Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature

Books that you can't finish

crocopiecrocopie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
What are the books that you have a hard time finishing and/or has not finished yet?

1. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Wolf
2. The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald
3. The Bible -- actually I did it once when I was a teenager. But getting it more in depth is really difficult. Not easy reading especially when you get into Deuteronomy and Leviticus.
4. The Noble Qu'ran -- I could not get past the second Sura. You see the structure is different from Western literature. It's not arranged chronologically but rather the length of the Suras. So you'll often get repetitions of verses because they get repeated in different time periods.
5. The Complete Poems of William Butler Yeats
6. A lot of books from Complete Idiot's Guide

Comments

• tabula_rasatabula_rasa PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Holy Bible
    Atlas Shrugged
    The House of Leaves
  • kenrlgkenrlg PEx Rookie ⭐
    I think there's a thread similar to this. But anyway,

The Bible - Sorry Lord. I really tried, but... :mecry:

The Zahir (Paulo Coelho)
  • um... the bible din :hiya:
  • nozmailnozmail PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    jay anson's the amityville horror.

yung guilty pleasures ni laurell k. hamilton sinukuan ko rin. :lol:
  • ender_1111ender_1111 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Stephen King Dark Tower
  • siyadosiyado PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    foucault's pendulum by umberto eco, mostly because of the tons of references to things i know nothing about. this book is alienating if you don't have elite-level general knowledge. i've barely made it past the 100th page when i just put it down and never picked up again.
  • JK Rowling's The Casual Vacancy

As a potterhead, i really really really tried but ugh i just could not finish this book..

and the bible too..but i will keep on trying
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

Inuna ko muna yung The Hobbit :D
  • michymichymoomichymichymoo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
  • BLOODLINE hindi ko natapos. Nakalimutan ko na nga kung ano ang story eh.
  • Twilight. I just gave up in the middle of it. Never to be open again.
  • By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept.
  • tetrisaddicttetrisaddict PEx Rookie ⭐
    one hundred years of solitude
    sophie's world
    the island of dr moreau

mga buks na sinimulan ko na di ko natapos... at di ko na matatapos dahil inanod na ang mga libro ko... unless someday maisipan kong bumili ng kopya.
    peanut08 wrote: »
    Twilight. I just gave up in the middle of it. Never to be open again.

hahahaha apir tayo!
    pero pinagtyagaan ko naman tapusin ang 1st buk after 100 years kahit painful hahahaha.
  • Natagalan din akong tapusin ang 100 Years of Solitude pero nung natapos ko, I was open-mouth stunned! Sobrang ganda. Favorite ko din yan.

Itong Les Miserables natatagalan din ako, pero oks lang ayaw kong madaliin kasi I want to savor the story. Hassle nga lang kasi niyayaya na ako manood nung movie eh I don't want to pa hanggat matapos ko. Lol

Yes, the bible di ko natapos. Specifically the Old Testament. New Testament hanggang Revelations lagi ko binabasa dati nung college.

Yung 3rd book ng Fifty Shades. I finished the first, tiniis ko yung 2nd dahil umaasa akong gaganda yung story (sabi nila, pero hindi rin pala) yung 3rd book I read the first few pages then deleted the entire series from my ibooks. It's that awful. :hiya:
  • paregoricparegoric PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    The Bible. :bow:

been reading since i was a kid. stuck ako lagi sa genesis 1:1. hehehe
    Natagalan din akong tapusin ang 100 Years of Solitude pero nung natapos ko, I was open-mouth stunned! Sobrang ganda. Favorite ko din yan.

Itong Les Miserables natatagalan din ako, pero oks lang ayaw kong madaliin kasi I want to savor the story. Hassle nga lang kasi niyayaya na ako manood nung movie eh I don't want to pa hanggat matapos ko. Lol

Yes, the bible di ko natapos. Specifically the Old Testament. New Testament hanggang Revelations lagi ko binabasa dati nung college.

Yung 3rd book ng Fifty Shades. I finished the first, tiniis ko yung 2nd dahil umaasa akong gaganda yung story (sabi nila, pero hindi rin pala) yung 3rd book I read the first few pages then deleted the entire series from my ibooks. It's that awful. :hiya:

100 yrs ko din sinubukan basahin yang 100 years of solitude kaso sobrang nabobore tlaga ko. pero since sinabi mo maganda sa dulo hahanap uli ako ng kopya. tenks!

i've read your review nga pala sa life of pi. actually since college ko pa naiisip bumili ng kopya kasi parang highly recommended sya, kaso tuwing nasa bookstore na ko, parang nanghhinayang ako bilin kasi parang boring ang story.. i mean ano naman ang posibleng mangyari sa tao at tiger na magkasamang nashipwreck? pero dahil sa review mo hahanap uli ako ng copy hehe. tenks again!
  • Seven types of Ambiguity
    (late ko na narealize ang thick pala nya. I tried but can't)

Caroline Minuscule

Twilight (nasa first chapter pa lang ako, after that ayoko na basahin :lol:)
  • American Psycho, ewan ko ba. Nalulula ako sa dami ng designer clothes and stuff pero gustong gusto ko yung mga random killing niya, mapa tao or aso. :lol:
  • kim Gkim G PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    bring up the bodies hilary mantel

very good reviews,highly rated,won 2012 man booker prize and 2012 costa novel prize.

pag binabasa ko di maintindihan ko who is talking and who is talking to, exactly my predicament with wolf hall the prequel book. too many characters

so i move to escape from camp 14