Home PEx Relationships LGBT Forum
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

On dating sites and dating attitudes [young person asking]

I wanted to know more about the workings of the Philippine gay scene, the what's and the who's.

I've been in and around the internet scene prowling in dating sites for a month now - and I'm a little bit disturbed by the recurring pattern of messages and pms without any regard for my dignity and well being. Nakaka degrade ng pagkatao yung mga indecent proposals and the amount of these types of messages.

hindi ko na tuloy alam kung maarte lang ako, o sadyang ganito ba talaga dapat sa mga dating site? If it were the case, what should I do? kailangan ko bang kagatin yung mga pain?

nakakalambot kasi ng ***** at nakakawalang gana yung mga taong wala nang ginawa kundi mag alok ng mag alok ng mga "trip" at "eyeball" at halatang walang mga plano at walang patutunguhan. I really want to give these sites a chance to be part of my development into a more mature environment, but I don't want it to be derogatory or subversive in nature.

Comments

• maharlikansunmaharlikansun PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    myworkload wrote: »
    I wanted to know more about the workings of the Philippine gay scene, the what's and the who's.

I've been in and around the internet scene prowling in dating sites for a month now - and I'm a little bit disturbed by the recurring pattern of messages and pms without any regard for my dignity and well being. Nakaka degrade ng pagkatao yung mga indecent proposals and the amount of these types of messages.

hindi ko na tuloy alam kung maarte lang ako, o sadyang ganito ba talaga dapat sa mga dating site? If it were the case, what should I do? kailangan ko bang kagatin yung mga pain?

nakakalambot kasi ng ***** at nakakawalang gana yung mga taong wala nang ginawa kundi mag alok ng mag alok ng mga "trip" at "eyeball" at halatang walang mga plano at walang patutunguhan. I really want to give these sites a chance to be part of my development into a more mature environment, but I don't want it to be derogatory or subversive in nature.

honey, it's not really surprising at all that you should experience that. while it is true that those sites you pertain to can lead to something longer and more substantial than a one night stand, the fact is most exchanges serve immediate, short-term purposes.

you're looking at an unlikely place. and don't even think about giving in to sexual propositions. go out and meet people.
  • ParkourParkour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Try mo rito sa PEx. :)
  • honey, it's not really surprising at all that you should experience that. while it is true that those sites you pertain to can lead to something longer and more substantial than a one night stand, the fact is most exchanges serve immediate, short-term purposes.

you're looking at an unlikely place. and don't even think about giving in to sexual propositions. go out and meet people.

not giving in is easy, saying no is hard. It's like they put you in a position to always yes. Anyway, reality just hit me. I'm quite ashamed I even asked this question. haha
  • Parkour wrote: »
    Try mo rito sa PEx. :)

haha, that'll take a lot of guts and courage. I'm still in the gray area for actually meeting people. but in case you've tried it, do tell me how :)
  • holy syett, naglaway ako sa avie ni Parkour :love:

myworkload, wala pa akong namimeet sa mga gay dating sites na hindi sex ang habol. kahit na 'yung mga nakalagay sa profile nila eh looking for friends lang, pag dating sa place ko biglang rereypin na 'ko. napapansin ko lang talaga kaya dineactivate ko na tuloy yung account ko sa pr
  • ParkourParkour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    haha, that'll take a lot of guts and courage. I'm still in the gray area for actually meeting people. but in case you've tried it, do tell me how :)

I was just suggesting. Kasi some people I know found their other half here. Although, I never dated anyone from this place (for personal reasons), I guess it's still worth a try. Just not for me. :)
  • holy syett, naglaway ako sa avie ni Parkour :love:

myworkload, wala pa akong namimeet sa mga gay dating sites na hindi sex ang habol. kahit na 'yung mga nakalagay sa profile nila eh looking for friends lang, pag dating sa place ko biglang rereypin na 'ko. napapansin ko lang talaga kaya dineactivate ko na tuloy yung account ko sa pr

I've been on that wretched site for almost a month now! I have not met a single person with enough sensibility to even sustain a working conversation! [and I've put so much thought in writing my profile info ... such a waste]
  • Parkour wrote: »
    I was just suggesting. Kasi some people I know found their other half here. Although, I never dated anyone from this place (for personal reasons), I guess it's still worth a try. Just not for me. :)

ah, haha, well guessing from the time you've joined, we're both relatively new. I'm going to try and make most of my PEx experience :love: :D
  • maharlikansunmaharlikansun PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    not giving in is easy, saying no is hard. It's like they put you in a position to always yes. Anyway, reality just hit me. I'm quite ashamed I even asked this question. haha

really, you cannot blame people for inviting your for sex, as you enter a site where propositions are frequent. i guess you didn't know back then. but now you do. and besides, you don't have an obligation to comply. those are invites, not impositions.
  • myworkload wrote: »
    It's like they put you in a position to always yes.

Anong posisyon ito? Yes! Haha

Ok sorry. Wala lang ako magawa :(
  • I met a couple of friends without sex involved.
    It really turned out well. I used to chat guys no pics on their profile.
    They are usually the discreet type and may iba na good looking talaga.

If you're not looking for sex, then don't post shirtless pic. Be wholesome.
    For me, mejo turn off din yung gusto agad makipagrelasyon after first date.
    That's why I stopped, mejo marami nadin akong nareject.
    When you said, we could be best buds/ friends. Di na sila magpaparamdam. Momove on na sila. But not all.
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TS: Try it out (meeting people). You are young. You have to start somewhere.

Just remember to stay safe.
  • JaysonMilkJaysonMilk PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    try mo lang may makikilala kadin matino dun..kung ayaw mo makipag sex di tumanggi ka sabihin mo lang pass thats it...yung iba kasi mas trip nila normal lang cowboy lang stop using hypolluting words vocabulary etc kasi in general mag agnun site for s x..before may na meet nga ako pustahan sa DOTA as in ganun lang..may pexers above na same avie gamit hahaha.

Tandaan mo lang be safe always
  • tahanntahann PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You can just rant and rant about those gay sites, whining how people tell treat you like a piece of meat and move from one gay site to another, like here, but don't ever think that nobody will try to take advantage of you in the new site.

Or you could learn how to make people react and treat you the way you want them to.
  • enrikino wrote: »
    Anong posisyon ito? Yes! Haha

Ok sorry. Wala lang ako magawa :(

haha it's a terrible position!
  • ILZurich wrote: »
    I met a couple of friends without sex involved.
    It really turned out well. I used to chat guys no pics on their profile.
    They are usually the discreet type and may iba na good looking talaga.

If you're not looking for sex, then don't post shirtless pic. Be wholesome.
    For me, mejo turn off din yung gusto agad makipagrelasyon after first date.
    That's why I stopped, mejo marami nadin akong nareject.
    When you said, we could be best buds/ friends. Di na sila magpaparamdam. Momove on na sila. But not all.

I don't have shirtless pics or nude pics at that. I've always behaved in the same way I wanted to be treated - with respect. from reading all the comments here, I'm quite convinced that there really is no future for me in those sites. haha
  • sariwang isda ka pala ts eh. baka maraming mamingwit sa yo dito. pwede ring ikaw ang maraming mabingwit na isada dito. feeling ko, matalas naman yan hook mo eh.
  • TS: Try it out (meeting people). You are young. You have to start somewhere.

Just remember to stay safe.

I will :) I will! thank you :)
  • JaysonMilk wrote: »
    try mo lang may makikilala kadin matino dun..kung ayaw mo makipag sex di tumanggi ka sabihin mo lang pass thats it...yung iba kasi mas trip nila normal lang cowboy lang stop using hypolluting words vocabulary etc kasi in general mag agnun site for s x..before may na meet nga ako pustahan sa DOTA as in ganun lang..may pexers above na same avie gamit hahaha.

Tandaan mo lang be safe always

I'm really learning a lot. haha. highfalutin words are a no-no and try to be as simple as possible. check.
  • tahann wrote: »
    You can just rant and rant about those gay sites, whining how people tell treat you like a piece of meat and move from one gay site to another, like here, but don't ever think that nobody will try to take advantage of you in the new site.

Or you could learn how to make people react and treat you the way you want them to.

teach me master! :love: