COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Do you think anyone will die an atheist if an atheist is given enough time?

razzer_risingrazzer_rising Please do not use prohibited words in your user title to avoid sanctions. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I like to believe each and everyone of us is given a short but enough time to think about our life and beliefs minutes before we die. And during that time I think every atheist will realize how wrong they are in believing that there is no God. At the last moment of their life, they will probably call for God. And That is actually a good thing.

Comments

• Frank_MackyFrank_Macky Heretic / Infidel PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sure. But it's not necessarily going to be your god.

Anyway according to Teal, everything returns to Source (energy), whatever happens. Kind of reminiscent of Eastern religious teachings. This Teal Scott, I think, is a very good spiritual teacher.

Viewing one of her other videos, I get the impression that Jesus Christ had radiated pretty much a similar type of spiritual charisma as Teal during his time. The only problem with Jesus could be:

1) Became a bit megalomaniacal, surrounded himself with sycophants
    2) His followers went gaga and then took his teachings in all sorts of crazy, kooky directions. (example: he became the one and only "God", every one goes to hell who doesn't "believe in him", the whole personal Jesus fast-food spirituality crapola, etc...)

2) in fact happens all the time (some of the Youtube comments on Teal's videos should already bear evidence of this). The more (aggressively) charismatic a spiritual teacher is, the worse the effects of 2) are likely going to be. The energy of the original teacher is so powerful that it infuses in the followers a (false) sense of certitude and self-righteousness and they feel they have to go out into the world and "convert" people to whatever teachings they feel they have "received".

Unfortunately most followers are nowhere near as spiritually mature or knowledgeable as the original teacher and that energy goes awry. Xtianity and Islam could be the ugliest examples of such a dynamic gone amok. I am more familiar with Xtianity, and it is every bit possible that Islam may have actually had a more responsible evolution. Buddhism, I suspect even with whatever flaws it has, has had the most well-managed and non-disruptive passing-on of what the original teacher has gleaned.

Most of the sane (e.g. non-cultic) religious traditions acknowledge that we are still slowly improving and evolving on the spiritual teachings that have been taught to us. Human beings today are arguably more ready than in the past to understand and receive more sophisticated teachings. I think this is what the whole "New Age" movement is about, although it does come with its fair share of flotsam.

Scott Peck (a self-described Christian author) has said in one of his books that a teacher who is "one stage ahead of you" is revered as a savior, but a teacher that is "two stages ahead of you" is viewed as a demon. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Scott_Peck#The_Four_Stages_of_Spiritual_Development
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising Please do not use prohibited words in your user title to avoid sanctions. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Will you call on "god" at the last minute of your life?
  • Rev1913Rev1913 Member PExer
    I like to believe each and everyone of us is given a short but enough time to think about our life and beliefs minutes before we die. And during that time I think every atheist will realize how wrong they are in believing that there is no God. At the last moment of their life, they will probably call for God. And That is actually a good thing.

Walang makapagsasabi, Atheist man, may puso ring natuturingan,
    May konsiderasyon at marunong magmahal,
    Tayo ay tao lamang hindi nalalaman,
    Ang bukas na darating sa ating buhay.

Kahit sa Bible man ay may di mananampalataya,
    Ngunit sa kaharian ng Diyos sila ay napunta,
    Pagkat mabubuting gawa ay nakita sa kaniya,
    Kaya Atheist man may pusong dakila at aba.
  • Frank_MackyFrank_Macky Heretic / Infidel PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Will you call on "god" at the last minute of your life?
    Not a big deal either way. But you are living in your own tiny little world of expectations. Every day in the world people die without "calling on 'God'"
  • pcruztemppcruztemp Member PExer

you said "i like to believe" therefore this is just wishful thinking?, or do you have evidence that it happens regularly?
  • SmartDessaSmartDessa Things divide;Christ unites PExer
    ^^what is that taste.....sour grapes???
  • adidasnikeadidasnike Alliance PExer
    Want to get spooked? Read the last message of tweeters who passed away. Poof! Just like that. Gone.
  • I like to believe each and everyone of us is given a short but enough time to think about our life and beliefs minutes before we die. And during that time I think every atheist will realize how wrong they are in believing that there is no God. At the last moment of their life, they will probably call for God. And That is actually a good thing.

what is there to consider when you have lived an honest and just life? a lot of atheists are real seekers of truth. otherwise, they would not have seen through the lies of religions and their holy men. i would like to imagine, however, that long before nature or accident shuffle off our mortal coil, long before we become decrepit and useless, all of us will have already realized that our ultimate goal is the advancement of our specie. we should be building schools instead of churches. we should be paying taxes instead of giving tights or love offerings. above all, we should be immersing ourselves with science and the law instead of ancient unverifiable teachings that are proven to be illogical and inconsistent.
  • rickymrickym Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

if he backslides and becomes a coward before dying of course he will believe in god.
    Sure. But it's not necessarily going to be your god.

Anyway according to Teal, everything returns to Source (energy), whatever happens. Kind of reminiscent of Eastern religious teachings. This Teal Scott, I think, is a very good spiritual teacher.

actually, i am very open to that idea, but i still consider myself as an atheist. the source, assuming it exists, may actually be a natural phenomenon or in best case scenario is a conscious being, but it definitely is not perfect. if it were so, then we would not have suffering on earth.

what i wonder is how long theists will realize that that being of light is not omnipotent and doesnt care what religion you are, doesn't care what sexual orientation you are and doesn't even care if you believe him.

according to the book 'conversations with god', god there even goes so far to say that religion is not good for you and that the bible is not a credible source.

on worst case scenario when will the theists even realize that their god, is actually an impostor. yes some belief systems say that yahweh is not god, but a malefic being.
    check near death experiences, where is god there, sure there is a bright light. but where do you see a god that gets mad since you are an atheist. or a god that gets mad since you were a homosexual.

even these experiences show that the rules on the other side are very different from the rules of yahweh.

now if you guys want to talk about experiences, let me tell you this, a psychic friend of mine told me that when this certain religious guy, pastor, priest,monk or whatever died, she monitored him and noticed that he was very pissed because he was not accepted into a place like heaven, he wasn't anywhere near any place like that. he felt he had wasted his life.
  • jameelbreeojameelbreeo Member PExer
    Malungkot at nakakatakot ang buhay ng mga Atheists. Masasabi ko yan dahil galing ako dyan. 23 years akong bulag sa katotohanan o mas akma ang linyang nagbulag bulagan sa katototohan. Malungkot, dahil nabubuhay ka lamang para sa sarili mo. Wala kang genuine concern sa ibang tao. Hindi mo tunay na nauunawaan ang salitang "pagibig" o kung medyo parang sa pakiramdam mo ay oo, nauunawaan mo sapagkat may pamilya ka o naranasang umibig, lagi naman pumapasok si pride para ipaalala sayo na ikaw ay "Atheist." Hindi mo kailangang gumawa ng mabuti lagi dahil hindi ka nga naniniwala sa Diyos o sa Langit at Impyerno. Basta nabubuhay ka lang. Tapos ang usapan. Nakakatakot naman, dahil hindi mo alam kung ano nga ba ang mangyayari kapag namatay ka na. Okey, Atheist ka nga kaya wala kang pakialam duon! Fine. Pero, aminin natin na minsan nagtatanong din tayo ng mga tulad ng, "paano nga kaya kung may Langit at Impyerno?, paano nga kaya kung may walang hanggang buhay at walang hanggang pagdurusa sa kabilang buhay?, paano kaya kung tama sila?, paano?, etc." Diba dumating sa point ng buhay nyo na naghanap din kayo ng kasagutan sa mga katanungan na yan pero nabigo kayo? Mas nanaig ang side na "walang Diyos". Paulit ulit, mas mabigat talaga ang nagsasabing "walang Diyos... walang Diyos... wala! Kaya nga ako Atheist, eh. Yan ako dati. Ganyan ako dati. Paikot ikot lang ako. Gusto ko lagi ng dabate sa mga believers, just to prove them na ako ang tama. At the end of the day, hindi parin ako kontento, hindi parin ako masaya habang sila na tinatawag kong mga hibang at ipokrito ay masasaya. Siguro talagang ganon. Iba iba ng trip lang yan. Yan, yan ang buhay ko nuon ngunit sa hindi inaasahang pangyayari, nakilala ko ang kamatayan. Nakakatakot ang kamatayan. Isa akong Atheist pero natakot ako sa kanya. Natakot ako sa kamatayan. Ang tapang at dunong ko, ang pride ko, and mga bala ko tuwing napapasabak ako sa mga debate patungkol sa Diyos, hindi ko nagamit nang magpakilala sa akin ang kamatayan. Napakalakas nya, wala akong magawa upang agawin ang buhay ko sa kanya. Nakita ko kung paano nya hinablot ang buhay ko. I was so helpless, crying for help. I knew I had to make a choice right then. I've decided to call what they call God, their God. Bakit hindi ko subukan? Bakit hindi ko ulit subukan. So, I tried. I was helpless. I tried. I cried. I repented. I called Him, again. God, help me! And for the first time in my life, I felt His presense. Instantly, I was back. It was over. I was back! Since then, my vision of life has changed forever. :)

God gave me another chance to live. This time, not an Atheist but a believer. A proud Christian. Almost 1 year na akong believer and everyday, it's like a new life for me. Laging may bago. Masaya. May problema o wala, masaya parin. Habang dumadaan ang mga araw, mas nakikilala ko Sya at hindi nakakasawa. Sapat ang biyaya Nya upang magpatuloy ako sa buhay at manabik sa paghihintay sa pangako Nyang buhay na walang hanggan.

"In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't."
  • salermosalermo Lion PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Malungkot at nakakatakot ang buhay ng mga Atheists. Masasabi ko yan dahil galing ako dyan. 23 years akong bulag sa katotohanan o mas akma ang linyang nagbulag bulagan sa katototohan. Malungkot, dahil nabubuhay ka lamang para sa sarili mo. Wala kang genuine concern sa ibang tao. Hindi mo tunay na nauunawaan ang salitang "pagibig" o kung medyo parang sa pakiramdam mo ay oo, nauunawaan mo sapagkat may pamilya ka o naranasang umibig, lagi naman pumapasok si pride para ipaalala sayo na ikaw ay "Atheist." Hindi mo kailangang gumawa ng mabuti lagi dahil hindi ka nga naniniwala sa Diyos o sa Langit at Impyerno. Basta nabubuhay ka lang. Tapos ang usapan. Nakakatakot naman, dahil hindi mo alam kung ano nga ba ang mangyayari kapag namatay ka na. Okey, Atheist ka nga kaya wala kang pakialam duon! Fine. Pero, aminin natin na minsan nagtatanong din tayo ng mga tulad ng, "paano nga kaya kung may Langit at Impyerno?, paano nga kaya kung may walang hanggang buhay at walang hanggang pagdurusa sa kabilang buhay?, paano kaya kung tama sila?, paano?, etc." Diba dumating sa point ng buhay nyo na naghanap din kayo ng kasagutan sa mga katanungan na yan pero nabigo kayo? Mas nanaig ang side na "walang Diyos". Paulit ulit, mas mabigat talaga ang nagsasabing "walang Diyos... walang Diyos... wala! Kaya nga ako Atheist, eh. Yan ako dati. Ganyan ako dati. Paikot ikot lang ako. Gusto ko lagi ng dabate sa mga believers, just to prove them na ako ang tama. At the end of the day, hindi parin ako kontento, hindi parin ako masaya habang sila na tinatawag kong mga hibang at ipokrito ay masasaya. Siguro talagang ganon. Iba iba ng trip lang yan. Yan, yan ang buhay ko nuon ngunit sa hindi inaasahang pangyayari, nakilala ko ang kamatayan. Nakakatakot ang kamatayan. Isa akong Atheist pero natakot ako sa kanya. Natakot ako sa kamatayan. Ang tapang at dunong ko, ang pride ko, and mga bala ko tuwing napapasabak ako sa mga debate patungkol sa Diyos, hindi ko nagamit nang magpakilala sa akin ang kamatayan. Napakalakas nya, wala akong magawa upang agawin ang buhay ko sa kanya. Nakita ko kung paano nya hinablot ang buhay ko. I was so helpless, crying for help. I knew I had to make a choice right then. I've decided to call what they call God, their God. Bakit hindi ko subukan? Bakit hindi ko ulit subukan. So, I tried. I was helpless. I tried. I cried. I repented. I called Him, again. God, help me! And for the first time in my life, I felt His presense. Instantly, I was back. It was over. I was back! Since then, my vision of life has changed forever. :)

God gave me another chance to live. This time, not an Atheist but a believer. A proud Christian. Almost 1 year na akong believer and everyday, it's like a new life for me. Laging may bago. Masaya. May problema o wala, masaya parin. Habang dumadaan ang mga araw, mas nakikilala ko Sya at hindi nakakasawa. Sapat ang biyaya Nya upang magpatuloy ako sa buhay at manabik sa paghihintay sa pangako Nyang buhay na walang hanggan.

"In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't."

Ikaw ba'y atheist sa simula pa o mayroon kang relihiyong kinagisnan?

Noong naging atheist ka, ang sariling mundo mo ba'y parang black and white lamang? Ang ibig kong sabihin na kung iyong mga bagay na nakikita mo ay iyon lamang ang dapat mong paniwalaan at asahan at iyong mga bagay na spiritual na hindi mo nakikita ay walang silbi na maaring kahulugan ng inyong buhay at paniniwala? Salamat.
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Gaya kay Salermo, ako man ay curious din sa buhay mo dating walang Diyos. Sa pakiramdam mo ba ay parang walang kulay ang kapaligiran? Gusto mo bang halayin ang inyong kapamilya o ang alagang aso ng iyong kapitbahay, kasi wala namang bawal ang ateismo. Binalak mo bang i-massacre ang inyong neighborhood?

Ano ang pakiramdam mo sa relasyon mo sa inyong pamilya, ang inyong pag-aaral, ang inyong trabaho, at ang inyong mga interes - kasi ang mga ito kasi ang source ng secular "meaning of life"? Para bang malungkot ang iyong buhay noon?

Bakit ka nga pala naging atheist? Lumaki kang Kristyano at masaya ang iyong pakigsalamuha kay Kristo, pero bakit mo naiisipang maging atheist? Noong muntik kang namatay at naisipan mong bumalik sa Kanya, doon pa rin ba sa kinagisnan mong sekta o sa bago ng sekta o non-denominational relationship thingy na?

Medyo malabo ang inyong kwento. Sana malinawan pa. Salamat.
  • People should live the life they choose without regrets... for in death the mind perishes and the thoughts stops... the covenant with death is sure and cannot be revoked --- men dies and that is the end of it; he shall not return to the land of the living... and I for one believe this to be true (until I heard the Gospel)...

According to the book of Isaiah -- "...We have made a covenant with death, and with hell [sheol; the grave] are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

however...

...your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with the grave [hell] shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it."

this too lies within the Gospel message...
  • Malungkot at nakakatakot ang buhay ng mga Atheists. Masasabi ko yan dahil galing ako dyan. 23 years akong bulag sa katotohanan o mas akma ang linyang nagbulag bulagan sa katototohan. Malungkot, dahil nabubuhay ka lamang para sa sarili mo. Wala kang genuine concern sa ibang tao.

Genuine concern? E di ba kaya kayo gumagawa ng mabuti is to please your god so you can go to heaven? How is that genuine at all? On the other hand, the non-believers who are doing good things are actually more genuine because they do that without those kinds of motives.
  • redeemedredeemed Member PExer
    Genuine concern? E di ba kaya kayo gumagawa ng mabuti is to please your god so you can go to heaven? How is that genuine at all? On the other hand, the non-believers who are doing good things are actually more genuine because they do that without those kinds of motives.

That's why doing good work is not the way to heaven.
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    redeemed wrote: »

This is when Evil entered the world. When Religion declared that what is more important is not "doing good work" but blind faith to Christ or to whoever is the leader of religion (I am referring to other religions too).
  • redeemed wrote: »

Wow, so if you were to choose between a good hard working person vs a lazy person that loves to kiss your *****$, you would choose the latter? Dang.
  • pcruztemppcruztemp Member PExer
    Two persons caught me and took me with them. I felt tired after walking some distance; they started to drag me. My feet became useless. There was a man sitting up. He looked dreadful and was all black. He was not wearing any clothes. He said in a rage to the attendants [who brought Vasudev there]:

"I had asked you to bring Vasudev the gardener. Our garden is drying up. You have brought Vasudev the student."

When I regained consciousness, Vasudev the gardener was standing in front of me [apparently in the crowd of family and servants who had gathered around the bed of the ostensibly dead Vasudev]. He was hale and hearty. People started teasing him saying, "Now it is your turn." He seemed to sleep well in the night, but the next morning he was dead."

InIn reply to questions about details, Vasudev said that the "black man" had a club and used foul language. Vasudev identified him as Yamraj, the Hindu god of the dead. He said that he was "brought back" by the same two men who had taken him to Yamraj in the first place. Vasudev's mother, who died before the time of the interview, was a pious woman who read scriptures which included descriptions of Yamraj. Vasudev, even as a boy before his near-death experience, was quite familiar with Yamraj.

http://www.near-death.com/hindu.html

if NDE's are considered proof then we should all convert to hinduism based on the above

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file