Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Cebu Pacific's TravelSure Insurance

Has anyone got any real first hand experience on the benefits of getting their TravelSure insurance?

I am under the impression that their insurance is useless given the quality of customer service they give, especially on issues regarding cancelled and delayed flights, aside from real life threatening accidents.

Has anyone been able to claim anything that benefited?

Comments

• Haven't tried buying from Cebu Pacific but if you are planning to get one, better check your credit card first kung may kasama ng free travel insurance.

I purchased my tickets and hotel bookings using my card for my vacation to HK with my family na di natuloy when my father got sick. I was able to claim the full amount from the card's insurance company amounting to around P37k.

Kung bumili ako from Cebu Pacific, na-double lang ang insurance and I believe na di naman pwede mag-claim from 2 insurance companies.
  • Thank you for your reply redisol, may I ask what your credit card is? Looks like that's a good one. :)

Is that a tie up with the ones you booked at? Or no connection whatsoever?
  • I used my BDO Titanium Mastercard but I think most cards also come with free insurance. I know my Eastwest and AMEX cards meron. You can check the membership booklet the credit card company sent with your card kung meron.

Just make sure you use only one card to make all the travel bookings para isahang claim lang kung sakali.

They have no connection with the Airline Company and hotel. Ang ka tie-up ng BDO is Chartis Insurance.
  • chocobangbangchocobangbang PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wow I didn't know you can do that, that's really nice to hear. So if I booked a ticket and for some unfortunate reason I wasn't able to use the ticket, pwede ko siyang marefund from the credit card company you mentioned? Or may legit reasons lang like you got sick or someone fell ill. I've passed up about 2 flights for this year because of work commitments I hope I've heard of this sooner.
  • Wow I didn't know you can do that, that's really nice to hear. So if I booked a ticket and for some unfortunate reason I wasn't able to use the ticket, pwede ko siyang marefund from the credit card company you mentioned? Or may legit reasons lang like you got sick or someone fell ill. I've passed up about 2 flights for this year because of work commitments I hope I've heard of this sooner.

Reason must be valid like natural disasters, sickness or death of insured or his close relatives. I think work commitments are not covered.

Eto coverage ng BDO/Chartis
    https://www.clg.bdo.com.ph/documents/10147/6d1119cf-c7d0-4d3d-8713-3b1d94887cee
  • chocobangbangchocobangbang PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Di pala ko covered :hiya: Thanks for this info though, very helpful sa mga di aware. :)
  • I just checked that Cebu Pacific's TravelSure insurance partner is Malayan Insurance. So, ok naman siguro.
  • Thanks guys, that's all valuable info!