Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

Super Clyde (CBS)

mykel14mykel14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
"Harry Potter" actor Rupert Grint will star in the new CBS comedy "Super Clyde," says The Live Feed.

According to the site, the show, from "Raising Hope's" Greg Garcia, "centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker who decides to become a super hero."

"Grint will play the title role of Clyde, the well-meaning and sweet yet slightly neurotic guy who never feels like he really fits in. The avid comic book reader considers himself a borderline agoraphobic with mild to severe anxiety issues who wishes he were a super hero himself. When Clyde inherits a $100,000 a month inheritance from his long-dead eccentric Uncle Bill, he decides that the cash will be his secret super power and will use it only for good and reward the good-hearted."

Garcia will write and executive the comedy. Mike Fresco ("Raising Hope," "My Name Is Earl") will direct the pilot.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=100379#LMd2zvq7jeUHXsQ7.99

Comments

• mykel14mykel14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I have a bad feeling about this :hiya: But it's Ron Weasley. :lol: As a potterhead, it's my duty to check this one out.

Please post updates in this thread. :)
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    mykel14 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling about this :hiya: But it's Ron Weasley. :lol: As a potterhead, it's my duty to check this one out.

Please post updates in this thread. :)

Good luck reining in that British accent of his.

Btw, aren't American actors complaining that more Brits (as well as Aussies, Canucks and Kiwis) are playing American roles???
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Ok I will check this out too when it's out!
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wonder if Mr. Grint will bring his ice-cream lorry Stateside once he starts shooting for that series...gotta have it switched to LHD for American roads
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    QT II wrote: »
    Good luck reining in that British accent of his.

Btw, aren't American actors complaining that more Brits (as well as Aussies, Canucks and Kiwis) are playing American roles???

Napansin ko rin eh. I mean, nawawalan na ba nang macho sa america? :lol:
  • marianpatriciamarianpatricia PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pilot is available online. :)

==========

- it's so weird na Rupert Grint talks with his American accent. :lol:
    - i really enjoyed the pilot. may potential siya. too bad CBS didn't get this one. :(
    - medyo annoying yung mga kapatid ni Clyde. :hmm:
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Meanie!! wrote: »
    Napansin ko rin eh. I mean, nawawalan na ba nang macho sa america? :lol:

It's a hard reality for actors from countries where there's not a lot of opportunities. It's either one of the signature soaps (EE, HO, ED, Doctors, and Corrie in the UK; H&A and Neighbours in AU; Shortland Street in NZ) or the occasional primetime drama unless you get a part in Doctor Who.

As for Canadians, masuwerte sila dahil wala naman masyadong cultural differences between them and the Yanks for them to face any sort of prejudice. And having a North American accent from the get go helps. :D
  • mykel14mykel14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    CBS orders another pilot, but without Grint and Fry.
  • honey4evrhoney4evr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ it won't be super clyde without rupert grint. so sino na daw gaganap as bida?