BDO (Banco De Oro) Unibank : Deposits 😘

freelancer_babefreelancer_babe Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Merged with GE Money BankBDO (Banco De Oro) Unibank : Deposits, and BDO (Banco De Oro) Elite/Private Bank (dating "American Express Savings Bank")

I cannot see any BDO depositor's thread. Kaya I made one.

I'm thinking about opening a savings account at this bank, and close maybe one or two of my BPI bank accounts (I have four). Mag-o-open ako ng savings, and if all goes well, baka pati checking account dito na rin ako sa BDO. The maintaining balances of their ATM (and even passbook) savings and their checking accounts are attractive, but that's not the main reason why I want an account with this bank.

I'm happy with BPI's customer overall (but I've got a few complaints with them), kaya lang recently nalaman ko BDO had waived charges sa remittance ko from a freelance site I work with regularly (odesk) at pinakamabilis na ngayon ang BDO when it comes to receiving remittances from that freelance site.

So it's actually that income reason. Mahirap rin magbuhat ng pera from one bank to another especially if I have to do this regularly. LOL.

But I am not sure with the billers. Di ko alam if BIR eFPS works well with this bank, and have BENECO listed as one of their billers. Can anyone confirm success in paying these billers? Or at least tell me kung nakalista ang mga ito sa BDO online accounts nila?

I still see long lines inside the bank. But I guess they won't be much of a worry. But there are some occasions when I have to deposit funds over the counter na usually galing sa ibang bangko.

Comments

• mark_markmark_mark MAXICARE APPLYT 09178046275 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Can this be true and or has it been bought already? Possible consequences... :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:
  • KrakistaKrakista Speak to Win! PExer
    Possible consequences? Layoffs.
  • thebluemysterythebluemystery tantanananana PExer
    so it's true tlaga?
  • CherieCherie Workaholic PExer
    parang imposible ah...
  • KrakistaKrakista Speak to Win! PExer
    Search Google
  • tidus1203tidus1203 star of the abes! PExer
    The Sy's are trying to buy the shares of SSS who owns stocks of EPCI Bank. However, the Go family are blocking that bid.
  • nickngnickng booty nomad PExer
    It's a foregone conclusion according the EPCI insiders.
  • SeminaristaKunoSeminaristaKuno Member PExer
    Chinabank is next....
  • med_transmed_trans pexing while transcribing PExer
    nabili narin ng BDO ang 66/67 branches of UOB...
  • tidus1203tidus1203 star of the abes! PExer
    Chinabank is next....

Actually the Sy's have majority of Chinabank what they want with Chinabank is a merger with BDO which the Dee's dont want. But anyway at this stage its not wise to merge both since both BDO and CBC are very profitable.
  • ako si..ako si.. Headband Girl PExer
    BDO - EPCI - they're buying the SSS shares - it's true, most probably supreme court's decision will be at the end of thei year. as far as i know, the first payment scheme was 1B d.p. then 1B every year for seven years. now, from what we've heard, they're going to pay the whole 8B.

BDO - UOB - it's true, they've bought 66/67 branches, the 67th w/c is the head office (left to UOB).

BDO - CBC - they have majority in the shares but they're still pondering if merging is going to be a wise decision since CBC made it 2nd place in terms of ROI last year.
  • burmanburman tropical pomology PExer
    Just wanna ask you experienced bankers if whats your comment on GE Money Bank? Magiging stable ba siya sa Philippines?
  • mangboymangboy Member PExer
    i used to have all my TD there. kahit nung keppel pa sya. ok naman pero ngayon ang baba na rin ng rates
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    GE Money still pays us better rates on average than other major commercial banks. But you have to wonder how much longer they can do it. They are owned by a company with a AAA bond rating. Why should they be borrowing expensive money?
  • i have a bad experience with GE. They told me that for an atm 500 the maintaining balance is 500. yun pala 2k, kaya may fee ako na 150 kc below maintaining. and this feb interest rates will be cut into half...Hello???? d ba yun ang main points nila sa simple is better (or something to that effect) campaign. I'm worried kasi sasandali pa lang, e nagbaba na ng rates...di kaya may financial problems sila?
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Pag nagbaba ng rate, maaring narating na nila ang target nila kaya preno muna sa pagkuha ng deposit. Kung may "financial problems" man yon, siguro wala silang mapaggamitan ng perang nahiram nila. Ngayon kung depositor ka ng Bank A na nagbibigay ng 10%, habang ang Bank B, at Bank C na tinuturing nilang "peer" ay 7.5% at 7.75% lang ang bayad, magtaka ka na.
  • rain07rain07 bakasyonista PExer
    may bad experience din ako sa GE MOney Bank.. Dyan kasi dinedeposit ung salary namin sa previous kong company, na-debit ung 1st sweldo ko kasi hindi pa ayos ung links nila with other bank. The associate told us never to transact with BPI, Landbank and Banco De Oro during pay days (15 and 30) kasi siguradong debit money mo. Sa ibang banks like metrobank, minsan nirereject ng machine ung transaction. Nakakapagwithdraw lang ako ng walang takot sa Chinabank. Dati okay din sa Equitable PCI kaso 2 of my office mates nadebit din after a few months na nakakapagtransact sa kanila. I do hope na maayos nila agad un. Sobrang dami sa amin ang nadebit ng sweldo from different banks.
  • metropolitanmetropolitan the truth hurts, does it? PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    rain07 wrote: »
    may bad experience din ako sa GE MOney Bank.. Dyan kasi dinedeposit ung salary namin sa previous kong company, na-debit ung 1st sweldo ko kasi hindi pa ayos ung links nila with other bank. The associate told us never to transact with BPI, Landbank and Banco De Oro during pay days (15 and 30) kasi siguradong debit money mo. Sa ibang banks like metrobank, minsan nirereject ng machine ung transaction. Nakakapagwithdraw lang ako ng walang takot sa Chinabank. Dati okay din sa Equitable PCI kaso 2 of my office mates nadebit din after a few months na nakakapagtransact sa kanila. I do hope na maayos nila agad un. Sobrang dami sa amin ang nadebit ng sweldo from different banks.

that is so weird for a company that claims to practice six sigma
  • bulatawbulataw Member PExer
    rain07 wrote: »

napakaweird naman nito baka naman ang mismong company mo ang nagdebit. first time kong marinig na bawal magwithdraw every 15 & 30 :rotflmao:
  • bulatawbulataw Member PExer
    mangboy wrote: »
    i used to have all my TD there. kahit nung keppel pa sya. ok naman pero ngayon ang baba na rin ng rates

magkano naman ang TD rate na nakuha mo before?

at yung ngayon magkano na ang current rate?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file