COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Omnivore Dilemma: Where do you draw the line in animal cruelty?

crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Do you feel squeamish at the sight of slaughterhouses? Have you killed a live animal before for food? Do you enjoy eating exotic meats where animals are being eaten alive?

Comments

• i enjoy watching zombie films with plenty of gory flesh fest and carnivore action. but i dont eat meat.

so i'm definitely cool with slaughterhouses.
  • Some people would only eat meat from animals that they hunted/slaughtered themselves.

Also, omnivore 4lyf!

tumblr_me9wxplN251qhx56go1_500.jpg
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i enjoy watching zombie films with plenty of gory flesh fest and carnivore action. but i dont eat meat.

so i'm definitely cool with slaughterhouses.

I don't eat meat either. But I don't mind seeing other people eat meat.

When I was 13, I saw our pet dog slaughtered by dog eaters because my parents decided we could not take care of it anymore. It remains the most traumatic and guilt-ridden event of my life.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    plants have feeling too. you just don't hear them squeal when your cooking veggies.

sorry, im a fan of vampire movies and tv shows.
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    crocopie wrote: »
    Do you feel squeamish at the sight of slaughterhouses? Have you killed a live animal before for food? Do you enjoy eating exotic meats where animals are being eaten alive?

Yes, no, no.
  • pcruztemppcruztemp Member PExer
    I follow the traditional asian way of eating (but with westernized ingredients). I call it microcarnivorism. Its using meat as a flavoring

example
    western diet - big steak with a little fries
    asian diet - small burger patty or maybe a chicken nugget + unli rice. rice is a plant
  • crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I have watched slaughterhouse videos and I just could not get myself emotional over it...strangely stoic in my part. Yes, I've killed crabs before. In the traditional way, we impale their eyes with chopsticks rich through their behinds. The sticks serve as to keep them stable as we split the body in two using a cleaver. Then we cook the meat and juice with sotanghon. They move even when they're already dead. Parang robots.

Exotic meats...depende. Some people are saying that people should eat more insects as an answer to food hunger.
  • rightright Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ that's because you're gray
  • nikkilovenikkilove Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    some animals are raised for slaughter and food, pushing for a cause to stop this is like trying to stop the rain from pouring,

the best is to reduce the suffering of an animal by giving the livestock animals a quick end.

as to domesticated animals, my sisters and I have been very supportive of PAWS and its causes to stop cruelty over domestic pet animals like dogs and cats.

these are animals which are aware of pain and suffering, so please help out by donating money to animal welfare institutions to have these animals neutered.

or be a good pet owner and take care of your animals the least.

a man's greatness is measured on how he/she treats the helpless.

be a hero to your community, rescue a maltreated animal in your area.
    In a natural history perspective, humans are a pest on the Earth, devouring anything and everything on sight. We have become a top predator for about 5,000 years now or slightly more, which is not much in terms of Earth's history -- the dinosaurs, in comparison, were the dominant predators for 165 MILLION years. But I could not imagine our reign to last much longer. Already, we are poisoning the very food that we are eating. Pork, beef and chicken in the US are laden with hormones and antibiotics. Cattle feed with cow brain(!) is producing exotic diseases like mad cow disease. Chickens grow in its own manure (a salmonella bath) such that in the US it is not considered safe to touch raw chicken; it is illegal for restaurants not to practice the protocol against self-contamination (of cooked chicken by raw chicken in the same kitchen). In US food safety rules, raw chicken is considered toxic substance and is treated as such in the kitchen until cooked.

Fish is no better. Salmon is considered healthful until you consider that it has high level of mercury, lead and other heavy metals. Farmed salmon are fed any type of proteins that are not its natural food. Fishery resources are depleted anyway, so soon the Philippines will just be eating tilapia and other fast-growing bottom feeders.

Vegetables and fruits are no healthier either. They are sprayed with chemicals, pesticides, and waxes. The shiny apple is waxed. Strawberries need to be washed thoroughly of chemicals. Grown in monocultures, all fruits and vegetables survive because of heavy use of fertilizers and chemicals.
  • joma_sjoma_s HellBoundHeretic® PExer
    Ateo wrote: »
    In a natural history perspective, humans are a pest on the Earth, devouring anything and everything on sight. We have become a top predator for about 5,000 years now or slightly more, which is not much in terms of Earth's history -- the dinosaurs, in comparison, were the dominant predators for 165 MILLION years. But I could not imagine our reign to last much longer. Already, we are poisoning the very food that we are eating. Pork, beef and chicken in the US are laden with hormones and antibiotics. Cattle feed with cow brain(!) is producing exotic diseases like mad cow disease. Chickens grow in its own manure (a salmonella bath) such that in the US it is not considered safe to touch raw chicken; it is illegal for restaurants not to practice the protocol against self-contamination (of cooked chicken by raw chicken in the same kitchen). In US food safety rules, raw chicken is considered toxic substance and is treated as such in the kitchen until cooked.

Fish is no better. Salmon is considered healthful until you consider that it has high level of mercury, lead and other heavy metals. Farmed salmon are fed any type of proteins that are not its natural food. Fishery resources are depleted anyway, so soon the Philippines will just be eating tilapia and other fast-growing bottom feeders.

Vegetables and fruits are no healthier either. They are sprayed with chemicals, pesticides, and waxes. The shiny apple is waxed. Strawberries need to be washed thoroughly of chemicals. Grown in monocultures, all fruits and vegetables survive because of heavy use of fertilizers and chemicals.
    And the fire that we use to cooked the polluted meat and vegetables came from same source where we get our asphalt and oil for machineries
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    have seen children with high protein and calcium deficiency health problems especially in the provinces?

it only show that human are meant to eat meat.
  • wimpy_kidwimpy_kid Member PExer
    nikkilove wrote: »
    some animals are raised for slaughter and food, pushing for a cause to stop this is like trying to stop the rain from pouring,

the best is to reduce the suffering of an animal by giving the livestock animals a quick end.

as to domesticated animals, my sisters and I have been very supportive of PAWS and its causes to stop cruelty over domestic pet animals like dogs and cats.

these are animals which are aware of pain and suffering, so please help out by donating money to animal welfare institutions to have these animals neutered.

or be a good pet owner and take care of your animals the least.

a man's greatness is measured on how he/she treats the helpless.

be a hero to your community, rescue a maltreated animal in your area.

Actually, poultry animals are also capable of feeling pain. Even fishes have been shown in experiments to feel pain. But unfortunately, we cannot stop the poultry business. I'm a meat eater myself, and I think the best way would be to make the killing as quick as possible. More humane, if that's the correct term.

And to answer the TS's question, yes I've killed farm animals before for food. Chickens and goats. :)

P.S. I also love eating veggies. Ampalaya FTW!
  • marcus_huntmarcus_hunt Member PExer
    Mag iiba kaya ang views in the future since nagiging pet na din ang pigs, tapos dahil sa taggutom baka mas maging common na ang pagkain ng dogs?

Sa akin pare pareho lang yan. Basta wala lang unnecessary suffering. Quick kill dapat lagi. In the end, pagpatay din yan at pagkain.

Kung may darating na alien dito sa atin tapos tayo ang gagawing food source ala livestock, paparamihin para kainin. Tayo na ang malalagay sa shoes ng mga hayop na kinakain natin.
  • buzzedaldrinebuzzedaldrine Member PExer
    have you guys watched "Earthlings"? it is a documentary about animals abuse.. madaming graphic scenes dun..

yun daw yung documentary na nagpa-vegan sa madaming mga tao..

was not converted, because bacon.
    have you guys watched "Earthlings"? it is a documentary about animals abuse.. madaming graphic scenes dun..

yun daw yung documentary na nagpa-vegan sa madaming mga tao..

was not converted, because bacon.

It was another documentary about a commercial chicken farm that made me a vegetarian. Do you know that it is cheaper to buy chicken here in the New York than in Manila? It was my taste for cheap chicken that caused so much suffering of God's creatures. And the chicken is fighting back. It lives in so much dirt that that only way it can live is to be fed daily with antibiotics. Growth hormones were also fed to make its legs huge. It is marinated throughout its life in antibiotics even before I can marinate it with soy sauce and vinegar. I decided that I will eat chicken again only if I can grow it myself organically.
  • maximus2349maximus2349 Member PExer
    And what again is stopping us from eating our own kind aside from the law?
    And what again is stopping us from eating our own kind aside from the law?

not too sure about this, but I've heard na nature has it's own way of preventing such things... or at least sa ibang mga species..

tulad ng mga baka, there are farmers daw na ginigiling yung ibang namatay ng baka nila at pinapakain sa kapwa nila baka, mainly because they are trying to save some money.. dun daw nagmula yung mad cow disease.

the same is true daw for humans..

again, this might be just an urban legend hehe..
    Ateo wrote: »
    It was another documentary about a commercial chicken farm that made me a vegetarian. Do you know that it is cheaper to buy chicken here in the New York than in Manila? It was my taste for cheap chicken that caused so much suffering of God's creatures. And the chicken is fighting back. It lives in so much dirt that that only way it can live is to be fed daily with antibiotics. Growth hormones were also fed to make its legs huge. It is marinated throughout its life in antibiotics even before I can marinate it with soy sauce and vinegar. I decided that I will eat chicken again only if I can grow it myself organically.

anong title po ng documentary?
  • TotnakTotnak Theistic Apologist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Do you feel squeamish at the sight of slaughterhouses? NOPE

Have you killed a live animal before for food? YES

Do you enjoy eating exotic meats where animals are being eaten alive? NO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file