Home PEx News and Tech Local and Foreign Issues
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

The End of the World December 21, 2012

http://ph.she.yahoo.com/build-food-reserves-survival-kit-145235679.html
Whether you’re preparing for the possibility of another Hurricane Sandy or an impending apocalypse, you can never go wrong with an emergency supply kit stocked with the right foods.

With doomsday prophecies predicting the end of the world December 21, believers have been building up their bunkers and lining their pantries with non-perishables meant to last them through the supposed Armageddon, thought to be augured by the Mayan calendar.

Whatever the reason, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers a set of guidelines on how to build a disaster supplies kit for you and your family.

· Store foods that you eat regularly.
· Include vitamin, mineral and protein supplements.
· Store enough foods for two weeks.
· Make sure to include a manual can opener, disposable utensils and plates.
· Consider including candle warmers, a fondue pot and portable gas-powered stove for cooking.
· Keep food in a dry, cool spot out of the sun.
· Keep sugar, dried fruits and nuts in screw-top jars or airtight cans.
· Avoid eating canned goods that have become dented, swollen or corroded.
· Avoid fatty, high-protein or salty foods when your water supply is low.
· Keep your hands clean with either soap and water or hand sanitizers.
· If water supplies are low, eat salt-free crackers, whole grain cereals, and canned foods with high liquid content.

Shelf life of foods

Within 6 months use up:

· Boxed potatoes
· Dried fruit
· Dry, crisp crackers
· Powdered milk

Follow the expiry dates stamped on the cans. Otherwise, it's advised that wiithin one year you use up:

· Canned, condensed meat and vegetable soups
· Canned fruits, fruit juices and vegetables
· Hard candy and canned nuts
· Jelly
· Peanut butter
· Ready-to-eat cereals and uncooked instant cereals
· Vitamins

The following foods have an indefinite shelf life:

· Baking powder
· Bouillon products
· Dried corn
· Dry pasta
· Instant coffee, tea, cocoa
· Vegetable oils
· Salt
· Soybeans
· Wheat
· White rice

Comments

• ObjectionObjection PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    PANIC PANIC PANIC

SPEND SPEND SPEND

Makakatulong kayo sa pag taas ng GDP :lol:
  • AteoAteo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I will just party on. If the world ends, I will go with the first Mayan god that passes along. Why hold on for two more weeks?
  • Dapat nasa TV series ito eh.

DOOMSDAY PREPPERS!
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Party like its the END of the WORLD!!!
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ah okay, at least pinatapos muna ang Miss Universe. :lol:

kakabasa ko lang sa kabilang thread na Miss Universe pala sa Dec 19.:hiya:
  • nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kawawa naman yung bagong crowned Miss Universe, two days lang yung reign nya. :hiya:
  • BaltasarBaltasar PEx Rookie ⭐
    Mabubully ng matindi yung anak ng mga preppers pagkatapos ng Dec 21.
  • Baltasar wrote: »
    Mabubully ng matindi yung anak ng mga preppers pagkatapos ng Dec 21.

Actually, it extends all the way to 2013 pa.

So simula palang ng prepping doomsday clock and sa Dec 21.

Anyways, I would not bully a prepper kid. Most of them are psyched to survive with the skills to boot.
  • AltarBoy^_^AltarBoy^_^ PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mas magandang tumambay sa Egypt before that event. May celestial alignment ng stars sa ibabaw ng pyramids. Either the terrorists get to you or the apocalypse, you can be sure to see one last event that happens every 2500++ years! :evil_lol:
  • Mas magandang tumambay sa Egypt before that event. May celestial alignment ng stars sa ibabaw ng pyramids. Either the terrorists get to you or the apocalypse, you can be sure to see one last event that happens every 2500++ years! :evil_lol:

:lol: natawa naman ako bigla sa bold part.
  • parvus1202parvus1202 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    END OF THE WORLD! Alam ba nila ibig sabihin nyan? Tapos na mundo! Patay na lahat! Bakit ka pa mag-iipon ng pagkain?????? Sino kakain???? Ang labo naman ng may pasimuno nito.
    At ang Mayan calendar e tumigil na sila ng counting pagdating ng 2012, bakit? Dalawa dahilan, una wala na silang pakialam pa dahil hindi na naman nila maabutan yan, pangalawa, ang tinatawag na Cycle. Babalik lang sila ulit sa umpisa.
  • paenggoypaenggoy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's good to prepare for more problems in 2013, especially concerning oil supply (as reported by Morgan Stanley), more economic problems (fiscal cliff, the Fed with no more ammo to deal with continued recession), and even the effects of global warming (as seen in natural catastrophes that took place this year). There's also unemployment issues coupled with high food and oil prices taking place right now and likely persisting for the next few years.
  • paenggoy wrote: »
    It's good to prepare for more problems in 2013, especially concerning oil supply (as reported by Morgan Stanley), more economic problems (fiscal cliff, the Fed with no more ammo to deal with continued recession), and even the effects of global warming (as seen in natural catastrophes that took place this year). There's also unemployment issues coupled with high food and oil prices taking place right now and likely persisting for the next few years.

A three day general disaster kit will not hurt naman eh. Actually, dito saatin required tayo na may 3 day general disaster kit since lagiin tayo ng bagyo.

So, lets all prepare for the end of the world as we know it :D

Me, I want a zombie apocalypse and I wanna be part of the last men standing team :D
  • QubethaQubetha PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    siguro ang ibig sabihin ng end of the world nito ay dito na magsisimula ang gyera malamang mainit na sa middle east hinihintay na lang ng ilang muslim countries ang aksyon ng Iran,Russia samantala dito naman sa Asya China,North Korea naman ang maghahasik ng lagim ... yehey call of duty ang dating nito!!
  • Qubetha wrote: »
    siguro ang ibig sabihin ng end of the world nito ay dito na magsisimula ang gyera malamang mainit na sa middle east hinihintay na lang ng ilang muslim countries ang aksyon ng Iran,Russia samantala dito naman sa Asya China,North Korea naman ang maghahasik ng lagim ... yehey call of duty ang dating nito!!

With matching nuke explosion sa middle east ba ito? :lol:
    b_9904 wrote: »
    A three day general disaster kit will not hurt naman eh. Actually, dito saatin required tayo na may 3 day general disaster kit since lagiin tayo ng bagyo.

So, lets all prepare for the end of the world as we know it :D

Me, I want a zombie apocalypse and I wanna be part of the last men standing team :D

Definitely, and coupled with investments in physical assets and skills that can deal with long-term crises.
  • kensamorkensamor PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My son will be disappointed he won't even finish eating his Advent Calendar chocolates:lol:

Me-shopping na lang ako for December kasi I don't have to pay my credit card afterwards! :D
    Definitely, and coupled with investments in physical assets and skills that can deal with long-term crises.

Out of pocket nalang siguro yan ng mga private citizens. Hindi naman tinutuunan ng pansin ng government na yan eh.

Flood mitigation nga katakot takot na red tape ang dinaranas.
    Definitely. What we are seeing is something like Dec. 21 every year, with citizens having to fend for themselves. Floods, droughts, high food and oil prices (not to mention prices for electricity, medicine, etc.), chronic unemployment, lack of public health care, environmental damage, etc.
    Definitely. What we are seeing is something like Dec. 21 every year, with citizens having to fend for themselves. Floods, droughts, high food and oil prices (not to mention prices for electricity, medicine, etc.), chronic unemployment, lack of public health care, environmental damage, etc.

Yup.

Pero may mas matinding end of the world scenario ang dapat natin katakutan taalaga: Global Water Shortage Crisis.

Hindi malayong maangyari yan.

It is very much real.