Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

Can a regular employee like me invest in the stock market?

Does anybody have an idea if regular employees like me can invest in the stock market? Isn't it that the stock market is only for people with lots of money? And only for those who earn big from their businesses?

Comments

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    No, the stock market is not just for people with plenty of money. You can open an online stock trading account for as little as P5,000 and begin investing.
  • wmrs10 wrote: »
    Does anybody have an idea if regular employees like me can invest in the stock market? Isn't it that the stock market is only for people with lots of money? And only for those who earn big from their businesses?

There is also Easy investment program wherein you can start with 5k. good for newbies! and its up to you if how much you can invest for your monthly. =)

its a good start, we need to save our money from inflation. risky nga lang pero okay lang yan. you just have to study the move in stock market.

Good luck to you and God bless!
  • Malaking YES teh! Yan din ang akala ko noon, ngayon nagsisi ako kung bakit ngayon lang ako ngstart... Magbasa ka na teh, simulan mo na ngayon. DL mo na yung free ebook ni Bo Sanchez about his maids... Or PM me send ko sa email mo.
  • wmrs10 wrote: »

You can open an Online Trading Account for 10K at AB Capital Securities.

There's also a 7 day free trial.

Try it.
  • Of course, an employed individual can invest in the stock market. Some bank-linked brokers don't even require a minimum initial amount to open a stock trading account as long as you have a bank account with them.

Meanwhile, if you want to invest indirectly in the stock market, you may want to try investing in equity funds (mutual funds/UITF) for as low as Php500 per pay day.
  • Of course, an employed individual can invest in the stock market. Some bank-linked brokers don't even require a minimum initial amount to open a stock trading account as long as you have a bank account with them.

Meanwhile, if you want to invest indirectly in the stock market, you may want to try investing in equity funds (mutual funds/UITF) for as low as Php500 per pay day.

BDO, does this have fees, VAT, etc. also.
  • freelancer_babefreelancer_babe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Huh! LOL. Why not? *okay*
  • Thanks for the feed.
  • alienmanalienman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Of course, an employed individual can invest in the stock market. Some bank-linked brokers don't even require a minimum initial amount to open a stock trading account as long as you have a bank account with them.

alin ang mas maganda ito o yung direct sa stock market?
  • For me direct, because you have control of your portfolio.

You can buy and sell it anytime.
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I started my stock trading account at 5k, 2 years ago at CitisecOnline now COL Financial.

I suggest you check out this website for more details.
  • Yes. It's called mutual funds. For as little as 5000, you can start growing your money. It has little risk thus it has also little returns but better than putting your money in your savings account. :)
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    alienman wrote: »
    alin ang mas maganda ito o yung direct sa stock market?

Buying stocks directly is potentially more profitable, if you know what you are doing.

But mutual funds/UITFs have their advantages. If you are a beginner and started out with P5,000, for example, you will be hard pressed to build a portfolio of stocks because of board lot requirements on the exchange. You will not have diversification. A stock fund which will accept P5,000 gives you instant diversification and the services of a fund manager (assuming he is a good one).
  • You're welcome, Ducati_Diavel.
  • Thank you, all for the information. :)
  • this is a good thread for employees like us na gusto mag invest sa stock market. Can you please share how did you learn the ins and out of stock market and kung magkano ang ininvest nyo at magkano na ngayon :)
  • @ground break

Magkano na po ang inyong na earn from 5k you invested 2 years ago sa COL?
  • alienmanalienman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    makapag try nga sa BDO.dun kasi ako may account.
    ok na ba yun kesa BPI?wala kasi ako account sa BPI.
  • I started my stock trading account at 5k, 2 years ago at CitisecOnline now COL Financial.

I suggest you check out this website for more details.

Is short selling allowed at COL?
  • Is short selling allowed at COL?

its our decision to sell naman anytime we want diba?