Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

[Netflix] House of Cards

topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited April 2018 in International TV #1
gNIAejpg

From executive producers David Fincher (Fight Club, The Social Network), Beau Willimon (The Ides of March) and Eric Roth (Forest Gump, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), House of Cards follows ruthless House Majority Whip Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) and his wife Claire (Robin Wright), who set off on a path of vengeance when the President elect reneges on his promise to nominate the Congressman for Secretary of State. Underwood makes revenge his life’s elixir and masterwork; with each painstaking stroke of his brush equaling another “bite out of the whale” that is the Administration. Kate Mara (American Horror Story) co-stars as Zoe Barnes, an equally ambitious young reporter who entangles herself in a Devil’s deal arrangement with Underwood.

An adaptation of Michael Dobbs' novel, which was already a British mini-series, House of Cards presents a biting portrait of the intersection of district and Washington politics, capitalism, and perhaps most-fascinatingly, Claire Underwood’s non-profit/charitable organization, CWI (Clean Water Initiative).

Trailer:

http://youtu.be/ULwUzF1q5w4

Comments

• CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I love Kevin Spacey so I had to check this out. Thought the pilot was too effing slow. I almost gave up on the show. Somewhere along the way, I think during the last 1/3 part of the pilot, it got really interesting. And then I got hooked. I like political shows, I've always been fascinated with US politics. This kinda shows the dark side of politics.

Kevin Spacey is so frakking good, it's ridiculous.

I've only watched two episodes, and so far, I don't get the importance of Robin Wright's character.

If you're a fan of The Newsroom, this is a good show to watch because it shows you the side where the story happens (or is manipulated). :)
  • this is so good Kevin spacey was amazing. didn't expect some witty banter from him great series much better than political animal.

and Doug Stamper (Michael Kelly) nice to see him I like this actor..
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Francis Underwood is Majority Whip. He has his hands on every secret in politics - and is willing to betray them all to become President.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856010/?ref_=sr_1

Spacey. Fincher.
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    this is the best new show on tv, not The Americans.
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I wonder if web shows like House of Cards are torrentable as well, especially if they're not available for viewing on Youtube nor is it available for free viewing outside the US.
  • already on ep.5 this is really addicting series so far.. its than better political drama than the Boss (startv)
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Already on ep 12, and it is building up intenselyyyy......

Guess who will be the new Vice President
    j5bata wrote: »
    I wonder if web shows like House of Cards are torrentable as well, especially if they're not available for viewing on Youtube nor is it available for free viewing outside the US.

ummmm meron na ah....
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Torrentable na? Matignan nga minsan.
    ^ atsaka may Season 2 na. :naughty:

nah just kidding. but they got a greenlight for season 2. :D
  • jingdalaganjingdalagan PEx Rookie ⭐
    CaRaMBa wrote: »
    I love Kevin Spacey so I had to check this out. Thought the pilot was too effing slow. I almost gave up on the show. Somewhere along the way, I think during the last 1/3 part of the pilot, it got really interesting. And then I got hooked. I like political shows, I've always been fascinated with US politics. This kinda shows the dark side of politics.

Kevin Spacey is so frakking good, it's ridiculous.

I've only watched two episodes, and so far, I don't get the importance of Robin Wright's character.

If you're a fan of The Newsroom, this is a good show to watch because it shows you the side where the story happens (or is manipulated). :)

i don't find the pilot slow but Spacey's line are somewhat nosebleed-level fast.

the first 3 episodes has a touch of dark comedy. afterwards, it gets darker and darker and never looked back.

Claire is not just a wife, she's Frank's best political partner so far but she has her own agendas too.

i haven't seen The Newsroom but i only watched this upon recommendation of Jessica Zafra in her blog and i ended up loving it :love:

i'm already into episode 11 now
  • saltynutz01saltynutz01 PEx Rookie ⭐
    topnotch97 wrote: »
    ummmm meron na ah....

I thought you can only watch this on NETFLIX.COM
    $7.99 per month lang naman ang membership - 320 pesos
  • I thought you can only watch this on NETFLIX.COM
    $7.99 per month lang naman ang membership - 320 pesos

If it's a T.V. show you know that someone will SHARE it. :) Well, the highly anticipated ones at least.
  • BadAssGoddessBadAssGoddess PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I believe NETFLIX is not working outside the US. Pwede na ba ngayon?

I am giving this show a shot. I am not really into political crap, but I like Kevin Spacey; He's too awesome not to watch.
  • Ahura MazdaAhura Mazda Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    'House Of Cards' Season 2 Likely To Be Its Last, Producer Says

The reign of "House Of Cards" may be short-lived. According to executive producer Rick Cleveland, the upcoming 13-episode Season 2 is likely to be the show's last.

Netflix ordered the Kevin Spacey-fronted drama directly to series with a two season commitment, bypassing the typical pilot stage.

"'House of Cards' is only going to go a second season and I think that’s it," Cleveland told Gold Derby. "Kevin Spacey likes to do movies and Robin Wright likes to do movies," he added.

However, executive producer and creator Beau Willimon had previously tweeted that he hopes to write more seasons.

At the 2013 Emmy Awards, "House of Cards" picked up three statues and shook up the race. Stars Spacey and Wright both earned nominations in the lead drama categories.

Season 2 is currently in production. Details are scarce, but Oscar winner Jodie Foster will helm an episode.

Hell no!!! :ayaw:
    Netflix Renews 'House of Cards' for Season 3

Netflix is sticking with House of Cards. A few weeks ahead of the Emmy-winning drama's sophomore debut on the streaming service, it has been given the official green light for a third season.

A Netflix rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that House of Cards has received an early renewal, and production is set to begin soon. House of Cards was originally packaged as a two-season pickup, though all parties have spoken optimistically about the show running longer.

House of Cards marked Netlfix's entry into original series just one year ago. Critically acclaimed, it was followed by Hemlock Grove, Orange Is the New Black and the revival of Arrested Development.

Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos has said that he wanted more from the show. "I think if you look at the original House of Cards, there was a natural third season, and we could go well beyond that," he said at a November panel.

Adapted for the U.S. by Beau Willimon, who serves as showrunner, and executive produced by David Fincher and Kevin Spacey, House of Cards' first season scored nine Emmy nominations and four Golden Globe nominations -- including a win for actress Robin Wright.

One measure of House of Cards' success that has not been publicized is how many people have watched it. Netflix keeps its streaming stats secret -- though after an initial window of exclusivity on the streamer, the first season of the Media Rights Capital production is now available on DVD and multiple on-demand platforms.

The story of House Majority Whip Francis Underwood's (Spacey) unscrupulous rise to power, the second season finds the protagonist and his wife, Claire (Wright), continuing their Beltway ascent. It bows on Netflix on Feb. 14.

Kate Mara, Michael Kelly, Sakina Jaffrey and Constance Zimmer also star.
  • ParkourParkour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    9/10 on iMDb?

Gotta watch this!

Hopefully this weekend.

:rocker: