Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Non-smokers, how do you find smokers, and vice versa?

curious lang :D

Comments

• blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    I don't judge the person, I'm indifferent to the habit but I try to help the person kick the habit :)
  • DAJavi wrote: »

For me non-smokers are stronger, cardiovascular-wise. I smoke btw.
    blakedaddy wrote: »
    I don't judge the person, I'm indifferent to the habit but I try to help the person kick the habit :)

You too smoke sir?
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    ^I used to but not anymore
  • Girls smoking a big turn off for me.. Guys smoking that is not related to be, im probably indifferent or just dont care.. But any person related or a friend of mine that smokes i try my best to get them to quit :)

Regarding cardiovascular activity i find the above statement untrue.. Ive seen heavy smokers outrace me in triathlons.. and i have never tried smoking..

Unless we talking about aCOPD from smoking which is a chronic consequence, well thats a different stry
  • Like tanjol, girls smoking is a big turn off for me since its usually an indicator also that they don't care too much about their body. But with my friends, I try not to judge since they can do whatever they want with their body, but they know how I feel about smoking and try not to do it so much when I'm with them.
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    It's a filthy habit.

Women smokers? Minus points agad. Men who smoke? Well, ok lang as long as they ask permission if it's ok to smoke i.e. your car or your place.
  • Meanie!! wrote: »
    It's a filthy habit.

Women smokers? Minus points agad. Men who smoke? Well, ok lang as long as they ask permission if it's ok to smoke i.e. your car or your place.

I understand why older people do it, because there wasn't much information on how unhealthy it was long term and everyone basically did it, but I don't understand why people still start it today. There are better ways to relieve stress like exercising and spending time with loved ones, and it's just an expensive and dirty habit.
  • I don't really care if a person smokes or not. Basta he/she doesn't blow it in my face or basta the smoke doesn't go in my direction I'm fine with people smoking. I can't stand smoking areas though. Sumasakit ulo ko sa usok at na luluha ako.

I don't smoke, and never will. I've tried smoking before and kebs lang, I dont understand why people are so addicted to it. I get that it's soothing and all but it wasn't enough to really hook me.
  • actually may times na pagkakaamoy ako ng lalaking amoy yosi, mejo naaarouse ako. Lalo na pag sa elev. Hindi yung umaalingasaw, yung malapitan lang. ewan ko kung baket :D
  • vincexvincex PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    DAJavi wrote: »

Negatively
  • DAJaviDAJavi PEx Rookie ⭐
    well tulad ng sabi nyo, Smoking Girls are big turnoff to me as well.

i respect din naman yung ibang tao kung addicted talaga sila sa smoking, just do it in proper areas. kasi ako kapag sumakay ako ng jeep at nagyoyosi yung driver, i politely ask him na ilabas yung yosi o ibuga sa labas yung usok. ika nga di ba, kung gusto mong magsunog ng baga wag kang mandamay.:lol:

i just don't figure kung bakit nakakaadik ang yosi. sinubukan kong humithit isang beses pero di ko kinaya. ano yun? para lang maging cool sa iba?
  • tidus1phtidus1ph PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nabibwisit ako. wala akong paki kung tambutso ng truck hithitin nila pero hindi ko alam kung pinaglalaruan ako ng kung sino man at laging sa akin papunta usok na binubuga nila. hindi ako smoker and never been nor tried. mabilis mairita lalamunan ko at non-stop ubo ko. minsan nai imagine ko batukan dahil walang paki na may inuubo sa paligid niya...
  • Not that I want to knock the smokers, pero parang I find them mentally weak. To do something that does nothing for you, not to mention it'll make you sick. Bute I do try to help my friends to stop smoking.
  • vincexvincex PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    allaninq wrote: »
    Not that I want to knock the smokers, pero parang I find them mentally weak. To do something that does nothing for you, not to mention it'll make you sick. Bute I do try to help my friends to stop smoking.

Have you tried convincing fat unfit people to get fit?
    Poor people to work, save and not borrow money?

That will be interesting.
  • allaninq wrote: »
    Not that I want to knock the smokers, pero parang I find them mentally weak. To do something that does nothing for you, not to mention it'll make you sick. Bute I do try to help my friends to stop smoking.

It does some things, it helps destress and lets you fit in with a group of friends/colleagues better. Also helps with appetite from anecdotal evidence. So you can't say it doesn't do anything, the costs just far outweigh the benefits in my opinion. Because who cares if you're successful and rich if you're dying of lung cancer or have bad lungs.
  • pheiaoenixpheiaoenix PEx Rookie ⭐
    Same here, girls who smoke is a big turn-off.

I can't stand people who smoke, especially, when they do it in public. They should keep their smoke all by themselves, no one wants it. There was a time I inhaled small amount of their smoke, and it almost killed me in an instant, it gave me a temporary asthma and headache.

Nonetheless, I'm not quick to judge when I see people who smoke, but never come closer to me and generously share your air-borne disease.
  • nice to see im not the only one turned off by girls who smoke.

i've got 2 brothers who smoke. one just quit, and one is still smoking. been trying to get them both to quit a long time. it feels like a hopeless cause.

anybody out there wants to quit, i've got some Nicorettes (nicotine gum) to help you quit. i've had friends who used this to quit. i think its a much more effective way of quitting than using vape.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/8947886/Nicorette+Gum+Fruit+Chill+stop+smoking+aid+2mg+100ct

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/8947806/Nicorette+Gum+Fresh+Mint+stop+smoking+aid+2mg+100ct

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/8947694/Nicorette+Gum+White+Ice+Mint+stop+smoking+aid+100ct+2mg

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/8947977/Nicorette+Gum+Cinammon+Surge+stop+smoking+aid+4mg+100ct
  • DAJaviDAJavi PEx Rookie ⭐
    pheiaoenix wrote: »
    Same here, girls who smoke is a big turn-off.

I can't stand people who smoke, especially, when they do it in public. They should keep their smoke all by themselves, no one wants it. There was a time I inhaled small amount of their smoke, and it almost killed me in an instant, it gave me a temporary asthma and headache.

Nonetheless, I'm not quick to judge when I see people who smoke, but never come closer to me and generously share your air-borne disease.

i'm guessing na-artehan sa yo yung kungsinumang nakakita sa yo nun :lol:
  • pheiaoenixpheiaoenix PEx Rookie ⭐
    DAJavi wrote: »
    i'm guessing na-artehan sa yo yung kungsinumang nakakita sa yo nun :lol:

Siguro naartehan sya sa reaction ko, but there were no exaggeration from my statement, I actually felt ill right after he blew his smoke at me... Maybe I have poor respiratory system, nonetheless, I'd rather be seen maarte, than to be bedridden because I am a second-hand smoker.
  • Walang pinanganak na marunong magyosi. So for someone to say that they can't quit, ay isang malaking kalokohan. You started your habit, of course you can finish it!

Everyone I know who smokes are either because of the environment they grew up in or because of peer pressure.

I don't hate smokers, I just like how they do it. I have friends who smoke and have no problems with them. Just don't blow your smoke in my face.
    I also don't like people who smoke in their cars while driving with their arms sticking out of the window with their cigarette...Sarap tagpasin ng kamay!