FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

[MERGED] Philippine Economy Updates

So happy. Sana magtuloy tuloy na at lahat umasenso. More fun talaga in Philippines....
«13456784

Comments

  • rubberr_duckyrubberr_ducky 一匹オオカミ PExer
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    PH posts highest GDP growth in 2 years

    The Philippine economy grew by 7.1% in the third quarter, beating economists' forecasts. This was the highest gross domestic product (GDP) growth since the third quarter of 2010. Coco Alcuaz reports. [email protected], November 28, 2012

    [video=youtube_share;Cqx6pOSECZI]

    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/business/11/28/12/ph-posts-highest-gdp-growth-2-years


    Third Quarter 2012
    Philippine Economy accelerates by 7.1 percent in Q3 2012
    Posted 28 November 2012

    Beating expectations, the domestic economy accelerated for the third consecutive quarter to 7.1 percent this year from the 3.2 percent last year. The beyond expectation third quarter growth was driven by the Services sector with the robust performances of Transport, Storage & Communication, Financial Intermediation, and Real Estate, Renting & Business Activities supported by the five consecutive quarters of sustained accelerated growth of the Industry and the seemingly weather tolerant Agriculture sector. With the upwardly revised second quarter Gross Domestic Product (GDP) estimate, the growth for the first nine months of 2012 at 6.5 percent surpassed the upper end target of the 6.0 percent for the whole year.

    On the demand side, increased consumer and government spending, increased investments in Construction, and the third consecutive quarter of growth in external trade contributed to the highest quarterly growth since the third quarter of 2010.

    The rebound of the Net Primary Income from the Rest of the World by 4.9 percent pushed the Gross National Income (GNI) to grow by 6.6 percent from 2.2 percent in 2011.

    On a seasonally adjusted basis, GDP grew by 1.3 percent from 1.2 percent while GNI grew at a slower pace of 1.2 percent in the third quarter from 1.4 percent in the second quarter of 2012. Agriculture, Hunting, Forestry and Fishery sector grew by 0.2 percent, a slowdown from the 1.7 percent in the previous quarter while Industry accelerated at 2.1 percent from 0.2 percent with all subsectors except for Mining and Quarrying contributing robustly to the growth. On the other hand, the Services sector recorded a 1.0 percent growth for the third quarter of 2012 from 1.7 percent in the previous quarter with the positive growth of all its subsectors.

    With projected population growing by 1.7 percent to 96.0 million, per capita GDP grew by 5.3 percent, per capita GNI accelerated by 4.8 percent while per capita Household Final Consumption Expenditures (HFCE) upped its growth by 4.4 percent.



    JOSE RAMON G. ALBERT
    Secretary-General, NSCB

    http://www.nscb.gov.ph/sna/2012/3rd2012/2012qpr3.asp
  • b_9904b_9904 The one and only PExer
    Reminder lang po, ganyan talaga economy natin pag Xmas season.

    YTD ang mas importante and its not really that impressive pa.
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    emphasis on the words "way beyond expectations" on the GDP growth 3Q. the growth target for the year of 5-6% has been breached with the yr todate growth at 6.5%. meeting that annual GDP growth rate is easily attainable at this point.

    if that is great news, here is another excellent news - next year is election year and that means the first half will have high growth rates.

    intraday trading at the stock market is now at the 6,000 level.

    good news all around. this country is on a roll on the economy side.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member ✭✭✭✭
    What can I say? Impressive!

    I hope PNoy wont rest on his laurel after these series of impressive growths. The red carpet is now being rolled, he should take the challenge and bring the Philippines to the limelight!
  • zgmf_x20Azgmf_x20A Member ✭✭✭
    sargo wrote: »
    emphasis on the words "way beyond expectations" on the GDP growth 3Q. the growth target for the year of 5-6% has been breached with the yr todate growth at 6.5%. meeting that annual GDP growth rate is easily attainable at this point.

    if that is great news, here is another excellent news - next year is election year and that means the first half will have high growth rates.

    intraday trading at the stock market is now at the 6,000 level.

    good news all around. this country is on a roll on the economy side.

    haha natatawa na lang ako sa iyo. so after election? tag hirap na naman tapos di ka na naman magpost dito?
  • rubberr_duckyrubberr_ducky 一匹オオカミ PExer
    good-news-everyone.jpg

    So sumobra ang smuggling operations sa Customs kaya lumaki ang GDP? :glee: :glee:

    OT...

    Lakas siguro ng hatak ng construction dahil sa dami ng building projects lalo na dun sa BGC. Tataas lalo yan kung marunong lang ang gobyerno mag-alaga ng conducive environment sa mga businessmen/investor.
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    b_9904 wrote: »
    Reminder lang po, ganyan talaga economy natin pag Xmas season.

    YTD ang mas importante and its not really that impressive pa.

    3Q is NOT yet christmas. christmas in case you did not know happens on the 4Q.

    also, and this is the most important - growth rates are based on SAME PERIOD YEAR ago. that means seasonality is already taken into consideration.

    the other way of looking at this is comparing it to expectations or forecast for the quarter and this growth rate is much beyond expectations.

    the growth rate is THAT IMPRESSIVE!
  • Rick_diasRick_dias Red Comet
    yehey!!! credit goes to...
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Exag ka naman Sargo, hindi pa umaabot ng 6000 level ang PSE. Baka 5600!
  • blue_tracerblue_tracer soundscapes ✭✭✭
    good job by the aquino government.
  • b_9904b_9904 The one and only PExer
    sargo wrote: »
    3Q is NOT yet christmas. christmas in case you did not know happens on the 4Q.

    also, and this is the most important - growth rates are based on SAME PERIOD YEAR ago. that means seasonality is already taken into consideration.

    the other way of looking at this is comparing it to expectations or forecast for the quarter and this growth rate is much beyond expectations.

    the growth rate is THAT IMPRESSIVE!

    :lol:

    Not if you factor in inflation for that period AND, this is important, inflation rate YTD.

    PS: Stock market: You do know how that works right?
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    zgmf_x20A wrote: »
    haha natatawa na lang ako sa iyo. so after election? tag hirap na naman tapos di ka na naman magpost dito?

    where did i say that. are you reading things i did not post?

    what that means is that the growth for certain at minimum will be sustained next year.

    key to GDP growth rats is sustainability. if the growth rate is sustained for some time, it will bring real change to the economic profile of the country.

    the election next year has the potential to get the GDP growth rate to be higher than this year, say 9% to 10% (versus 7.1%).

    the growth rate during arroyo's time was on the low one digits, 1% to 5%. we are now hitting high single digits. there is real change and achievement there.
  • b_9904b_9904 The one and only PExer
    sargo wrote: »
    where did i say that. are you reading things i did not post?

    what that means is that the growth for certain at minimum will be sustained next year.

    key to GDP growth rats is sustainability. if the growth rate is sustained for some time, it will bring real change to the economic profile of the country.

    the election next year has the potential to get the GDP growth rate to be higher than this year, say 9% to 10% (versus 7.1%).

    the growth rate during arroyo's time was on the low one digits, 1% to 5%. we are now hitting high single digits. there is real change and achievement there.

    Remind me again WHEN the US sub-prime crisis hit and what happened after that?
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    Kent_210 wrote: »
    Exag ka naman Sargo, hindi pa umaabot ng 6000 level ang PSE. Baka 5600!

    you are right, i read the ticker wrong.

    but it is now trading at 5,626 a new intraday high. if the trend continues, today will be the fourth consecutive trading days that the record is being broken.
  • zgmf_x20Azgmf_x20A Member ✭✭✭
    sargo wrote: »
    where did i say that. are you reading things i did not post?

    what that means is that the growth for certain at minimum will be sustained next year.

    key to GDP growth rats is sustainability. if the growth rate is sustained for some time, it will bring real change to the economic profile of the country.

    the election next year has the potential to get the GDP growth rate to be higher than this year, say 9% to 10% (versus 7.1%).

    the growth rate during arroyo's time was on the low one digits, 1% to 5%. we are now hitting high single digits. there is real change and achievement there.

    it is implied in your post. your predictions ay hanggang election dates lang so ano na nga yung mangyayari? your good news is just during the election period. then afterwards what will happen? if you say na it is normal na bumaba ang growth rate then this news of yours is just normal. it is worthless to talk about
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    b_9904 wrote: »
    :lol:

    Not if you factor in inflation for that period AND, this is important, inflation rate YTD.

    inflation is benign for many, many months now. inflation is already computed into the mix.
    PS: Stock market: You do know how that works right?

    yes i do. do you know how it works?
  • b_9904b_9904 The one and only PExer
    sargo wrote: »
    you are right, i read the ticker wrong.

    but it is now trading at 5,626 a new intraday high. if the trend continues, today will be the fourth consecutive trading days that the record is being broken.

    Hmmmm.... I am looking at the technical analysis of the Phisix.... overall not impressive. Actually, its a bit worrying BUT not for selected individual stocks. :D

    Anyways, it will correct itself. It always does that.
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    zgmf_x20A wrote: »
    it is implied in your post. your predictions ay hanggang election dates lang so ano na nga yung mangyayari? your good news is just during the election period. then afterwards what will happen? if you say na it is normal na bumaba ang growth rate then this news of yours is just normal. it is worthless to talk about

    implied? lmao. when you say implied, its just in your mind, not in my post.

    there is no election this year and last year and the growth rates are high. that says the economic growth is already at that level. even if the growth rate just hits at current levels after the election, that is still an impressive growth rate.

    the country has not been at this higher level during non election years during the whole arroyo admin.

    also, this is a great achievement considering we are doing much better than ASEAN countries and even versus europe.
  • sargosargo got balls ✭✭✭
    b_9904 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... I am looking at the technical analysis of the Phisix.... overall not impressive.

    what charts are you looking at? lmao

    technical analysis says the market is still on a bullish trend. the smart investor will hold.
    Actually, its a bit worrying BUT not for selected individual stocks. :D

    Anyways, it will correct itself. It always does that.

    you are the only one i know who is worried. lmao. you are reading very weird charts. lol
«13456784
This discussion has been closed.