Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Good Quality Foam Roller

Ask lang po ako sa mga nakakaalam kung anong brand ng foam roller ang maganda bilhin at saan po mabibili ito. My max budget is 2k. Gusto ko po sana yung The Grid Foam Roller, kaso wala ako mahanap at no idea pa ako kung magkano siya. Sa kasamaang palad wala sa SM North yung The Grid noong akoy naghanap sa mga sports shops.

Comments

• diazflack wrote: »
    Ask lang po ako sa mga nakakaalam kung anong brand ng foam roller ang maganda bilhin at saan po mabibili ito. My max budget is 2k. Gusto ko po sana yung The Grid Foam Roller, kaso wala ako mahanap at no idea pa ako kung magkano siya. Sa kasamaang palad wala sa SM North yung The Grid noong akoy naghanap sa mga sports shops.

LifeFitness/Wellness Concepts/SportFit at Powerplant and basement of Greenbelt 5 has TheGrid. No idea how much it costs.
  • diazflackdiazflack PEx Rookie ⭐
    brianpex wrote: »
    LifeFitness/Wellness Concepts/SportFit at Powerplant and basement of Greenbelt 5 has TheGrid. No idea how much it costs.

Thanks sir, Ill check those out these weekend. Hmm, di po ba gym yung LifeFitness?
  • Yup actually pwede magworkout doon and they offer some fitness classes and certifications.
    Thanks sir, Ill check those out these weekend. Hmm, di po ba gym yung LifeFitness?

It's very pricey though, and if you've never used a foam roller before it might be too painful to be effective. I'd suggest to start with the generic Toby's one.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    Or just get a tennis ball and softball
    benjobb wrote: »
    It's very pricey though, and if you've never used a foam roller before it might be too painful to be effective. I'd suggest to start with the generic Toby's one.

May idea po kayo sa price niya? Kahit estimate range lang. Parang mahinang klase yung sa Toby's na 1k, daily ko po kasi ito gagamitin.
    blakedaddy wrote: »
    Or just get a tennis ball and softball

Gumagamit na po ako tennis ball kaso effective lang siya pag sa glute at back, kapag sa legs na po ang hirap gamitin, lalo na sa side ng legs (nadudulas at ang liit para mabilisan masakop ang buong hita).
    Gumagamit na po ako tennis ball kaso effective lang siya pag sa glute at back, kapag sa legs na po ang hirap gamitin, lalo na sa side ng legs (nadudulas at ang liit para mabilisan masakop ang buong hita).

Mobilitywod uses two balls taped together.
    diazflack wrote: »

pvc pipe or kawayan?
  • since foam rollers na yung usapan ipost ko lang tong nabasa ko.

parang intro to them.

http://goo.gl/mag/UzV6TfJ

pero from reading.. pwedeng bang parang iassociate foam rolling = self hilot?

ang ano magandang resources to learn from I want to this on an off day hehehe
  • hey, i have those one from tobys and its pretty darn good quality, i promise :) get yourself!
    @blakedaddy Tennis ball din ginamit ko sa legs(quads, ITB, Hamstrings).

Already bought one, mas mahal siya sa 2k, pero worth it naman, napakatibay ng dating at compact.
  • krad_angelkrad_angel PEx Rookie ⭐
    diazflack wrote: »
    @blakedaddy Tennis ball din ginamit ko sa legs(quads, ITB, Hamstrings).

Already bought one, mas mahal siya sa 2k, pero worth it naman, napakatibay ng dating at compact.

where did you buy? how much? i am looking this kind of stuff, need for my glutes. meron kaya sa may bandang makati?
  • The shop I mentioned earlier still has them, as well as Chris sports.
    You guys should stalk the HMR website since from time to time, they have foam rollers for less than a grand
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    You guys should stalk the HMR website since from time to time, they have foam rollers for less than a grand

Great site blake, thanks. Have you bought from them before? How's the quality/durability?
    benjobb wrote: »
    Great site blake, thanks. Have you bought from them before? How's the quality/durability?

compared to the ensayo ones, they don't gather dirt that quickly and they're exactly like those that cost 2t in other sports stores..

but IMO the best tools for release would be a softball and a firm smaller ball for those really hard to reach areas.. I hardly do SRM nowadays but have these things just in case
    krad_angel wrote: »
    where did you buy? how much? i am looking this kind of stuff, need for my glutes. meron kaya sa may bandang makati?

trinoma, lifefitness @ 2.6k. If you will use it for your glutes hindi siya ganun kasolid, mas maganda padin tennis ball pag sa glutes mas malakas pressure. Pero kung sa legs (quad,ITB,calves) thumbs up ako sa foam roller.
  • I think foam rollers should be provided by gyms.
  • Bumping this thread.

I've researched and read this review -> http://www.swolept.com/posts/critical-foam-roller-review-rumbleroller-vs-the-grid#.Uwt6rJHN6hM

So now it comes down to two foam rollers. One is the PVC and the other is the high density foam roller (the black one). I've already seen The Grid and it costs a whopping 2.7k! Glad I didn't buy that! I haven't seen the Rumble Roller locally though. And yes, I'll soon use a tennis ball. I'll start with the foam rollers first. So the question is, where can we get a high density foam roller?