Home PEx Hobbies Electronic Gaming
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Next Xbox May Be Called ‘Xbox Infinity’ According To Leaked Image

DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Next Xbox May Be Called ‘Xbox Infinity’ According To Leaked Image
By Ben Reid | April 29th, 2013

Hitherto, the world has commonly referred to Microsoft’s next-gen console as the Xbox 720, and although it does make some degree of sense, it has never seemed particularly likely that the software maker would actually opt for this moniker. And now according to an image circulating throughout Twitter and Reddit, the next-gen console may in fact be called “Xbox Infinity,” featuring the tagline “Infinite entertainment. Infinite possibilities.” As convincing as the image may be, many have already stepped out to refute these claims, notably Forbes, whose source suggests the Redmond company may simply ‘do an Apple’ and call it "Xbox."

Going with the name Xbox would be a little on the simple side, and in my opinion, tones down what is billed as being an all-singing, all-dancing next-gen powerhouse. Moreover, Apple’s decision to release products named identically to those previously marketed is one which has met stern criticism, no less from one of Steve Jobs’ former advisors, who referred to it as "confusing."

Xbox-Controller-white.png

Xbox Infinity would seem a decent enough name, though, and is certainly an improvement on Xbox 720. For the record, Microsoft has given no indication whatsoever that the upcoming Xbox will be called Xbox 720 or any other name for that matter, but until it’s completely ruled out, here’s to hoping the Windows maker isn’t tempted to double the number from the previous generation and call it a night.

Among all the names flying around, reports have also suggested the next Xbox’s controller will feature a touch element akin to the DualShock 4 of the PS4, with the touch area complementing the Xbox Kinect. Until we hear confirmation though, it’s all just rumor, and since [highlight]Microsoft has now confirmed the Xbox launch event for May 21st[/highlight], we won’t have to wait around too long to learn what’s in store.

BGNJArdCcAAvO4D1.jpg

WS6ikqe.png

Unlike Sony, which kept many of the key PlayStation 4 details under wraps when it announced its next-gen console back in February, Microsoft is expected to go all out in revealing virtually everything the gaming world wants to know about the forthcoming Xbox.

Source: http://www.redmondpie.com/xbox-infinity-tipped-as-name-for-next-xbox-image/

And I was thinking that they might pull a Sony Playstation 4 CONTROLLER ONLY reveal. But if they're going to spill the entire can of beans then I wonder what's in store? :naughty:

Comments

• PangitQuestPangitQuest PEx Rookie ⭐
    tapos sama mo pa ito?...hehehe
  • Xbox Infinity is a mouthful to pronounce.. They should use 720 instead since it's more popular already since 2010.
  • Sana lang marami silang hinahandang exclusives ngayon. Medyo inaalikabok na yung 360 ko ngayon eh. Kinalimutan na ata ang 360 nung sinimulan tong bagong xbox. Bagong title naman dyan, MS. Wala akong pake sa mga XBLA games niyo. :lol: Pero excited na ako sa Destiny. Medyo mataas ang goal nila sa game, pero I do hope they deliver! Pero PC ata ang maging standard nun so... baka dun ko na rin siya kunin. Sorry, ms. :lol:
  • Xbox Infinity is a mouthful to pronounce.. They should use 720
    "Infinity" and "seven twenty" have the same number of syllables though...
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    Xbox Infinity is a mouthful to pronounce.. They should use 720 instead since it's more popular already since 2010.

It has the same amount of syllables bro.

Plus Infinity sounds more legit,

Than Just a Continuation
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tadah! :glee:

More leaked specs from Kotaku (which is pretty old)...

http://kotaku.com/5982986/we-know-all-about-the-next-xbox-from-someone-who-says-theyve-got-one

And just in case anyone wants to compare both the Durango vs Orbis (also old data), there's a leak with regards to spec analysis at Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-spec-analysis-durango-vs-orbis
  • I must confess I love rumors, especially when it comes to Next Gen console Specs hardware, eversince PS2. :)
    It fills our imagination with clues on what can we expect from the next wave of technologies for the next 5 years to come..

But too bad some of the gamers online doesn't like rumors.. But then again they always post comments on those rumors and news too often. :glee:
  • PangitQuestPangitQuest PEx Rookie ⭐
    I must confess I love rumors, especially when it comes to Next Gen console Specs hardware, eversince PS2. :)
    It fills our imagination with clues on what can we expect from the next wave of technologies for the next 5 years to come..

But too bad some of the gamers online doesn't like rumors.. But then again they always post comments on those rumors and news too often. :glee:

ako hindi gaano mahilig na sa mga consoles, actually ayaw ko nga nyan mas trip ko na kasi ang game ko sa desktop, pero kahit paano kung me makita or napanood ko sa subscription ko sa youtube, kahit paano nag link na lang ako or sumasagot ako..hehe

pero AMD na ba CPU nyan o yung PS4 yon?..hehe
  • ako hindi gaano mahilig na sa mga consoles, actually ayaw ko nga nyan mas trip ko na kasi ang game ko sa desktop, pero kahit paano kung me makita or napanood ko sa subscription ko sa youtube, kahit paano nag link na lang ako or sumasagot ako..hehe

pero AMD na ba CPU nyan o yung PS4 yon?..hehe
    Yes, friend it was confirmed that AMD will provide CPU and GPU for PS4
    http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/amd-on-the-ps4-we-gave-it-the-hardware-nvidia-couldn-t-1141607 :)

So PS4 is essentially a PC based on it's hardware architecture..
  • DunedainDunedain PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I must confess I love rumors, especially when it comes to Next Gen console Specs hardware, eversince PS2. :)

My favorite back then (from numerous PS3 gamers) was the word FUTURE-PROOF. OK sana kaso Sony debunked that themselves. :glee:
  • Dunedain wrote: »
    My favorite back then (from numerous PS3 gamers) was the word FUTURE-PROOF. OK sana kaso Sony debunked that themselves. :glee:

:lol: I remember that too.. Good old days.