Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

The Best in Reading:2012. Time to list down your best books of the year

As the year comes to a close, I'm calling fellow PEXers to pitch in their favorite books of the year. What books made it to your best list? Anything you've read this year that you've particularly enjoyed? The book doesn't have to have been published this year, though I imagine many of ur favorites are fashionable books recently published. Books can come in all manners of taste, doesn't matter what kind you read (filipino and other languages welcome) so long as you've cracked a book and you think it's great. Time to list down your best books of the year.

Comments

• Great books I discovered this year (not a lot apparently, many other books I forgot already; these have been on my mind for a while):

1. Gypsy Boy by Mikey Walsh

2. The Passion According to G.H. by Clarice Lispector

3. Near to the Wild Heart by Clarice Lispector

4. The Hour of the Star by Clarice Lispector

5. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

6. An Episode in the Life of the Landscape Painter by Cesar Aira

7. Train Dreams by Denis Johnson
  • Here's another:

8. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  • 1. Everyday by David Levithan
    2. Fault in our Stars by John Green
    3. Gone Girl by G. Flynn
  • kim Gkim G PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    cant remember the authors

1.the namesake reading this book literally makes the reader look into the window of asian family who migrated to US, characters are very real and conversations are like in any other immigrant families

2.secret daughter so moving made me cry but warms my heart as a mom

3.shantaram typical bad boy who is so daring and careless,every girls secret dream
    man,not boyfriend, not partner but man!

i've read 58 books this year but these 3 stayed with me
  • Only read 31 books. My top 3 are:

3. Book Thief by Markus Zusak
    2. Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
    1. Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
  • I agree. we need to make a list of top selling books. The generation nowadays are forgetting the essence of books and make use of other electronic gadgets like e-books. Here is one of the best books list i've found: http://www.squidoo.com/best-selling-books-list
  • Hello! I just wanna share that Bookfordables sells pre-owned books for a very low price. If you're interested, kindly check our facebook page. Thanks! Happy reading!

https://www.facebook.com/bookfordables