Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

Can a regular employee like me invest in the stock market?

Comments

• gresglean wrote: »
    its our decision to sell naman anytime we want diba?

Short selling is you buy and sell today. That's what I mean.
  • Short selling is you buy and sell today. That's what I mean.

i am with COL but i haven't tried selling stocks yet, but i think pede naman. sabi nila kasi anytime we can sell it but we have to wait 3days for it to appear on our account.
    i am with COL but i haven't tried selling stocks yet, but i think pede naman. sabi nila kasi anytime we can sell it but we have to wait 3days for it to appear on our account.

Wow, that's cool.

I'm with AB Capital since 2003, and I'm always short selling my stocks.
  • Wow, that's cool.

I'm with AB Capital since 2003, and I'm always short selling my stocks.

ah, i am about to do that also. it doesn't matter if not big profit. as long as i can get from it. i will sell it. mahirap na ang bilis bumaba at tumaas ng price.
    ah, i am about to do that also. it doesn't matter if not big profit. as long as i can get from it. i will sell it. mahirap na ang bilis bumaba at tumaas ng price.

That's correct, even if the profit is not what you expect sell it immediately. Then wait for it to cool down and buy again.
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Polyphase wrote: »
    Yes. It's called mutual funds. For as little as 5000, you can start growing your money. It has little risk thus it has also little returns but better than putting your money in your savings account. :)

Yep, pwede din sa mutual funds. But sa experience ko... Pwede nang 5k sa COL mismo. In that way, yung stock na mismo bibilhin mo hindi share sa pool of funds na bumibili ng stocks.
    @ground break

Magkano na po ang inyong na earn from 5k you invested 2 years ago sa COL?

Nasa 30% to 40% na... And strategy ko kasi ay to invest. So bili lang ako ng bili in regularly. So yung losses ko nababawi ng gains.

I invest kasi I don't trade kaya ganuon...
    Is short selling allowed at COL?
    Yup pero di ko pa na-try like I said invest lang ako ng invest until the time na ma-reach yung goal ko and ready na ako to sell the stock I gathered.
  • alienman wrote: »
    makapag try nga sa BDO.dun kasi ako may account.
    ok na ba yun kesa BPI?wala kasi ako account sa BPI.

If you already have an account with BDO, just go to your branch and enroll for the BDO EIP to invest in UITF (Equity Funds). They will automatically debit your 1k per month (or Php500 per 15th or 30th/twice a month) from your savings account.

You mean, it will take 3 days to appear in your bank account if you withdraw what you sold not when you sold your stocks.

You can sell anytime you want and it will appear in your portfolio cash balance right away.
  • Yep, pwede din sa mutual funds. But sa experience ko... Pwede nang 5k sa COL mismo. In that way, yung stock na mismo bibilhin mo hindi share sa pool of funds na bumibili ng stocks.

Thanks for the info.

Nasa 30% to 40% na... And strategy ko kasi ay to invest. So bili lang ako ng bili in regularly. So yung losses ko nababawi ng gains.

I invest kasi I don't trade kaya ganuon...

Yup pero di ko pa na-try like I said invest lang ako ng invest until the time na ma-reach yung goal ko and ready na ako to sell the stock I gathered.

Thanks for the info.
  • You mean, it will take 3 days to appear in your bank account if you withdraw what you sold not when you sold your stocks.

You can sell anytime you want and it will appear in your portfolio cash balance right away.

yun yung sabi nila sa seminar eh. 3 days to appear on your account.
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    If you already have an account with BDO, just go to your branch and enroll for the BDO EIP to invest in UITF (Equity Funds). They will automatically debit your 1k per month (or Php500 per 15th or 30th/twice a month) from your savings account.

Cool suggestion!

Di ko alam may ganito pala sa BDO... Thanks!

At AB Capital, when you sell - the amount is automatically credited to your account on that very day you click the button. So you could buy another stock you like.

What about yours?
  • At AB Capital, when you sell - the amount is automatically credited to your account on that very day you click the button. So you could buy another stock you like.

What about yours?

haven't try pa. no idea as of this time.
    haven't try pa. no idea as of this time.

Ok, in case you sell already keep me posted.
  • Ok, in case you sell already keep me posted.

LOL. sana magsudden jump ang mga stocks ko para maibenta ko immediately haha.

:)

You misunderstood it. I buy and sell almost everyday and it's automatically credited to my portfolio. But seldom "withdraws". Only when i need to party. ;)

Read this: How to Withdraw Your Funds from COL
  • You misunderstood it. I buy and sell almost everyday and it's automatically credited to my portfolio. But seldom "withdraws". Only when i need to party. ;)

Read this: How to Withdraw Your Funds from COL

someone asked kasi before if this will automatically credited on the day you sell it. according to the trainer. it will take 3 days. not of my concern that time since hindi pa naman ako nagiinvest eh. ..
    someone asked kasi before if this will automatically credited on the day you sell it. according to the trainer. it will take 3 days. not of my concern that time since hindi pa naman ako nagiinvest eh. ..

If you sell "and withdraw", then it is correct that it will take 3 days to be credited to your bank account.

But if you just sell without withdrawing, it will appear immediately in your "cash balance" at the upper left side of your stock trading account portfolio. But NOT credited in your bank account since you did not go through the Withdrawal Procedures yet.

Selling does not necessarily mean that you are Withdrawing your cash.

Was it Aya who gave you the training?
  • If you sell "and withdraw", then it is correct that it will take 3 days to be credited to your bank account.

But if you just sell without withdrawing, it will appear immediately in your "cash balance" at the upper left side of your stock trading account portfolio. But NOT credited in your bank account since you did not go through the Withdrawal Procedures yet.

Selling does not necessarily mean that you are Withdrawing your cash.

Was it Aya who gave you the training?

yup, appear agad sa AVAILABLE BALANCE yung pagbenta. pwede agad ipambili within the day.

ngayon, yung nasa available balance mo, then iwi-withdraw mo thru check or bank transfer, iyon ang tatagal ng 3 days.

=)
  • Short selling is you buy and sell today. That's what I mean.

yes. kahit within seconds after buying the stocks.