Home PEx Campus Mapua Institute of Technology

Transferee here :) Comp.Sci.

i will be transferring in Mapua this 4th term BSCS and my application will be submitted next week. if iam an irregular student, will i have a "block" and how about the organizations? can i still join them? one more thing what are the coverage of the validation exam?

thank you very much in advance!
«1

Comments

  • xybert_22xybert_22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    From what school ka? Make sure you have satisfied the below requirements from Mapua

    http://www.mapua.edu.ph/admissions/Guidelines/Tranferees.aspx

    Weighted average must be 2.00
  • xybert_22 wrote: »
    From what school ka? Make sure you have satisfied the below requirements from Mapua

    http://www.mapua.edu.ph/admissions/Guidelines/Tranferees.aspx

    Weighted average must be 2.00

    Miriam :) i don't really know the equivalent of 2.00 but my grade is equivalent to 95 (yeah something like that) :))
  • xybert_22xybert_22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Miriam :) i don't really know the equivalent of 2.00 but my grade is equivalent to 95 (yeah something like that) :))

    Mataas yung 95% so sure na yang makakalipat. Ang problem na lang ay kung makecredit *** mga dati mong subjects. Kasi my evaluation pang gagawin. Pray ka na lang na sana macredit yung iba mong subjects. Medyo mahigpit lang sila sa Math, Physics and chemistry. I wish you all the luck and welcome to Mapua.

    Re: Block section. Usually kapag transferee eh free section. Unless iadvice ka ng Mapua na umulit sa first year. That time magkakaroon ka na ng block section. Yung block section naman sa Mapua first year 1st term lang. Come 2nd Quarter free section na lahat. :D
  • xybert_22 wrote: »
    Mataas yung 95% so sure na yang makakalipat. Ang problem na lang ay kung makecredit *** mga dati mong subjects. Kasi my evaluation pang gagawin. Pray ka na lang na sana macredit yung iba mong subjects. Medyo mahigpit lang sila sa Math, Physics and chemistry. I wish you all the luck and welcome to Mapua.

    Re: Block section. Usually kapag transferee eh free section. Unless iadvice ka ng Mapua na umulit sa first year. That time magkakaroon ka na ng block section. Yung block section naman sa Mapua first year 1st term lang. Come 2nd Quarter free section na lahat. :D


    Thank you very much :) Sigurado kaya na matatanggap talaga ako? Question pa po about the laptop requirements. Do i really need to meet the specified system requirements as in exactly? i'm applying for BS comp sci. is there anything i need to buy other than the laptop. What can you also say about the math subjects in Mapua. I mean i have no problems with math i just want to know if i will meet anything unusual·

    One more thing are you still studying in Mapua? and what campus? If Makati, any tips that can be handy for a new student like me? :))

    thanks in advance ;)
  • xybert_22xybert_22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Graduate na ako batch 2002 ECE GC 2006.Regarding sa Math, kung Comp Sci ka hindi naman ganung kahirap unlike dun sa Engineering sa Intramuros na madalas eh square root yung pumapasa sa klase. Tsaka passing in Mapua is 70% (70/100).

    Re: Laptop, wala ako idea. Nung time namin di pa uso laptop. Hehehe
  • xybert_22 wrote: »
    Graduate na ako batch 2002 ECE GC 2006.Regarding sa Math, kung Comp Sci ka hindi naman ganung kahirap unlike dun sa Engineering sa Intramuros na madalas eh square root yung pumapasa sa klase. Tsaka passing in Mapua is 70% (70/100).

    Re: Laptop, wala ako idea. Nung time namin di pa uso laptop. Hehehe

    thank you very much :D
  • any other Mapuans out there? i need help regarding the laptop requirements :((
  • Di na po required ang laptop though I highly encourage you to bring yours may masasaksakan ka naman dun.
  • Interesting thread. I've just resumed my studies at mapua this term after a 2-year break. Technically, first year pa ako. CS starts with a face-paced, bombardment of algebra, trig, planar geometry, physics, etc. C++ is the language they chose to introduce us to programming. Your laptop won't require much at all to implement the material. Any old computer and a simple IDE will suffice. Or you could just use a Linux distro, which is always free, to really submerge yourself into CS.
  • kludged wrote: »
    Interesting thread. I've just resumed my studies at mapua this term after a 2-year break. Technically, first year pa ako. CS starts with a face-paced, bombardment of algebra, trig, planar geometry, physics, etc. C++ is the language they chose to introduce us to programming. Your laptop won't require much at all to implement the material. Any old computer and a simple IDE will suffice. Or you could just use a Linux distro, which is always free, to really submerge yourself into CS.


    hi what do you mean by 2 year break? did you continue after some terms or did you take a break before pursuing college? :D according to the tuition fee table... CS has the most expensive fee per sem . so why is that? :D thanks in advance
  • I think we can blame one on the proprietary software.

    Anyway, after C++, you would go to C# for some time. You only get to experience other languages when you take your PL or when you specialize in Java.
  • ipurge wrote: »
    I think we can blame one on the proprietary software.

    Anyway, after C++, you would go to C# for some time. You only get to experience other languages when you take your PL or when you specialize in Java.

    haha thanks for the extra info .
    Unfortunately, i'm aware of python and currently home studying and stuff.. it's a waste that i may not be able to use my knowledge since c++ pala ang programming language that's needed :/

    oh well :D
    any other tips? :)
  • PLs are just tools. Your efforts won't go to waste. Do you still have to take any math subjects?
  • ipurge wrote: »
    PLs are just tools. Your efforts won't go to waste.

    Totally agreed. You'll most likely have to learn another language depending on the job you land anyway. Python is my personal favorite and knowing it most definitely won't go to waste. It's really helpful for quick solutions. In fact, you can extend C++ code into Python scripts and vice versa.

    And, yes, I hear CS is the most expensive major at least at the Makati campus. Not sure why. But they do offer installment options if you need them. Grants and scholarships are available too.

    As for me, I had started at mapua 2 years ago and completed a few terms, but I had to take a break to set up my dad's company here in the Philippines. Glad that parts over.
  • ipurge wrote: »
    PLs are just tools. Your efforts won't go to waste. Do you still have to take any math subjects?

    i'm not sure since my application is still on process ( i guess?) still waiting for the vice pres. arrival ( since he's the one to read the letter of intent) but usually how many days to wait before they give the status of application for transferees? :)
  • kludged wrote: »
    Totally agreed. You'll most likely have to learn another language depending on the job you land anyway. Python is my personal favorite and knowing it most definitely won't go to waste. It's really helpful for quick solutions. In fact, you can extend C++ code into Python scripts and vice versa.

    And, yes, I hear CS is the most expensive major at least at the Makati campus. Not sure why. But they do offer installment options if you need them. Grants and scholarships are available too.

    As for me, I had started at mapua 2 years ago and completed a few terms, but I had to take a break to set up my dad's company here in the Philippines. Glad that parts over.

    when will the major subjects start? first term? or second year? and since quarterm sa Mapua and until 3 years lang sila does it mean that until 3rd year lang? (this may be a stupid question but i'm kind of curious 'bout this :))
  • i'm not sure since my application is still on process ( i guess?) still waiting for the vice pres. arrival ( since he's the one to read the letter of intent) but usually how many days to wait before they give the status of application for transferees? :)

    I forgot how long it took mine but it was quick. I had my exam, then they credited some subjects, then I enrolled during the enrollment of the term I started. I guess they were busy a week ago because of the Foundation Week activities.
  • I think major subjects would start immediately as per the new curriculum for CS/IT. And they use the number of units you took to determine what year you are in. You get to experience your 3rd and 4th years at the same year. LOL.
  • ipurge wrote: »
    I think major subjects would start immediately as per the new curriculum for CS/IT. And they use the number of units you took to determine what year you are in. You get to experience your 3rd and 4th years at the same year. LOL.

    isn't that too much? i mean it's too fast :)) pero i guess marami naman matutunan the problem is coping with the quarterm environment :(
  • ipurge wrote: »
    I forgot how long it took mine but it was quick. I had my exam, then they credited some subjects, then I enrolled during the enrollment of the term I started. I guess they were busy a week ago because of the Foundation Week activities.

    mine is taking too long kasi wala pa yung mag aaprove.... by the way how's the validation exam? what's the coverage? :)
Sign In or Register to comment.