Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Is it needed to have a Travel Insurance - For International Travel

Hi, I kinda confuse if do I need to get a Travel Insurance if I'll be doing travelling outside the philippines and my days of travel will be more than 15 days and up?

*I do avail travel insurance when i booked a flight. But instead of that, do I need to avail another for just incase there something wrong happen to me while i'm on the road.

Thanks.

Comments

• nikkilovenikkilove PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    beware of these travel insurance agencies, I was always getting one before a trip, but recently, I tried their policies cos I had an incident na part ng policy ko. pero it was a revelation.

it's better to get a travel insurance that is tried and tested.

many insurance companies are loko-loko, and they know the loopholes and the pasikot sikot of the deals in the claims.

read their policies thoroughly. they're determined not to give out what's printed in their policies. yung nagaalok na sobrang bait and accommodating are different from their claims department.

they will fight your claim.

when i had an incident, this known travel insurance company, didnt even bother to ask of how I was doing, ang tatapang agad ng mga sumasagot,

tuturuan ka nila kung pano maka claim sa airline company, na ganito ganyan ang responsibilidad ng airline, so there should be no claim daw, eh samantalang isa yun sa pinagmamalaki ng policy nila.

gusto ko sana kumuha ng lawyer, pero inayaan ko na lang dahil malamang yung gagastusin ko sa abogado, mas mahal pa sa magiging claim ko. pero still, I was paying pala for nothing. so be careful.
  • nikkilove wrote: »
    beware of these travel insurance agencies, I was always getting one before a trip, but recently, I tried their policies cos I had an incident na part ng policy ko. pero it was a revelation.

it's better to get a travel insurance that is tried and tested.

many insurance companies are loko-loko, and they know the loopholes and the pasikot sikot of the deals in the claims.

read their policies thoroughly. they're determined not to give out what's printed in their policies. yung nagaalok na sobrang bait and accommodating are different from their claims department.

they will fight your claim.

when i had an incident, this known travel insurance company, didnt even bother to ask of how I was doing, ang tatapang agad ng mga sumasagot,

tuturuan ka nila kung pano maka claim sa airline company, na ganito ganyan ang responsibilidad ng airline, so there should be no claim daw, eh samantalang isa yun sa pinagmamalaki ng policy nila.

gusto ko sana kumuha ng lawyer, pero inayaan ko na lang dahil malamang yung gagastusin ko sa abogado, mas mahal pa sa magiging claim ko. pero still, I was paying pala for nothing. so be careful.

Hi Thanks nikkilove for the advice regarding to that. Do you have any na pede irecommend travel insurance agency/ies. Because I'll be travelling by jan-feb.
  • waterwellwaterwell PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i have an annual insurance by bluecross and i pay less than 7k for the entire year. mas mura if you don't include hk and us trips. when cebupacific misrouted my baggage to hk last july during my flight to bangkok, na-reimburse ako ng 2k pesos ng blue cross and cebupacific gave me a free roundtrip ticket to any international destination (1 year validity). i highly recommend getting one kasi if you go to countries like japan or korea, mahal ang medical services kaya better kung may insurance ka. of course, you still pray na hindi mo talaga magamit yun :)
  • waterwell wrote: »
    i have an annual insurance by bluecross and i pay less than 7k for the entire year. mas mura if you don't include hk and us trips. when cebupacific misrouted my baggage to hk last july during my flight to bangkok, na-reimburse ako ng 2k pesos ng blue cross and cebupacific gave me a free roundtrip ticket to any international destination (1 year validity). i highly recommend getting one kasi if you go to countries like japan or korea, mahal ang medical services kaya better kung may insurance ka. of course, you still pray na hindi mo talaga magamit yun :)

Hi, Thank you so much waterwell for the advice. I'll try the Blue Cross Insurance, nginquire na ako sa kanila. May I ask thru email ka ngbook ng insurance or pumunta ka mismo sa office nila? Thanks