Home PEx Campus Ateneo de Manila University

reactions to ACET...

for me, i wasn't as "time-pressured" as i expected it to be...

Comments

• I found ACET more difficult than UPCAT. I am quite confident I did reasonably well but I need to get a very high score since I chose a quota (honors) course.
  • zzzzzzz...

ambaduy talaga ng pangalan mo poison_arrow. hellooooooo! as if to highlite that you were in La Salle. GEEEZ man.

Just call yourself the Blue Beagle or something. PUH-leez save us from the embarassment.

*okay*

....zzzzzz...zz....zzzzz....zzzz...zzzz
  • I found it easy... if I studied. The English was easy! leche why did they have to overhype the test! but the Math gave me migraines a bit.

Ulitmately like what my counselor, Ateneo is easy to get in, but it's harder to stay there and be able to graduate
  • the numerical ability is difficult. no basics were given. even a single number. the abstract reasonning is quite confusing but the other parts are ok...
  • i found the acet easier than the upcat...it was a bit time-pressured but it was okey... i had a hard time with numerical ability, grabe, wala akong masagot! and yung logical reasoning...nakakalito...

it was okey, english and infromation was the easiest parts...

good luck to everyone who took the acet!
  • Sobrang chicken ng vocab... english na rin, all in all...

Mas mahirap math proficiency ng UPCAT kesa ACET...
    pero ibang usapan ang numerical ability ... no wonder walang problem solving nung math prof... nandun lahat sa dulo...

dun sa mga kumuha... ano sagot dito:
    GIVEN: All people have good intentions.
    CONCLUSION: It is wrong to deny that all people do not have good intentions.
    a) Certainly true
    b) Most likely to be true
    c) Most likely to be false
    d) Certainly false
  • The best of luck to you all! I think Ateneo chooses high school students not only the from the scores you got from your ACET but everything else about you. Remember that only around 1,500 +/- students will be accepted for freshies next school year.

Ateneo gets the valedictorians and salutatorians of each school from the provinces and Metro Manila usually. Next, Ateneo high school graduates also have better chances of entering college, even tough they are not honor students. I really do not know now how they will choose the next batch of freshmen.
  • Amazing u really found it that easy people well let's see wen u get in and the real fun get's goin
  • Originally posted by QT_reez
    Sobrang chicken ng vocab... english na rin, all in all...

pero ibang usapan ang numerical ability ... no wonder walang problem solving nung math prof... nandun lahat sa dulo...

a) Certainly true
    d) Certainly false

D. Obvious ba? Given: ALL people have good intentions. Triple negatives = negative.
  • I found the ACET to be pretty easy, although I must say that it was harder than the UPCAT. I was able to finish practically every section. I am pretty unsure, however, about a lot of my answers in the numerical ability section.

Good luck to all potential Ateneans! :)
  • The ACET...

it was fun. i was one of the ROTC guys directing people last Sunday in the High school.

People were asking very entertaining questions like...
    there was this parent who asked us "Do you have a lounge?"
    we were like, umm sir sorry. then under our breaths, sa starbucks nalang po kayo.
    A parent also asked my officer, one of the highest guys in the ROTC corps: MANONG, saan ang pila? he wasnt mad but he somewhat irritated afterwards...
    There were also people who were studying summations, quadratic formulas and stuff... damn guys. you were supposed to leave that at home!!!
    There were also people in the wrong areas... there was this girl who was in the HS but she was supposed to be in the GS. And the exam was to start in 10 minutes.:D

owel goodluck to all the people who took the ACET!

btw, i was one of the guys shouting: C is the KEY!
  • Originally posted by the_alchemist
    The ACET...

it was fun. i was one of the ROTC guys directing people last Sunday in the High school.

People were asking very entertaining questions like...
    there was this parent who asked us "Do you have a lounge?"
    we were like, umm sir sorry. then under our breaths, sa starbucks nalang po kayo.
    A parent also asked my officer, one of the highest guys in the ROTC corps: MANONG, saan ang pila? he wasnt mad but he somewhat irritated afterwards...
    There were also people who were studying summations, quadratic formulas and stuff... damn guys. you were supposed to leave that at home!!!
    There were also people in the wrong areas... there was this girl who was in the HS but she was supposed to be in the GS. And the exam was to start in 10 minutes.:D

owel goodluck to all the people who took the ACET!

btw, i was one of the guys shouting: C is the KEY!

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

waitaminute... C was the key? I don't think so...
  • Originally posted by bLuEAnGeL
    the numerical ability is difficult. no basics were given. even a single number. the abstract reasonning is quite confusing but the other parts are ok...

sa numeric ability i just answered A and C yun raw ang mga chances na tama ang sagot mo.
  • The girls from this school na SHS were soooo noisy!!! they were like in groups and they kept on whining about the stuff they had difficulty on and they had the guts to wear those SHS jackets and shirts when they were being irritating
  • if the key is C... then... i dunno... i mean, a had a lot of Ds. you had a problem with numerical ability? can you give some of the questions again? i cant seem to remember...

i agree with tesseract... really, i am unsure of my answers though im not agitated while taking the test... it's like a normal test for me...

basta if i'd not be accepted in scools i want, i'd rather go to us... yung nga lang it's kinda chaotic na so...
  • Originally posted by greenDestiny
    if the key is C... then... i dunno... i mean, a had a lot of Ds. you had a problem with numerical ability? can you give some of the questions again? i cant seem to remember...

i agree with tesseract... really, i am unsure of my answers though im not agitated while taking the test... it's like a normal test for me...

basta if i'd not be accepted in scools i want, i'd rather go to us... yung nga lang it's kinda chaotic na so...

The numerical ability part was the only real b i t c h I encountered in the ACET. The rest were fine. But when that part came (the freaking last one, just when we were all tired, for crying out loud), I doubted if I had any "numerical ability."

Good luck. :)
  • ano po ba nag numerical ability at anou-anong tanong ang meron dito?salamat po ng marami!
  • mas mahirap say sa upcat para sakin kasi sa time pressure. passed both! hehe

goodluck sa mag****st nito. wag magpanic sa time pressure!
  • Originally posted by QT_reez
    Sobrang chicken ng vocab... english na rin, all in all...

a) Certainly true
    d) Certainly false

i think your missing a premise.
    but assuming the first statement is true, the conclusion should be false. parang - + -

yata :laugh: