COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

The UEFA Champions League

yo_monyo_mon 20 TIMES PExer
GROUP STAGE DRAW

01bc0105.jpg

Comments

• yo_monyo_mon 20 TIMES PExer
    The headlines will be about Kaka's return to Milan and Inter with Eto'o facing Barca with Ibrahimovic. Groups C, D and E are the toughest groups. Manchester United and Arsenal have been very lucky and will probably win their respective groups. I'll give my predictions when the transfer window closes.
  • janineRKOjanineRKO Som Un... PExer
    Kaka facing his former team...........

oh that would be interesting... haha! :D
  • Road DoggRoad Dogg Smell My Face!!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ I am so looking forward to that. Kaka returning to San Siro to play against his former team.
  • it's a good thing Arsenal got into a group with no giant teams in it lol
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Group G is a joke! how did that happen???
  • Bhodi LiBhodi Li Drunken Little Lecher! PExer
    janineRKO wrote: »
    Kaka facing his former team...........

oh that would be interesting... haha! :D

Kaka-SchmaKa! Etoo back to Barca would be better since he actually has something to prove to the Catalans.;)
  • Mister JTMister JT Member PExer
    I hope Eto'o scores a couple of goals in his return to Camp Nou, and gets an ovation from the fans. With Barca winning of course. Hehe...

I'm glad that Barca will get to meet Inter in the group stage and not in the knockout stages, because Eto'o is a killer.

Group F is also a tough group with the Spanish champions, Italian champions, Ukrainian champions and, wait for it, Russian champions.

I know that UEFA ranks teams by their performances during the past 5 years that's why CSKA is ranked ahead of Rubin. However, based on last year alone, Rubin could be bconsiderd a better team than CSKA.
  • richyuppierichyuppie Chelsea 2012 UEFA Champions PExer
    yo_mon wrote: »
    The headlines will be about Kaka's return to Milan and Inter with Eto'o facing Barca with Ibrahimovic. Groups C, D and E are the toughest groups. Manchester United and Arsenal have been very lucky and will probably win their respective groups. I'll give my predictions when the transfer window closes.

You forgot to mention Group A as a difficult group, well at least to the Israeli team. Never underestimate my one and only favorite French team, Bordeaux!!!
  • yo_monyo_mon 20 TIMES PExer
    my predictions, in this order:

Group A: Juventus, Bayern Munich
    Group B: Manchester United, Besiktas
    Group C: Real Madrid, Marseille
    Group D: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid
    Group E: Lyon, Liverpool
    Group F: Internazionale, Barcelona
    Group G: Sevilla, Stuttgart
    Group H: Arsenal, Olympiakos
  • Looking for players who can play with us in an upcoming league tournament at weekends only. Interested players pls text me: 09166395312
  • mother effing god, why is espn / star not broadcasting the champions league anymore???! wala sa tv sched eh, hassle!
  • riot8girlriot8girl Member PExer
    does anyone know if they're showing any of the games on TV? it's such a hassle watching online! :|
  • marky_83marky_83 Member PExer
    hehe. same problem here. ur best bet online is veetle.
    mother effing god, why is espn / star not broadcasting the champions league anymore???! wala sa tv sched eh, hassle!

i checked out other schedules in other regions for ESPNSTAR, and I think only China and Malaysia is airing the CL games live. i don't know who their sponsors is, but i think Heineken and/or Sony has pulled out in sponsoring the CL. as you can see, football crazy has a new sponsor, castrol.

i remember last may or june i answered a survey in espnstar about football sponsorships, from tiger beer to samsung to LG etc. i'm not sure if the corporations/sponsors are feeling the credit crunch last year. probably that's the reason. Calling San Miguel Corporation...
  • ^ Heineken still sponsors the CL. I think it was Sony who pulled out, but for what reason? For chrissake, its the Champions League!

It was really a hassle watching the game online, sopcast and tvu have poor channels, add to it the hassle of the intermitent signal, you wouldnt even know if someone scores which pretty much refutes the concept of watching a game "live".

Im really dissapointed with espnstar, yun na nga lang ang rason kung bakit ako nagcable, dahil sa football. wala pang customer service ot hotline man lang sa pilipinas sila, sa singapore, dyahe pa tumawag ng overseas. This is the first time in years na walang Champions League sila, dissapointing talaga. Hay nako, were doomed for a tv-less whole season of top class football. Crap.
  • gakutokamuigakutokamui biased gooner PExer
    f*ckin' espnstar
  • GunnarGunnar Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Baka balls ang mag cover
  • Kaiser88Kaiser88 ultreya PExer
    This sucks. Maganda pa naman yung Barca - Inter match. I hope espnstar will do something to bring back the coverage. For as long as I can remember, espn has always been airing the CL games live without fail. Why now??? I'm gonna go crazy without the CL on TV.
    ^ Heineken still sponsors the CL. I think it was Sony who pulled out, but for what reason? For chrissake, its the Champions League!

Im really dissapointed with espnstar, yun na nga lang ang rason kung bakit ako nagcable, dahil sa football. wala pang customer service ot hotline man lang sa pilipinas sila, sa singapore, dyahe pa tumawag ng overseas. This is the first time in years na walang Champions League sila, dissapointing talaga. Hay nako, were doomed for a tv-less whole season of top class football. Crap.

One word: Heineku!!!:lol:

according to wikipedia, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uefa_Champions_League and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Champions_League_broadcasters), espnstar is the broadcasting channel in our country/region, and Heineken and Sony are two of the sponsors of CL. but we all know that some data in wiki are not updated.

on a business point of view, if any of the major sponsors pulls out, then you can't blame the station if they pull out the show. don't get me wrong. i work/have my on tv shows, and its harder to get sponsors now compared to last year. remember this is a million bucks business. without sponsors, tv shows are doomed to profit loss. unless your a candidate who buys airtime for some non-sense infomercials...

buti pa si pacquiao. whenever he has a match, commercials are 8 minutes long in between rounds (we all know that it's just a minute)! considering the fact that commercial time at pacquiao matches are at prime time rate! now do the math there...
    also, i would be really disappointed if espn shows the FA Cup this year, and not the UEFA CL. i know that it is a different broadcasting rights than the english FA premier league. but then, if i'm a sponsor, i would rather sponsor UEFA CL rather than the FA cup.

also you can't also blame for Solar Sports if they're not airing La Liga and Bundesliga this year. i haven't talked to them about it this season, but last year, i was in touch with them. what i know they told me that Italian Serie A is too expensive.

it's all about the money folks!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file