Russia Never Sleeps

Comments

• babylandbabyland Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited November 2018
    @devin_soo,

i am confident mabibigyan ka ng visa to moscow.  hindi naman sila mahigpit.  

Sigurado may snow na iyan pagdating mo.  Hope you have winter/snow shoes.  Hindi puwede sneakers lang yan unless siguro you have thick wool socks.   Anyway, puwede ka naman siguro bumili dun sa mall beside your Novotel hotel if ever. 

• devin_soodevin_soo Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    babyland said:
    @devin_soo,

i am confident mabibigyan ka ng visa to moscow.  hindi naman sila mahigpit.  

Sigurado may snow na iyan pagdating mo.  Hope you have winter/snow shoes.  Hindi puwede sneakers lang yan unless siguro you have thick wool socks.   Anyway, puwede ka naman siguro bumili dun sa mall beside your Novotel hotel if ever. 

Thank you. Yes. meron naman po aku mga winter boots. Plan ko din po bumili ng russian boots yun Valenki para souvenir na din. I-Check ko yun surrounding area ng Novotel mukhang marami talaga mabilhan ('di lang mga food pala).

Gustu ko din sana makahanap ng Soviet Union items as souvenir and from FIFA World Cup 2018. :) So far ang hinahanap ko ngayon is Tour Agency for my 1-day Vladimir/Suzdal Trip. Do you think dun na lang aku sa desk sa Novotel mag-inquire on this? ang expensive kasi ng online booking 'pag solo..
    @devin_soo

You can write an email to Novotel now so that they can give you a price quote already.  At least, hindi ka na mabibigla and you can check if pasok sa budget mo.  I can't comment on your trip to Vladimir/Suzdal kasi i didn't go there.  

Madami FIFA souvenirs pero nasa St. Petersburg.  Sa moscow,  you can try your luck sa mall beside Novotel or at the Old Arbat Street.  Mahal lang nga sa Old Arbat Street shopping street kasi tourist area talaga yun.   

• wanderer9020wanderer9020 Not all who wander are lost PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I was there last Jan 4. Its cold but there is no such thing as cold if you are properly dressed. And was also there last year in August.

1. St Basil doesnt have access to The Kremlin, but Kremlin does have access to St. Basil , so make sure you alight at the correct station if u intend to go to Kremlin first.
    2. Dec 17 sunrise at 8:55am and sunset at 3:56pm , so factor that in your iterinary espeicially the golden ring your taking about.I researched it but its impossible in winter due to short daytime but a private tour might be doable.I instead took the daytrip to St Petersburg using sapsan express train. The winter scenery is astounding.
    3. The train access in DME airport has no shelter or heating, so before you get out, make sure, ur already wear your downjacket.
    4. The best souvenirs are located in Izmailovo MArket, google on how to get there.
    5. Sokolniki Park is beautiful, massive and has skating rink and ice sculptures exhibit.Its a 5 minute walk from Sokolniki Station
    6. Get yourself a prepaid simcard at the airport itself, its very cheap.Use google translate to communicate with locals.

I love winter in Russia, its very white. My ultimate Russian adventure, is to take the 7 days train ride from Moscow to Vladivostok in deep winter. Must be magical then but Im not sure if I can survive the boredom.

Other plans would be braving the winter in Siberia.
  • biojessicbiojessic Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Our Moscow itinerary:
    Day 1 - Moscow walking tour, Red Square, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Zaryadye Park
    Day 2 - Vdnkh Park, Cosmonautics Museum, Bunker-42
    Day 3 - Kremlin, Vodka Museum, Izmailovsky Market
    Day 4 - Christ the Saviour Cathedral, Arbat Street, Victory Park

My fave: loob ng Saint Basil's Cathedral (for the detailed interior/ceiling), labas ng State Historical Museum (feeling ko ang ganda nito sa winter for a red/white background picture), Cosmonautics Museum (for moon globe), Vdnkh Park (for  Vostok replica), and of course, train stations!

@devin_soo,

I just remembered:  Sa GUM mall sa tabi ng kremlin, mayrun shop nagbebenta ng FIFA souveneirs.  

FYI.
    I was there last Jan 4. Its cold but there is no such thing as cold if you are properly dressed. And was also there last year in August.

1. St Basil doesnt have access to The Kremlin, but Kremlin does have access to St. Basil , so make sure you alight at the correct station if u intend to go to Kremlin first.
    2. Dec 17 sunrise at 8:55am and sunset at 3:56pm , so factor that in your iterinary espeicially the golden ring your taking about.I researched it but its impossible in winter due to short daytime but a private tour might be doable.I instead took the daytrip to St Petersburg using sapsan express train. The winter scenery is astounding.
    3. The train access in DME airport has no shelter or heating, so before you get out, make sure, ur already wear your downjacket.
    4. The best souvenirs are located in Izmailovo MArket, google on how to get there.
    5. Sokolniki Park is beautiful, massive and has skating rink and ice sculptures exhibit.Its a 5 minute walk from Sokolniki Station
    6. Get yourself a prepaid simcard at the airport itself, its very cheap.Use google translate to communicate with locals.

I love winter in Russia, its very white. My ultimate Russian adventure, is to take the 7 days train ride from Moscow to Vladivostok in deep winter. Must be magical then but Im not sure if I can survive the boredom.

Other plans would be braving the winter in Siberia.
    thank you for the travel tips:
    1.) i will keep this in mind. magbasa basa na din aku ng walking route.
    2.) yes you are right (shortened daytime). pero baka mabitin din aku sa st. petersburg. sa ngayon stick aku sa plano ko mag vladimir/suzdal. okay lang kung gabihin gustu ko lang ma-try and maiba. Siguro hahanap na lang aku ng tour/travel agency group na okay for this.
    3.) yes. expected na since sa forecast negative temperature sya. either mag parka jacket aku or yun puffer
    4.) sana madali icommute ito and hindi malayo sa train station na babaan.
    5.) i will check this one out
    6.) yes. part na ng souvenir ko sa travels ko ang local simcard.

sana matupad mu din yan plans for a russian adventure from west to east.

babyland said:
    @devin_soo,

I just remembered:  Sa GUM mall sa tabi ng kremlin, mayrun shop nagbebenta ng FIFA souveneirs.  

FYI.
    thank you. para yatang high-end mall yun GUM. nakita ko sa youtube yun travel vlog. sana ma-locate ko yan souvenir shops duon.

FYI. I got my Russian Tourist Visa. Yehey!! hehe now I have to contact Novotel to cancel the booking with "Free Cancellation". Ibbook ko na yun "No Cancellation" para cheaper. Sana wala na epekto sa Tourist Voucher if I do this.

Okay nga mag-apply dito sa UAE ng Russian Tourist Visa. Even if pa-expire na yun UAE Resident Visa ko (2 months na lang). Nabigyan pa din aku hehehe
    edited November 2018
    With regards to GUM mall, I never enter any stores there, its all high end. But I did use the toilets there (paid) and also took my lunch there everytime ( 3rd floor, or fourth floor, far right, end corner, price are reasonable) .

ANyway, one big TIP. To navigate their metro stations, dont look anywhere, just look on the FLOOR  where you are standing, thats where English signs /directions are written :)
    edited November 2018
    During winter and peak hours , is not easy to navigate metro with your bulky winter clothes luggage, I instead took Uber to the airport, payable in cash, CC wont work even if Uber already verified it. IM not sure about how much to DME as I use VKO airport from Sokilniki for 1grand rubles.

FYI. I got my Russian Tourist Visa. Yehey!! hehe now I have to contact Novotel to cancel the booking with "Free Cancellation". Ibbook ko na yun "No Cancellation" para cheaper. Sana wala na epekto sa Tourist Voucher if I do this.

Okay nga mag-apply dito sa UAE ng Russian Tourist Visa. Even if pa-expire na yun UAE Resident Visa ko (2 months na lang). Nabigyan pa din aku hehehe

Tourist Voucher is just a  formality, Once you have visa, you can cancell and change any hotel and iterinary anytime you want..

Russian visa is easy, even a tourist can apply like while touring say SIngapore.  The embassy doesnt need a residence requirement to be able to apply for Russian visa. They need though your immigration disembarkation card as a proof that your stay is legal.It doesnt need cert of employment, nor bank book nor ticket nor hotel booking.At least its the case for the embassy in Singapore. Im not sure if its all the same in other locations.                                                                                   

edited November 2018
    Tourist Voucher is just a  formality, Once you have visa, you can cancell and change any hotel and iterinary anytime you want..

Russian visa is easy, even a tourist can apply like while touring say SIngapore.  The embassy doesnt need a residence requirement to be able to apply for Russian visa. They need though your immigration disembarkation card as a proof that your stay is legal.It doesnt need cert of employment, nor bank book nor ticket nor hotel booking.At least its the case for the embassy in Singapore. Im not sure if its all the same in other locations.                                                    
    edited December 2018
    biojessic said:
    sir/ma'am, nag DIY po ba kayo sa Day 2? pwde po matanung details ng Day 2 nyo? nag early purchase po ba kayo ng ticket entrance for these or basta punta lang kayo dun sa day na yun?
    During winter and peak hours , is not easy to navigate metro with your bulky winter clothes luggage, I instead took Uber to the airport, payable in cash, CC wont work even if Uber already verified it.
    I have arranged with a tour operator for airport transfer (Hotel to DME). Naisip ko kasi sa pauwi mas madami na aku bitbit kesa DME to Hotel. I-explore ko muna yun train system nila and sanay naman aku sa winter clothing with hila-hila na luggage. Sana lang e mas madali i-locate ang elevators sa train stations unlike yun sa Beijing na mejo parusa.
    @".
    devin_soo said:

I have arranged with a tour operator for airport transfer (Hotel to DME). Naisip ko kasi sa pauwi mas madami na aku bitbit kesa DME to Hotel. I-explore ko muna yun train system nila and sanay naman aku sa winter clothing with hila-hila na luggage. Sana lang e mas madali i-locate ang elevators sa train stations unlike yun sa Beijing na mejo parusa.

Ah, forget elevator at Moscow train or metro stations,I never saw even one :) I guess it doesnt exist, because I saw even old people are dragging their lugggages ..
  • biojessicbiojessic Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    devin_soo said:
    biojessic said:
    sir/ma'am, nag DIY po ba kayo sa Day 2? pwde po matanung details ng Day 2 nyo? nag early purchase po ba kayo ng ticket entrance for these or basta punta lang kayo dun sa day na yun?
    Lahat DIY lang. Although nag-online reservation kami ng Bunker-42 ticket. Mejo hindi ako nagenjoy sa Bunker-42 kasi ang taas ng expectation ko. Buti nalang gwapo yung guide lol
    devin_soo said:

Ah, forget elevator at Moscow train or metro stations,I never saw even one :) I guess it doesnt exist, because I saw even old people are dragging their lugggages ..
    tama po di ko nga napansin kung may elevator. buti na lang nag airport transfer aku to and from (hotel and airport)..

nasunod naman so far lahat nun itinerary ko. mahirap ang diy ng winter. so buti na lang nag-arranged tour aku via Angels Taxi Tours. Mabait and fluent in English yun tour guide ko (Alexander). Very knowledgeable din sya sa places na pinuntahan namin (history, urban legends, etc). sulit
    biojessic said:
    devin_soo said:
    biojessic said:
    Lahat DIY lang. Although nag-online reservation kami ng Bunker-42 ticket. Mejo hindi ako nagenjoy sa Bunker-42 kasi ang taas ng expectation ko. Buti nalang gwapo yung guide lol
    Di na aku nakapunta sa Bunker 42. So far eto napuntahan ko:

day 1 kolomenskoye park and tsar palace, ismailovo market, sanduny, mall beside novotel

day 2 moscow walking & metro tour (7 hours), arbat street

day 3 vladimir & suzdal

day 4 monino airfield & sergiev posad

day 5 novotel and airport duty free

salamat sa mga tips dito :)
    Hi Devin,  

So how did you find Russia in winter?  

Magkano ang binayad mo sa Angels Taxi Tours?  Per pax ba ang rate nila or per taxi?  

Hope you enjoyed your Russia stay.   
    babyland said:
    Hi Devin,  

So how did you find Russia in winter?  

Magkano ang binayad mo sa Angels Taxi Tours?  Per pax ba ang rate nila or per taxi?  

Hope you enjoyed your Russia stay.   
    Hello Babyland,

Sobrang lamig hahaha tipong hindi kaya ang single gloves. mapapa-doble ka.

Nagdecide aku i arranged tour lahat kasi:
    1. ang hirap mag navigate mag-isa, tanggal ka ng tanggal ng gloves para mag mobile phone e sobrang lamig.
    2. mabilis maubos baterya ng phone.
    3. hindi lahat matatanungan mu in English, pahirapan.
    4. need mabilis kumilos dahil malamig nga and sayang sa oras patigil tigil mabilis magdilim
    5. hindi ako super ready na kinabisado ko pasikot sikot ng moscow ahead of time.

pero kahit may ganyan constraints and napagastos ako (solo ko binayaran ang tours, walang ka share) sobrang nag enjoy aku and ang saya. wala nga lang aku na meet na iba kasi solo talaga aku sa tours.

sulit kasi i paid for comfort and convenience and nasunod mga gustu ko mapuntahan lahat lahat. madami ako natutunan kay Alex.

Reasonable magpresho si Angels Taxi Tour, i think naka 800 usd ako total. nadiscover ko sya sa isang indonesian or malaysian blogger.
    hahaha.   i did warn u malamig ang russian winter! lolz   did u still go to the parks? sobrang lamig siguro dun hahahaha  bilib nga ako sa iyo, nagtravel ka ng winter season :D 
    where and what did you eat?  what food did you like?  Did you eat at the top floor foodcourt in mall beside Novotel? 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file