COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

BDO Unibank Depositors

Merged with GE Money Bank

I cannot see any BDO depositor's thread. Kaya I made one.

I'm thinking about opening a savings account at this bank, and close maybe one or two of my BPI bank accounts (I have four). Mag-o-open ako ng savings, and if all goes well, baka pati checking account dito na rin ako sa BDO. The maintaining balances of their ATM (and even passbook) savings and their checking accounts are attractive, but that's not the main reason why I want an account with this bank.

I'm happy with BPI's customer overall (but I've got a few complaints with them), kaya lang recently nalaman ko BDO had waived charges sa remittance ko from a freelance site I work with regularly (odesk) at pinakamabilis na ngayon ang BDO when it comes to receiving remittances from that freelance site.

So it's actually that income reason. Mahirap rin magbuhat ng pera from one bank to another especially if I have to do this regularly. LOL.

But I am not sure with the billers. Di ko alam if BIR eFPS works well with this bank, and have BENECO listed as one of their billers. Can anyone confirm success in paying these billers? Or at least tell me kung nakalista ang mga ito sa BDO online accounts nila?

I still see long lines inside the bank. But I guess they won't be much of a worry. But there are some occasions when I have to deposit funds over the counter na usually galing sa ibang bangko.

Comments

• burmanburman tropical pomology PExer
    Just wanna ask you experienced bankers if whats your comment on GE Money Bank? Magiging stable ba siya sa Philippines?
  • mangboymangboy Member PExer
    i used to have all my TD there. kahit nung keppel pa sya. ok naman pero ngayon ang baba na rin ng rates
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    GE Money still pays us better rates on average than other major commercial banks. But you have to wonder how much longer they can do it. They are owned by a company with a AAA bond rating. Why should they be borrowing expensive money?
  • i have a bad experience with GE. They told me that for an atm 500 the maintaining balance is 500. yun pala 2k, kaya may fee ako na 150 kc below maintaining. and this feb interest rates will be cut into half...Hello???? d ba yun ang main points nila sa simple is better (or something to that effect) campaign. I'm worried kasi sasandali pa lang, e nagbaba na ng rates...di kaya may financial problems sila?
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Pag nagbaba ng rate, maaring narating na nila ang target nila kaya preno muna sa pagkuha ng deposit. Kung may "financial problems" man yon, siguro wala silang mapaggamitan ng perang nahiram nila. Ngayon kung depositor ka ng Bank A na nagbibigay ng 10%, habang ang Bank B, at Bank C na tinuturing nilang "peer" ay 7.5% at 7.75% lang ang bayad, magtaka ka na.
  • rain07rain07 bakasyonista PExer
    may bad experience din ako sa GE MOney Bank.. Dyan kasi dinedeposit ung salary namin sa previous kong company, na-debit ung 1st sweldo ko kasi hindi pa ayos ung links nila with other bank. The associate told us never to transact with BPI, Landbank and Banco De Oro during pay days (15 and 30) kasi siguradong debit money mo. Sa ibang banks like metrobank, minsan nirereject ng machine ung transaction. Nakakapagwithdraw lang ako ng walang takot sa Chinabank. Dati okay din sa Equitable PCI kaso 2 of my office mates nadebit din after a few months na nakakapagtransact sa kanila. I do hope na maayos nila agad un. Sobrang dami sa amin ang nadebit ng sweldo from different banks.
  • metropolitanmetropolitan the truth hurts, does it? ✭✭✭
    rain07 wrote: »
    may bad experience din ako sa GE MOney Bank.. Dyan kasi dinedeposit ung salary namin sa previous kong company, na-debit ung 1st sweldo ko kasi hindi pa ayos ung links nila with other bank. The associate told us never to transact with BPI, Landbank and Banco De Oro during pay days (15 and 30) kasi siguradong debit money mo. Sa ibang banks like metrobank, minsan nirereject ng machine ung transaction. Nakakapagwithdraw lang ako ng walang takot sa Chinabank. Dati okay din sa Equitable PCI kaso 2 of my office mates nadebit din after a few months na nakakapagtransact sa kanila. I do hope na maayos nila agad un. Sobrang dami sa amin ang nadebit ng sweldo from different banks.

that is so weird for a company that claims to practice six sigma
  • bulatawbulataw Member PExer
    rain07 wrote: »

napakaweird naman nito baka naman ang mismong company mo ang nagdebit. first time kong marinig na bawal magwithdraw every 15 & 30 :rotflmao:
  • bulatawbulataw Member PExer
    mangboy wrote: »
    i used to have all my TD there. kahit nung keppel pa sya. ok naman pero ngayon ang baba na rin ng rates

magkano naman ang TD rate na nakuha mo before?

at yung ngayon magkano na ang current rate?
  • mangboymangboy Member PExer
    yung 6 months nasa 7% yata. ngayon daw below 5% na lang. i still visit since my dollar account ako sa kanila. pero i plan to transfer to maybank yung dollar TD, about 4% at least. TD ko ngayon sa rural banks na lang.
  • ok ba sa maybank, i mean for ordinary savings?
  • boogerflickerboogerflicker the coolangot PExer
    it's NOT the simply better way to bank.
  • rain07rain07 bakasyonista PExer
    Totoo. Hindi lang ako naka experience na na debit na sweldo. Madami kami. When we had that problem, nalagot talaga yung mga officers ng GEMB. Ayala branch ang napa process ng salary namin dati. Kung company ko nga yung nagdebit ng sweldo, imposible namang 5 kaming hindi makakuha out of 25 trainees at that time. Ang company ko GE din po, sa callcenter nila sa Alabang. Siguro naman by this time naayos na nila ung links with other banks at sana wala ng maulit pang ganung incident.
  • Naruto KunNaruto Kun Member PExer
    pare-pareho naman yang mga banko. kung talagang capital growth ang habol mo, don't expect too much from banks. pang safe keeping lang yan or for your emergency funds. kung talagang gusto mo ng growth, go for mutual funds or if you can learn it, sa stocks or sa business na gusto mo
  • foolchafoolcha Member PExer
    Naruto Kun wrote: »
    pare-pareho naman yang mga banko. kung talagang capital growth ang habol mo, don't expect too much from banks. pang safe keeping lang yan or for your emergency funds. kung talagang gusto mo ng growth, go for mutual funds or if you can learn it, sa stocks or sa business na gusto mo

I definitely agree.
  • metadreamerboymetadreamerboy Member PExer
    This bank is definitely a turn-off. I opened a savings account and was told that maintaining for the next six months is P500 so as not to be charged a P150 maintaining balance fee. Last December, I had a below P500 balance so understandably I was penalized the P150 maintaining balance fee. Since I incurred the balance the last few days of December, it was carried over the first few days of January. I made a deposit of 2k Jan 5 but towards the end of the month I was penalized a P150 maintaining balance fee. The customer service rep said that since I started the month with a below P500 balance, I was automatically penalized a P150 maintaining balance fee. A TOTAL CRAP! Never before had I been in this situation with my former bank. And to make things worse, in my fourth month I had a balance of P600 and was assessed the P150 maintaining balance fee. Apparently, the bank lied when they said that I have 6 months after opening the account to maintain a monthly P500 minimum balance before assessing a P150 maintaining balance fee. (2k pala maintaining balance- so why the hell did they call it ATM 500)

And that’s not the end of it, in my fourth month, they lowered the interest rates on all savings account!

DON’T EVER THINK OF DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS FRAUDALENT BANK! GE WON’T LAST LONG THE WAY IT CONDUCTS BUSINESS!
  • bankerIIbankerII Member
    If these were not explained thoroughly, either you ask the New Accounts clerk/Customer Service for clarification or maybe you should read the "fine prints".

my humble suggestion. ;)
  • metadreamerboymetadreamerboy Member PExer
    yeah, i should have read the fine print, but who reads the fine print. and it doesnt excuse their csr's from giving false information...
  • bankerIIbankerII Member
    You're right. they could have explained it "more extensively" to you. maybe, just call it " insufficient explanation" ? another day, another lesson learned......;)
  • internalmedinternalmed Member PExer
    our family reads everything in the fine print...thats why its there, to be read

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file