COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Did Jesus lose faith?

tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
Mark 15:34
“My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

Did Jesus lose faith, or in the midst of excruciating pain and suffering in the throes of death, he thought it cute to recite a poem from Psalms (Psalm 22:1)?

Comments

• TotnakTotnak Theistic Apologist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    tonton wrote: »

Did Jesus lose faith, or in the midst of excruciating pain and suffering in the throes of death, he thought it cute to recite a poem from Psalms (Psalm 22:1)?

again, I'll wait for the non-caths to post their answers to you....boring na kung ang sasagot lagi eh mga katolikong tulad ko.....:lol:

sana lang direkta at maayos ang maging mga sagot nila.....:naughty:
  • SmartDessaSmartDessa Things divide;Christ unites PExer
    many times I always ask the Lord, Lord why did you leave me with these poser atheists in RoT to argue.

but look! I am still here and still conversing with these people anyway.
    Totnak wrote: »
    again, I'll wait for the non-caths to post their answers to you....boring na kung ang sasagot lagi eh mga katolikong tulad ko.....:lol:

sana lang direkta at maayos ang maging mga sagot nila.....:naughty:

what you're doing now bores me to death.
    SmartDessa wrote: »
    what you're doing now bores me to death.

want to have some fun with me? :naughty:
    want to have some fun with me? :naughty:

all these "I'll Pm you my answer to show that nobody can answer you except me" makes me puke.
  • almario38almario38 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    many times I always ask the Lord, Lord why did you leave me with these poser atheists in RoT to argue.

but look! I am still here and still conversing with these people anyway.
    Conversing ?

You engage philosophically/logically and yet you asked.
  • PyrosPyros Faith Under Fire PExer
    tonton wrote: »

Tonton, naka ilang dekada ka na ba dito? May matinong sagot ka na bang nakuha ka sa kanila tungkol sa atungal na yan ni Jesus?
    all these "I'll Pm you my answer to show that nobody can answer you except me" makes me ****.
    The self-professed smarty declaration again.
    almario38 wrote: »
    Conversing ?

You engage philosophically/logically and yet you asked.
    almario38 wrote: »
    The self-professed smarty declaration again.

ano daw? :lol:
    all these "I'll Pm you my answer to show that nobody can answer you except me" makes me ****.

nah....I'm sending it via PM to avoid non-caths like you from copying my answer......:lol:
    ano daw? :lol:
    ..shift of what not again..
    nah....I'm sending it via PM to avoid non-caths like you from copying my answer......:lol:

nah, you're just afraid that non-caths like me can easily refute whatever fart of an answer you might give. what a lousy coward.

now to address the the thread question:

NO, he did not lose faith.

why?

1.) we must understand that at that very hour, was the fulcrum of God's wrath on mankind, Jesus at that very hour was the substitute sinner for all the sin in the world. Being the substitute for us, asking the Father "Why have you forsaken me" also means "Why have you forsaken man", he feels for man being human Himself.

2.) at the very last hour, the Lord committed His spirit to the Father.
  • SmartDessa wrote: »
    nah, you're just afraid that non-caths like me can easily refute whatever fart of an answer you might give. what a lousy coward.

why?

1.) we must understand that at that very hour, was the fulcrum of God's wrath on mankind, Jesus at that very hour was the substitute sinner for all the sin in the world. Being the substitute for us, asking the Father "Why have you forsaken me" also means "Why have you forsaken man", he feels for man being human Himself.

what episode of Flying House or SuperBook can i watch this?

why?

nah! how could you refute something that is not even addressed to you? :naughty:
    what episode of Flying House or SuperBook can i watch this?

you cant find that in Flying House or SuperBook
  • SmartDessa wrote: »
    you cant find that in Flying House or SuperBook

holy crap no wonder i'm so messed up! :lol:
    holy crap no wonder i'm so messed up! :lol:

you watch too much cartoons. that's why you're messed up
  • marcus_huntmarcus_hunt Member PExer
    we must understand that at that very hour, was the fulcrum of God's wrath on mankind, Jesus at that very hour was the substitute sinner for all the sin in the world. Being the substitute for us, asking the Father "Why have you forsaken me" also means "Why have you forsaken man", he feels for man being human Himself.

Define forsake muna. Baka meron na naman yang default meaning na di namin alam eh.

To kasing si Totnak di na lang sagutin... :lol:
    Define forsake muna. Baka meron na naman yang default meaning na di namin alam eh.

To kasing si Totnak di na lang sagutin... :lol:

hayaan mo na silang mauna.....mali raw caths di ba? tingnan natin ang sagot nila :glee:
  • anyway, to make the discussion more grounded in fact, can we at least agree on the kind of platform christ was nailed into when he uttered those dying declarations?

was it:
    A. a cross
    B. a stake
    C. a tree
    D. none of the above
    E. all of the above

i think this fact must be established first so we can at least have an approximation of the level of discomfort christ was allowed to suffer during that moment. i know catholics would insist it's a cross. but do fundies agree with this tradition?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file