Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

I have decided start going to the gym... Still kinakabahan ako...

I am still on the process of looking for the right gym.
Originally my boyfriend will be accompanying me, but due to his tight sched hindi na nya ako masasamahan.
So ayun, kabado ako and i don't know where to start. As in zero. O_O

Mapayat ako, pero napapansin ko lumalaki na tyan ko, feeling ko obese na ako.
I really don't have any idea where to start.

Been lurking here and reading some threads pero wala pa din akong makuhang idea.

Well my budget is at least 1k a month. Hindi ko alam kung super magastos ba maggym and time confusing...
I think im ready pero im still a little confused and scared and nahihiya o_O

Comments

• Wag kang mahiya, Lahat ng naggym ngayon nagstart na rin sa pagiging payat o mataba. If your in the gym na, wala ng pakialamanan kase nakafocus na lahat sa kanilang goal. kaya mo yan!
  • yajoyaj wrote: »
    Wag kang mahiya, Lahat ng naggym ngayon nagstart na rin sa pagiging payat o mataba. If your in the gym na, wala ng pakialamanan kase nakafocus na lahat sa kanilang goal. kaya mo yan!

Ganun ba? Nakakatkot kasi syempre alam mo naman kapag first time. Hindi ko alam gagawin at wala akong idea pa sa papasukin ko o_O
  • Car_Bon wrote: »
    Ganun ba? Nakakatkot kasi syempre alam mo naman kapag first time. Hindi ko alam gagawin at wala akong idea pa sa papasukin ko o_O

Research on exercises, nutrition, macro-counting if you have freetime. Hindi naman isang bagsakan matututo ka agad ma'am, we all had our trials and errors. Just don't rush. :)

PS: Wag ka mahiya kung alam mo namang tama ginagawa mo, pag may nag-correct sa iyo just throw 'em a Thank You.

Fight your ignorance first. Read LIES in the gym and other "Starting" articles on stumptuous.com.
  • vincexvincex PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Car_Bon wrote: »
    Originally my boyfriend will be accompanying me, but due to his tight sched hindi na nya ako masasamahan.

Been lurking here and reading some threads pero wala pa din akong makuhang idea.

Well my budget is at least 1k a month. Hindi ko alam kung super magastos ba maggym and time confusing...

typical. Girls have all the issues on going to the gym. The worst part is they even have to look for "moral support" (gym buddy? bf?) to go with them. With or without friend everyone, young/old, male/female must train.

As to where to start I recommend the classic 5x5 or stronglifts 5x5. And read the starting strength sticky. You will NOT get big and bulky. You can only get firm, slimmer and full in the right places. But if you want to listen to your fellow girls it is up to you.

As for a gym, depending where you are. I recommend zest, eclipse, obsession. I prefer you DON'T go to a mainstream gym. You are more prone to develop many bad habits there.
  • anima9anima9 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just start eating right first THEN go to the gym.
  • 1k a month, medyo mababa yun for a gym. Usually upwards of 2 or 2.5 k kasi yung mga monthly. You might want to try boxing or some other class na you pay only when you attend type of thing. At least that way you can pace yourself however you want.

Say boxing for example, 750 pessos 5 sessions sa elorde. May trainer ka pa all the time nun. If habol mo magpapayat na mura then that might be a cheaper option. Pero magiinitial investment ka sa boxing gloves pero its still much cheaper than monthly fees ng gym.

San Gym mo balak mag enroll? Sa Gold's gym marikina try mo dun 10k for 16 months. Samahan pa kita. I'll teach you proper exercises.
  • newsunrise wrote: »
    Research on exercises, nutrition, macro-counting if you have freetime. Hindi naman isang bagsakan matututo ka agad ma'am, we all had our trials and errors. Just don't rush. :)

PS: Wag ka mahiya kung alam mo namang tama ginagawa mo, pag may nag-correct sa iyo just throw 'em a Thank You.
    Best advise ive read, thank you hehe
  • vincex wrote: »
    typical. Girls have all the issues on going to the gym. The worst part is they even have to look for "moral support" (gym buddy? bf?) to go with them. With or without friend everyone, young/old, male/female must train.

As to where to start I recommend the classic 5x5 or stronglifts 5x5. And read the starting strength sticky. You will NOT get big and bulky. You can only get firm, slimmer and full in the right places. But if you want to listen to your fellow girls it is up to you.

As for a gym, depending where you are. I recommend zest, eclipse, obsession. I prefer you DON'T go to a mainstream gym. You are more prone to develop many bad habits there.
    Salamat sa tips. Sana nga may mahanap na ako
  • By the way, im a guy po pala. :)
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    Taga san ka ba? That way we can point you to a good gym
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    Taga san ka ba? That way we can point you to a good gym

Sa espanya po, either near ust or welcome :)

sir if you want po sa golds gym centris. q.ave mrt station *** mismo. kakaopen lang po nang gym last october 2012. pm me for the details. kasya naman yan budget mo :)
  • nag pm pala ako sayo.
  • Tinuruanala ako ni bf nung isang araw magbuhat... Tawa lang ako ng tawa habang inaassist nya. Feeling ko tuloy kapag magisa na lang ako tatawa din ako ng tatawa... Hmmmmm
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    bakita ka tumatawa? feeling mo mapapahiya ka sa ginagawa mo?
  • Sounds like mild social anxiety disorder/social phobia.
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    bakita ka tumatawa? feeling mo mapapahiya ka sa ginagawa mo?

Medyo. Natumpak mo kuya. Yung may feeling na pag nagkamali ako baka mapahiya ako. Or dahil newbie ako baka sabihin nila nagmamarunong ako. Hmmm
  • brianpex wrote: »
    Sounds like mild social anxiety disorder/social phobia.

Yun ba tawag dun? Hindi ko **** na mapilit partner ko na samahan ako kasi lagi na siyang puyat sa work... Kaya natatakot ako magisa din. :(