Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

dating question

i get a lot of private messages asking me for advice on dating concerns. its been a while since i started a thread out of a message i received. heres one that i think is interesting.
Cong: YOU WROTE SOMETHING ABOUT MAKING WOMEN THINK THEY CAN HAVE YOUR MONEY,WITHOUT ACTUALLY GIVING IT TO THEM. MY QUESTION TO YOU IS, HOW DO YOU FLASH THE CASH WITHOUT SPENDING IT ON THEM? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

spend it on yourself. between a goodlooking guy wearing bench and a goodlooking guy wearing, take your pick, rl, ck, you get the gist, the latter is more likely to be noticed. between a goodlooking guy drinking san miguel pale and a guy drinking, take your pick, corona, heineken, you get the gist, the one drinking an import is more likely to get noticed.

buy a bigger house. drive a more expensive car. spend your money on yourself. only make them think they can get a piece of it.

any thoughts? questions perhaps?

Comments

• Nice! Couldn't agree with you more, Cong.

But being all that "expensive" comes with a lot of other expenses. An expensive looking guy is expected to hang out in the more expensive of places.

To do it the way you've done it ... Between an "expesive" goodlooking guy who hangs out at Padi's Point, and another "expensive" goodlooking guy that hangs out at Virgin Cafe, Hard Rock, you get the gist, the latter is more likely to justify his looking more "expensive". Between an "expensive" goodlooking guy who takes his dates for coffee at a nearby generic cafe shop, and an expensive goodlooking guy who stops by a hotel lobby to get the much needed cafeine dose, the latter still gets the edge. My point is this .... living an 'expensive" image does COST more. Which means your dates would mostlikely COST more. Which again means that YOU DO SPEND YOUR CASH ON THEM DATES just the same.

Oh well, just my 2 cents on the topic presented.

:)
  • Originally posted by Toti
    Nice! Couldn't agree with you more, Cong.

But being all that "expensive" comes with a lot of other expenses. An expensive looking guy is expected to hang out in the more expensive of places.

To do it the way you've done it ... Between an "expesive" goodlooking guy who hangs out at Padi's Point, and another "expensive" goodlooking guy that hangs out at Virgin Cafe, Hard Rock, you get the gist, the latter is more likely to justify his looking more "expensive". Between an "expensive" goodlooking guy who takes his dates for coffee at a nearby generic cafe shop, and an expensive goodlooking guy who stops by a hotel lobby to get the much needed cafeine dose, the latter still gets the edge. My point is this .... living an 'expensive" image does COST more. Which means your dates would mostlikely COST more. Which again means that YOU DO SPEND YOUR CASH ON THEM DATES just the same.

Oh well, just my 2 cents on the topic presented.

:)

thanks dude.

but spending on dates and spending on yourself are two entirely different things. ive no problem paying on dates. but i tell my boys all the time to keep the spending to a minumum. a guy who spends lavishly on women has issues. you have to doubt his interests. only guys with low self-esteem spends a lot on women. they think that thats the only way they can get women.

so there. just thought id add, dunno if youve read my other posts. keep the cost to a minimum.
  • Right! I agree with you cong. Look like your way over the budget, but keep to the budget on dates.

Every project has a "BUDGET". ... and of course every project has a target of interest too.

Yup. I agree with you dude.
  • dating tips 4 d girls ????:beam:
  • me question!

if u date around, do people classify u as a playah too??? i mean, they see u with this guy on a friday night and then they see u again with this other guy the next night...yikes! would they think negatively of u? how can one justify this?
  • Some people will defintely misjudge you. there are still a lot of "old fashioned" people in the new millennium. ... Take note that I used "old fashioned " instead of "conservative". :D

Personally though, I do not think there is anything wrong with it. A date is just a date. And in this fast phased world, the oppurtunities are just reflections of the choices we are blessed with.

... of course in the end it all depends on who you've been dating and what you've been doing on those dates.

;)
  • Originally posted by satinsheets
    me question!

if u date around, do people classify u as a playah too??? i mean, they see u with this guy on a friday night and then they see u again with this other guy the next night...yikes! would they think negatively of u? how can one justify this?

suck it up (no pun intented). people who are envious of you are the hardest ones to please. people will classify you no matter what. to hell with them. why do you need justification? people arent pissed or dismayed when they see you out with different guys, theyre jealous, they wish they can do the same. if they cant take what you do, then tough on them.

i date actively in between relationships. its no different with women. for as long as youre not in a relationship, see people. theres nothing wrong with that.
  • How do you be spontaneous on your dates????

I know you should be creative, and etc. But exactly how do you know what to do........? What are the things you can probably do, that most girls, in general, would appreciate during your dates?
    What are the things that you shouldn't overdo........is spending lavishly on dates wrong? What if you just wanted to please your date??? :hmm:

Also.....usually what we do on first dates, watch a movie, get something to eat or dinner maybe, and have a walk. But what if your date doesn't enjoy watching movie??? Any other suggestions? :uh:

Thanx.................. :crazytongue:
  • Originally posted by psychic_psycho
    How do you be spontaneous on your dates????

first off, YOU DO NOT BE SPONTANEOUS ON DATES. always have plan.
    I know you should be creative, and etc. But exactly how do you know what to do........? What are the things you can probably do, that most girls, in general, would appreciate during your dates?
    What are the things that you shouldn't overdo........is spending lavishly on dates wrong? What if you just wanted to please your date???

if spending a lot on a date pleases your date, then youre out with a manipulative *****. dont be surprised if you have to pay her after you bang her.

i cant tell you what to do on dates, dude. figure it out. but i can tell you what not to do on dates. dont act like the rest. if you do, you get treated like the rest.
    Also.....usually what we do on first dates, watch a movie, get something to eat or dinner maybe, and have a walk. But what if your date doesn't enjoy watching movie??? Any other suggestions? :uh:
    Thanx.................. :crazytongue:

YOU DO NOT WATCH A MOVIE ON THE FIRST DATE. thats like, wasting 2 hours sitting there, instead of you making your move. dinner is a good idea. a 'late dinner' is an even better idea. set the date at 9 or 10 pm. chances are, she already ate, so you wont have to spend a lot, unless you are a chubby chaser and out with a total pig. taking a walk sounds good. you dont spend anything taking a walk.

remember, a woman decides in the first 15 minutes of a date how far youll go that night. you have to dig deep within you and find that ability to handle pressure.

play on.
  • hmm...........thanx for the response.....it really made me think......
  • Originally posted by psychic_psycho
    hmm...........thanx for the response.....it really made me think......

good. thinking is good. whether you agree with me or not, at least youre thinking.
  • I too think watching a movie isn't such a good thing to take on if you aren't familiar with your date yet. Nor do I think any lady in her right mind would agree to it. ... Unless of course it's a group thing.

CONVERSE! And converse well. I think that usually starts it. A good topic of interest will help you fire it off. If you do well enough your date will be in for an entertaining evening. Take if from there.

I agree with Cong! Your date decides how far you'll go, .. or in most cases, SHE'LL GO. Hehehe. Better make sure you get to handle the "first 15 minutes" well.

If by stroke of luck you get through dinner and get to the after dinner drinks or coffee, then you're doing well enough for starters. If it does go well, make sure you wrap it up the same er ... "amazing way" (?) you started it. First impressions lasts. A good first date gains you a pass for another one.

Good luck psycho .... now does that sound sincere? :D
  • i got a question too..

is it bad to date two guys who are friends?? do guys think differently of the girl who has dated them and dated their friends too??

i'm not talking about dating an ex's friend, aight?? let's say i'm dating this guy on a regular basis, but we're not in a commitment yet... then i went out with his friend in between those dates... does that classify me a playgirl??

thanks for whatever y'all are gonna say :)
  • Originally posted by JaY_aRe_Dee
    i got a question too..

is it bad to date two guys who are friends?? do guys think differently of the girl who has dated them and dated their friends too??

i'm not talking about dating an ex's friend, aight?? let's say i'm dating this guy on a regular basis, but we're not in a commitment yet... then i went out with his friend in between those dates... does that classify me a playgirl??

thanks for whatever y'all are gonna say :)

going for the same broad is the surest way to ruin a friendship. i tell my boys all the time to value OUR friendship. a woman is fair game UNLESS she starts seeing one of us (them). i dont care if your c*nt dont stink, none of that is good enough to ruin a friendship. i guess if those two idiots dont have an honor system like they should, then its not your gawddamn fault.

do you think that youre a playgirl? what others think doesnt count. its what YOU think of yourself.
  • Originally posted by tsaBY
    dating tips 4 d girls ????:beam:

ahmm, keep him in between your legs and youll be alright.
  • going for the same broad is the surest way to ruin a friendship. i tell my boys all the time to value OUR friendship. a woman is fair game UNLESS she starts seeing one of us (them). i dont care if your c*nt dont stink, none of that is good enough to ruin a friendship. i guess if those two idiots dont have an honor system like they should, then its not your gawddamn fault.

okay... thanks
  • Originally posted by cong
    *bump*

bump ulit.
  • Cong, what if a guy does spend much on you during your dates, what does it mean? I mean, really lavish the girl with gifts and all..... does that mean that the guy is insecure? Would it be rude for us girls to turn them down and not accept these gifts? :(