Home PEx Sports Sports Zone

Boxing: Canelo Alvarez

Just watched Alvarez vs. Trout!
Alvarez wins via unanimous decision...
Wow this 22 year old kid proved that he is special!
Hes got the speed, power, and ring intelligence...

Can he be the one to defeat Floyd Mayweather Jr?

Your thoughts?

Comments

• CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    he's been promoted well, and he is indeed proving himself, Mexico really has high hopes for him, he's their Golden Boy pun intended, look how he filled up the Alamodome, Chavez Jr. wasn't able to do it last year when I was there
  • Before the Martinez-Chavez Jr. fight, I thought Alvarez is just over hyped fighter and that Chavez Jr. will just school him. Martinez exposed Jr. though, and Alvarez put on a beat down against Josesito Lopez who made Ortiz quit.

How do you think Alvarez would fare against FMJ or even against Martinez?

I saw his fight earlier and that kid has got serious power and good defense too.
  • keehlnatekeehlnate PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    proved himself against a real tough opponent. a mayweather fight is close, but he can still take his time instead of rushing in to that bout.
  • keehlnate wrote: »
    proved himself against a real tough opponent. a mayweather fight is close, but he can still take his time instead of rushing in to that bout.

The fight earlier should have been against Cotto right?But Trout derailed it, I think Cotto got lucky honestly! I mean it would have been a better fight for fightfans because Cotto will fight back no matter what, but Cotto would have been KO'ed by this guy.
  • KARTOGKARTOG PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    If Pacquiao is bent on fighting on, maybe a Canelo fight is his best option? Top Rank could roll the dice for this one, Pac is going to ride into the sunset in a year anyway. If he beats "Cinnamon", way for Top Rank to stick it in Golden Boy and Showtime's collective *****. If Pac gets beat by the younger and stronger stallion, he retires in a fiery show of force, which he'll do anyway eventually--sooner than most think at least.
  • KARTOG wrote: »
    If Pacquiao is bent on fighting on, maybe a Canelo fight is his best option? Top Rank could roll the dice for this one, Pac is going to ride into the sunset in a year anyway. If he beats "Cinnamon", way for Top Rank to stick it in Golden Boy and Showtime's collective *****. If Pac gets beat by the younger and stronger stallion, he retires in a fiery show of force, which he'll do anyway eventually--sooner than most think at least.

Im not afraid of Pac facing Floyd cause I know Floyd can hit pac but wont hurt him. But against Canelo? Canelo is big and powerful, Im sure his right hand is stronger than the one that hit Pac the last time... But Im not counting Pac out, if he could pull his performance against Margarito he'd have a chance.

I think Canelo is the draw right now, only possible opponents for him are Floyd and Martinez or maybe the guy named Golovkin, I heard that guy can punch too.
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Good power on both fists. That KD on round 7 was awesome in a funny way. lol
  • Too early to say. And Mayweather wont take this fight at this stage with fight contracts with Showtime. Fighting Trout was a step in the right direction. Don't think about Mayweather for now, they are a lot more out there to take.
    taj_2306 wrote: »
    Im not afraid of Pac facing Floyd cause I know Floyd can hit pac but wont hurt him. But against Canelo? Canelo is big and powerful, Im sure his right hand is stronger than the one that hit Pac the last time... But Im not counting Pac out, if he could pull his performance against Margarito he'd have a chance.

I think Canelo is the draw right now, only possible opponents for him are Floyd and Martinez or maybe the guy named Golovkin, I heard that guy can punch too.
    Golovkin and Canelo shared a training camp in Big Bear, and I think the Mexican lad's camp knows better than to throw him in with "Superman" in an actual fight.
  • KARTOG wrote: »
    Golovkin and Canelo shared a training camp in Big Bear, and I think the Mexican lad's camp knows better than to throw him in with "Superman" in an actual fight.

I havent really seen Golovkin fight but his record of 26-0 with 23 KO's is pretty impressive. I wonder where the russian guy is right now? I cant even remember his name. The guy that beat Daniel Jacobs, the up and coming star by Oscar dela Hoya before.

I think Floyd wont fight Canelo anyway, only Martinez has the balls to fight anyone so Im expecting Canelo-Martinez or Canelo-Chavez Jr.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    I wanna see Canelo-Chavez Jr., its gonna be a Mexican Civil War!

GGG is impressive but he needs a step up in competition
  • http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-miguel-cotto-also-an-option-canelo--64724

As great as Cotto has been, I think if this fight against Canelo will happen, he will be a huge underdog. Unlike Trout though, I think Cotto has the power to hurt Canelo "if" he can catch him.
  • taj_2306 wrote: »
    Before the Martinez-Chavez Jr. fight, I thought Alvarez is just over hyped fighter and that Chavez Jr. will just school him. Martinez exposed Jr. though, and Alvarez put on a beat down against Josesito Lopez who made Ortiz quit.

How do you think Alvarez would fare against FMJ or even against Martinez?

I saw his fight earlier and that kid has got serious power and good defense too.

If Cotto can bust up Mayweather, Canelo can do more damage. But Gayweather will avoid him for sure.

He will lose against Martinez.
    taj_2306 wrote: »
    I havent really seen Golovkin fight but his record of 26-0 with 23 KO's is pretty impressive. I wonder where the russian guy is right now? I cant even remember his name. The guy that beat Daniel Jacobs, the up and coming star by Oscar dela Hoya before.

I think Floyd wont fight Canelo anyway, only Martinez has the balls to fight anyone so Im expecting Canelo-Martinez or Canelo-Chavez Jr.
    That's Dmitry Pirog, I think he holds the WBO belt right now.

Try seeing Golovkin-Rosado and Golovkin-Ishida. You'd think GGG was terribly outsized by Rosado just by looking at them, but as the fight went on it was Rosado who was mismatched. You would have to admire the heart of Rosado for not giving up til the end.

I apologize for the off-topic posts in a thread on Canelo.
  • Hi, guys, ito ay 3G telepono mabuti o masama? Gusto kong bumili ito ibigay ang aking anak na lalaki bilang regalo. kanyang birsthday ay paparating na. paano sa tingin mo ito camera regalo? tingnan ang: http://tao.la/a5h
  • Michael, Doug or Lem ‏@ringmagazine
    Lem: Schaefer says Alvarez will be ringside for Mayweather-Guerrero. Not a good omen for Floyd.

Michael, Doug or Lem ‏@ringmagazine
    Lem: When Alvarez showed up for Ortiz-Lopez, looking to fight Ortiz, Lopez won #boxing

Lem: When Alvarez was ringside for Trout-Cotto, looking to fight Cotto, who lost #boxing

Lem: Alvarez will be ringside for Mayweather-Guerrero, looking to fight Mayweather in Sept. #boxing