Breaking in a new car — PinoyExchange

Breaking in a new car

Take it easy for the first 1k kms or go all out ?

Comments

• Don't live in the 90s. Hindi lang cellphone ang nagiging hi-tech, pati engine ng kotse nagiging high-tech din. Hinarurot na sa planta yang kotse bago mo pa makuha sa dealership so drive it like a normal driver would do. Syempre ibang usapan na kapag laging nakababad sa redline ang RPM mo. There's a reason why it is color red :naughty:

Only newly overhauled or newly rebuilt engines need Breaking-In :)
  • Flyunzipped
    Flyunzipped I > God > all
    Most of the advices about breaking in nowadays is to break it hard.
  • gaLj
    gaLj Fair And Guiling Copesmate
    ThugLine wrote: »
    Don't live in the 90s. Hindi lang cellphone ang nagiging hi-tech, pati engine ng kotse nagiging high-tech din. Hinarurot na sa planta yang kotse bago mo pa makuha sa dealership so drive it like a normal driver would do. Syempre ibang usapan na kapag laging nakababad sa redline ang RPM mo. There's a reason why it is color red :naughty:

I couldn't agree more. Tested na yung kotse (especially the engine and electronics) bago mo makuha yan, so no need sa pag-breakin.
  • Flyunzipped
    Flyunzipped I > God > all
    Breaking in on the first 1000 kms wont actually hurt.
  • djaynitor
    djaynitor Cheap Executive Orderly
    Take it easy EVERY TIME and ALL THE TIME to save fuel. You only hit hard on the race track.

--sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
  • slamm
    slamm runnin on empty
    ThugLine wrote: »

This is the general consensus now with most engines save for some high performance cars such as the BMW M series that still require a break-in period before letting all hell loose. What's more important is you go in for the prescribed service stop after the first 1,000kms.
  • jazzmine22
    jazzmine22 Non-Member
    Kakabili lang namin ng new SUV ng Ford last May 8, and when I asked the SA, hindi na daw kailangan ng break-in, since factory break-in na siya.

Baka ganun din car mo.
  • Nietono_no_Shana
    Nietono_no_Shana Coup de Gr?ce
    @Meanie!!

Based from what I have read before most new cars being manufactured today doesn't need to be break-in due to the improvements in the manufacturing sector, in which the dimensions of the engine parts are more accurate compared to before.
  • Yeah dear its rightly said that take it easy in the first 1k of the drive.Because new vehicle need its care for better performance and durability.

Visit | custom made caravans for your sight