DIY on your car
jiexy totoy mahaba
Hi guys sino dito nag try base lang sa panonood sa you tube. Ako anything related to my car nagawa ko na. Share your experiences pls..
DIM (did it myself):
1. painted front and rear disk brake calipers
2. Replaced shock absorbers and lowering springs
3. Installed and re-wired car-stereo, speakers, subwoofer and amplifier
4. Installed vacuum, voltmeter and air-fuel ratio gauge (with O2 sensor wiring)
5. Installed relay and ceramic headlight sockets
6. Installed and wired up auxilliary driving lights
7. Replaced fanbelts
8. replaced alternator
9. Replaced throttle-body with a bigger one0
Sabi nga ng iba DIY also means destroy it yourself. Nowadays madami mga mekaniko na di talaga marunong, praktisan lang sasakyan mo. Personally I would rather DIY, you learn stuff and its cheaper o nlabor.
Research is the key, google or youtube..0
List of DIY I did by learning it thru the Internet
1. Top off all the fluids (transmission, brake, coolant, power steering, washer)
2. Change windshield wiper
3. Change tires, rims, hubcaps.
4. Change oil
5. Change sparkplugs
6. Install cold air intake (car modding)
7. Install carbon fiber hood (car modding)
8. PlastiDip bumper (car modding)
That's all I can think for now.0
Overhauled my engine again after four months due to lousy overhauling job from a supposedly US trained mechanic!
-ported cylinder head using dremel and sandpaper
-skimmed head via diy float glass and fine sand paper
-honed cylinder walls using honing stones on drill
-replaced all clam shell bearings on main and con rods
-replaced wiper motor due to worn armature
-cleaned and painted all axles, axle housing
-greased all bearings on wheel spindles
-adjusted timing of distributor, cleaned distributor rotor and assembly
-greased leaf springs in between to minimize stiction
After all that engine work is done I can really feel the difference in engine performance, like night and day.
Trivial things like waxing my car gives me a headache, I only wax once every 6 months. Who cares if my vehicle is not spotless, at least I know it wont fail me on the road which is more important than looks.0
Vellumoid, just trace the pattern and cut with a sharp scissors, and punch holes out using the right sized tool punch.
For head gasket pagawa ka nalang sa may quiapo area, although not sure a quality ng materials nila (last resort pag wala ng available na replacement head gasket).0
shun_sakurai when in doubt, FLAT OUT!DIY?
- Replaced my seats with Recaro seats on BRIDE rails
- Installed CCFL front footwell lighting
- Took apart the A/C system; cleaned out the evaporator, condenser and blower
- Replaced old engine bay splash shield with a new one0
Our service providers that we works are high in and Im definitely sure many of our customers have beneficial conditions with our firm. So if ever you wanted to DIY your cars you can check our products for you car parts.
auto parts chrome plating0
Welcome to PinoyExchange!
- 4.5K All Categories
- 27K PEx Sports
- 56.7K PEx Local Entertainment
- 30.4K PEx International Entertainment
- 41.7K PEx Lifestyle
- 26.8K PEx Hobbies
- 64.1K PEx News and Tech
- PEx Business and Careers
- 44.5K PEx Family and Society
- 25.3K PEx Relationships
- 13.1K PEx Chat
- 29.5K PEx Campus
- 32.3K PEx Classifieds
- 703 PEx Community