Home PEx Relationships Love - Stories & Experiences

will you give up a regular position to a job that offers higher salary?

I'm confused. I'm currently working, and will be giving birth on June. Sa mahal ng gastusin ngayon, I don't think my salary is enough for my baby and my sister who's now going to college, I'll be the one who'll be sending her to school kasi, though state university naman yun papasukan nya.

I'm in a good company, benefit-wise, but the salary, ugh. Not enough. I'm thinking of applying to other companies which offer high salary and good benefits as well. I just don't know when to start applying, nanghihinayang kasi ako kasi regular na ko dun. :(

If you're in my place? What will you do? When will you start searching? When is the best timing? :(

Comments

• uzumaki_narutouzumaki_naruto PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kung ako, yeah, lilipat ako sa mas mataas na sahod.. madali lang naman maregular eh.. best time to resign, september.. tapos apply ka ng january.. :naughty:
  • Okey lang magresign TS after mong manganak.. kasama pa sa benefits yun, sayang din..
  • ^september? Y do you think? It's my first job kasi. Haha. I was absorbed when I was an intern, parang nahiya din kasi ako magresign agad. Do you think 1.5 yrs of stay in the company isn't bad?
  • kung ako, yeah, lilipat ako sa mas mataas na sahod.. madali lang naman maregular eh.. best time to resign, september.. tapos apply ka ng january.. :naughty:
    dabbydabs wrote: »
    Okey lang magresign TS after mong manganak.. kasama pa sa benefits yun, sayang din..

Sayang kasi yung 13th month pay. Urrrggg. I'm planning to apply sa mga CC. Ok ba dun? BPO din naman samin, non-voice nga lang. Kaya mababa .
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    MommyA wrote: »
    ^september? Y do you think? It's my first job kasi. Haha. I was absorbed when I was an intern, parang nahiya din kasi ako magresign agad. Do you think 1.5 yrs of stay in the company isn't bad?

there is nothing bad about it.

Sayang kasi yung 13th month pay. Urrrggg. I'm planning to apply sa mga CC. Ok ba dun? BPO din naman samin, non-voice nga lang. Kaya mababa .

you will still get part of your 13month pay in proportion to the number of months served in that year.

yeah ok naman.. mas mataas sahod..
  • zxcziekzxcziek PEx Rookie ⭐
    Refer kita dito samen?
  • Vit@min_C[email protected]_C PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    single mom?
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How is this a dilemma? Hindi ka pa nga nagaapply, you're worried about getting accepted na. :glee:

Paano ka pipile kung wala ka namang pipiliin?

You can look, you can apply. Don't write off your options until you have them. You cannot compare unless you have that option to.

One or the other,

Greener on the Other Side
  • katze_schmusekatze_schmuse PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    think of this:
    1. buntis ka at manganganak, walang employer ang kukuha ng buntis na tulad mo dahil you will be paid without working, means kabawasan ka on the days that you are not coming to work and [a
    2. malapit na mag june at iyong kapatid mo kamo mag aaral sa state university, if you resign now saan ka kukuha ng pang tuition na considering you will wait for roughly about 3/4 of a month before you get your first salary in case lilipat ka
    3. mahirap ang palipat lipat ng company as this would go against your employment record, thus it will be used against you during interviews pwera nalang kung maidedepensa mo ang dahilan ng pag alis mo
    4. before you start worrying on leaving your current job, manganak ka na muna para sa benefits mo like : HMO, sss benefits etc
    5. weigh your options muna like probably getting a promotion para ma raise din sweldo mo rather than jumping off the company tapos mas worst pala nalipatan mo

:cheers:
  • sexyjoyce01sexyjoyce01 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    operations managr sa 2017 pa yata yun :)
  • A lot of companies called na. I just can't accept their offer because of my condition, I'm really planning to resign, I just don't know when is the right and good timing, that's my dilemma. haha. Anyway, andito naman kasi yung dad ng baby ko and he has a good job.

my plan is, I'll apply first then pag may nag-offer ng maganda, saka ako magreresign. Timing lang talaga problema ko. when? when? :(
  • not now my dear, stresfull to you and your soon to be baby... you never know what environment you will be in, baka mapressure ka!
  • hi ts

I think mas okay for you to resign and look for better paying jobs after giving birth.2 months at least.its too late na kasi.anong petsa na kaya.haha.tama si narutz september would be the best.

also , you don't have to worry or mahiya sa current company mo na magresign.length of stay and you leaving the company shouldn't be an issue.ang importante eh maayos kang aalis.yun lang naman.

and.. bago ka magresign don't forget to check for JO and benefits sa new company..

gusto mo refer kita?? :lol: jk
  • MommyA wrote: »
    A lot of companies called na. I just can't accept their offer because of my condition, I'm really planning to resign, I just don't know when is the right and good timing, that's my dilemma. haha. Anyway, andito naman kasi yung dad ng baby ko and he has a good job.

my plan is, I'll apply first then pag may nag-offer ng maganda, saka ako magreresign. Timing lang talaga problema ko. when? when? :(

Apply na agad. Since may doubt kana sa work mo ngayon, go signal na un that you need a job that pays much higher. gl.
  • ^ kaso she's due in june na.hehe.ano yun training ng May tapos ML ng june.hassle for her.mag-aadjust sa new work plus manganganak.hmm parang di magandang ideya.CC pa eh stressful din yan.anyhow, na kay TS din naman yan.

@ts

ps. remember, health muna ni baby should be your top priority this time.ang paghahanap ng work ay madali lang naman ;)
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TS, all my fresh graduate officemates often complain about their low wages. and, that is the real reason way they are transferring to another employer.

higher salary, better benefits, and great office environment.
  • oo ****.. kaya grab every opportunity...
  • hardylainehardylaine PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kung doble ang alok why not di ba? :glee:

minsan lang dumating ang opportunity, sunggaban nyo na agad..
    hardylaine wrote: »
    minsan lang dumating ang opportunity, sunggaban nyo na agad..

kaya pala andami mong sinusunggaban..
    tirhan mo naman kami! :glee: