PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Does Manny Pacquiao need a tune-up fight in April?

TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
What do you think? What's the pros and cons of doing this?

My take...

No! Manny doesn't need a tune-up fight, and besides it poses many problems.

1. Bob Arum is not too keen of doing it, who will pay Manny his 20M$ purse? Or will manny agree to a much lower purse say 5M$ (dont think so)???

2. F.Roach also doesn't like the idea, who will train him, Buboy Fernandez??

3. What if he lose.... a fifth fight with Marquez will certainly go down the drain.

4 Even if he wins, if the opponent is not a high caliber fighter, what's the benefit for him?

5. Parkinson's disease, if he has not yet fully recovered from the last brutal KO he suffered. The danger pose by parkinson's disease is even greater.

Comments

• MajorPainMajorPain Member PExer
    He needs a tune up fight but not in April. Maybe June. Let him fight a mid level fighter. He got knocked out pretty bad. Maski medically cleared and physically fit ka, when you step in the ring again I can imagine na meron pa din mental phobia that a fighter needs to overcome. I would like Manny to have that as early as possible and not during the JMM fight.

:winky:
  • bondyingbondying Member PExer
    The tune up fight will only confirm the evident. Pacquiao is no longer psychologically fit to fight a champion's fight in the ring. His mindset now is that of a retired boxer despite his pronouncements of a comeback.

Ingatan na lang niya ang mga kinita niya sa boxing at huwag magpaloko sa mga ministro at pastor na nakapaligid sa kanya.

:(
  • banwabanwa cold as ice PExer
    No tune-up fight. He has no enough time for it.
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    TLG wrote: »
    What do you think? What's the pros and cons of doing this?

My take...

No! Manny doesn't need a tune-up fight, and besides it poses many problems.

1. Bob Arum is not too keen of doing it, who will pay Manny his 20M$ purse? Or will manny agree to a much lower purse say 5M$ (dont think so)???

2. F.Roach also doesn't like the idea, who will train him, Buboy Fernandez??

3. What if he lose.... a fifth fight with Marquez will certainly go down the drain.

4 Even if he wins, if the opponent is not a high caliber fighter, what's the benefit for him?

5. Parkinson's disease, if he has not yet fully recovered from the last brutal KO he suffered. The danger pose by parkinson's disease is even greater.

Pacquiao needs a fight. Not a tune up, but to test the waters after a devastating loss - to check if he still has it. If he wins against a journeyman but struggles, then forget JMM.
  • jnyaropjnyarop Member PExer
    I disagree for the tune up part.

I think what Manny needs is just to rest, have his peace of mind and hunger back, and if he really wants to fight JMM again, do it probably on September, after a good long rest and training.

If you can't commit to your training and health, forget about it and just retire.
  • Cool_EnzCool_Enz The Sports Guy PExer
    Yes he needs a tune-up fight but definitely not in April. The geniuses pushing for an April return fight need to be reminded that Pacquiao suffered a devastating loss at the hands of JMM. He was knocked out cold, momentarily losing consciousness. Even if Pacquiao wanted to fight they should not allow him to return to the ring, it's as simple as that. I don't know why an April bout was even considered in the first place. Oops, I forgot that it's election time. :socool:
  • el_pogitoel_pogito Member ✭✭
    He needs a tune-up fight but not in April, that's too soon. He needs all the time to recuperate from that brutal KO and have a thorough medical check-up before even thinking of fighting again.
  • TLGTLG The Dark Knight PExer
    Mukhang desidido mga mokong,

http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fortherecord/mvp-group-lukewarm-financing-pacquiao-fight-april-013134428.html
    In fact Vargas was tasked by Pangilinan to meet with Pineda and discuss the proposal in which Pineda indicated Pacquiao would take “a substantial reduction in his purse” from the reported $27 million he received for the fourth fight with Marquez, to $21 million.
    The financial estimate submitted to Vargas totaled $34 million with gross income “conservatively projected” according to Pineda at $35.9 million.
  • renaissance11renaissance11 for the better ✭✭✭
    uu kailangan ng tune-up, just to bring the confidence back, kesyo madali o mahirap na tune-up pa yan

pag ikaw ba makipagbangaan sa kalye dahil naka 180kph, halimbawa wasak talaga ang harapan ng kotse mo, the next day, kaya mo ng mag 180 kph ulit
  • whiplashwhiplash Member PExer
    fight timothy bradley!

the dude's got some belt but not a very risky fight for manny. manny should be able to handle him (again).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file