Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

FX's "The Americans"

bluegreybluegrey PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
FX's Spy Drama 'The Americans,' Starring Keri Russell

Adding to a growing list of anticipated dramas like American Horror Story and Justified, FX is set to tackle its first period drama by announcing an order of the ’80s spy-drama The Americans, with former Felicity star Keri Russell in the lead.

The Americans received a pilot order from the network back in December, but news about the series, or the level of FX’s interest, was fairly scant. Now, however, the network has announced that it will be picking up the series for a 13-episode first season that will likely air sometime next year.

The series takes a sometimes darkly comic look at two KGB spies posing as a normal suburban couple, Phillip (Matthew Rhys, Brothers & Sister) and Elizabeth (Russell), whose mission remains a secret even to their children, but begins to come undone by Phillip’s growing attraction to the American way of life, and the additional pressure of finding out their neighbor, Stan (Noah Emmerich), is an FBI agent working in counterintelligence. The couple must also contend with a progressively more real and intimate relationship, while they navigate the complex web of spies and informants they are responsible for.

The Americans comes from Justified and Falling Skies executive producer Graham Yost and is written by Falling Skies writer Joe Weisberg – who is also a former CIA agent. So far, Weisberg is most well known for his work on TNT’s alien invasion drama, but with his firsthand knowledge of the intelligence community, he stands to breakout with this new series. Yost, meanwhile, has dished out three acclaimed seasons of southern-fried justice with a side helping of dark humor on Justified, making FX eager to have his talents on board this series..

Full article

Comments

• QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nice to see Keri Russell back on TV...even on an FX drama (and, boy, FX knows its drama!!!)

May parang Homeland ang dating...
  • carlhirocarlhiro PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Looking forward to this.
    btw, this is part of Jack CITY's lineup
  • Wow Nice pilot Keri Russel was a surprised to me as (Elizabeth) and nice to see Noah Emerich back again... Looks like F/X has a keeper of a series here will certainly watch the next episode.

always a Fan of KGB espionage..
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    may potential etong show na ito. let us see if episode 2 will be better.
  • Fanty_ManagementFanty_Management PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    just finished ep 1

Gosh galing ni Keri Russel dito huh!

Mukang promising ang series na to...

:flower: :life:
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    In the Air Tonight

This was the thematic track from the pilot episode
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Badass Keri Russell?
    Matthew Rhys?
    Spies?
    I'M IN!!!

Love Keri Russell, and seeing her in a different role is really interesting. I loved Matthew Rhys in Brothers and Sisters and so I'm really happy that I can watch him again on TV. I love spy stuff, and I love 80's music. So yeah, I'm going to follow this show. Based on the pilot, I'd say the show is pretty good. It was described as Homeland-ish by someone on my feed - I wouldn't go that far yet. But yeah, the show has a lot to offer - great acting, action scenes, and lots of 80's goodies. Loved the music! My two complaints are: 1) some scenes had bad effects (mostly in the car) - they were obvious! And the more important one, 2) I'm not yet sold on the chemistry between Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys. Like them both, separately, but I think they lack chemistry, based on the pilot. Not 'acting chemistry' if there is such a thing, it's the 'couple chemistry' that I didn't see much.
    Again, to risk a bad pun, keri ba si Keri rito?

Serious drama, mala-Alias at Homeland raw.
  • I've seen the pilot and I enjoyed it! Gusto-gusto ko yung mga ganitong espionage, medyo nabagalan lang ako on the first 10-20 minutes (this is a long-hour pilot). Because I haven't seen a single ep of Homeland, it looked like "salt" to me :D
    Ano kaya mangyayari pag nalaman ni Paige and Henry na KGB ang parents nila?

interesting...

:flower: :life:
  • Ang ganda ng Ep 3, not your typical espionage show. I love it how they tackled their past and now rebuilding their future --- they are not perfect KGBs. Galing nung pagkakagawa. I figured early on that they will kill Rob's wife Joyce because knowing "their system" I was surprised when they are open of keeping Joyce and the kid alive. True enough, they killed Joyce in the end. It's how the system works. Anyway, nice to see Margo Martindale (after Justified, A Gifted Man, Suits and PoI) :)
  • somuchwinsomuchwin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    After watching the pilot, I "paused" for weeks.

So, hi there, after 3 eps, is this worth following? Thanks for feedbacks! MWAH
  • ^^^ Haluuuu, yes it's really good!

Anyway, FX renewed "The Americans" for a second season :D
    Gosh nakakatakot si Keri Russell dito....

ang galing nya!

Buti nga kay Udacha...

Gosh naawa ako kay Nina...

mukhang mauuwi sa kapahamakan at kawalan ang pagchenelyn nya sa thunderz!

:flower: :life: :bop: :bop:
  • better than Homeland there i say it..:D

LOL at nina she doesn't know what jitters is?
  • Best ep yet. Grabe, ang hirap ng trabaho nila (pero may sarap din :hiya::naughty::lol:)
  • another Solid episode.. "Trust Me"

wow that was intense and well crafty written episode probably one of there best in this series!!

Matthew Rys is Amazing as well as for Keri Russel...
    i knew it was KGB all along the title give it away

and Nina :love:
  • somuchwinsomuchwin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ok ill watch this series na! hahaha