Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Male Celebrities

*Philip James Younghusband* Philippines Number 1 Football Player (Thread1)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM3UbJrR-YbRHIOaGHZZuNC6aqb98wrSGyyrb3ri0RiAW_-JoQ

philip-younghusband.jpg

Comments

• [B]Azkals Starting lineup vs Azerbaijan[/B]

2014-03-05 22:00:00

[IMG]http://img.azkalsfootballteam.com/news_img/news_img_464.jpg[/IMG]

Coach Thomas Dooley names his starting lineup for the FIFA International Friendly against Azerbaijan, 11:00pm at the Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Stadium, Dubai.

Goalkeeper: Patrick Deyto

Defenders: Simone Rota, Rob Gier, Juan Guirado, Jeffrey Christiaens

Midfielders: Stephan Schrock, Jerry Lucena, Martin Steuble, Misagh Bahadoran

Forwards: Phil Younghusband, Javier Pati?o","121.54.46.199
  • Philip James Placer "Phil" Younghusband[1] (born August 4, 1987) is an English–Filipino footballer who plays as a striker for Loyola Meralco Sparks and the Philippines national team.
    Contents

Early years

Younghusband was born in Ashford, Surrey, England, the son of Englishman Philip Younghusband Sr. and Filipina Susan Placer (both deceased). His brother James Younghusband is also a footballer and a midfielder on the same team.
    Career
    Chelsea

He plays as a striker and turned professional in March 2005, having been at Chelsea since the age of nine. Younghusband was the youth team's top scorer in the 2003–04 season and made his first reserve start in November 2004. In the 2004–05 he was the youth team's top scorer. In the 2005–06 season, Younghusband made 21 appearances for the Chelsea reserve team, including 18 starts, and scored five goals. He also made one appearance as a substitute for the Chelsea youth team.
    Loan to Esbjerg

On August 30, 2007, Younghusband signed a contract with Danish top-league club Esbjerg, going on loan with the Danes for the rest of the 2007–08 season but he returned to Chelsea during the January transfer window. During his time playing in the Chelsea reserves team, he scored 9 goals in 41 apps for two seasons. In the summer of 2008, his contract with Chelsea ended and he moved to the Philippines.
    San Beda

On April 15, 2011, it was reported that Younghusband and his brother announced that they will join San Beda for the 2011 National Club Championships under former national coach Aris Caslib. "It has been a long since we have been considered professional football players and we are very happy to have that opportunity again, especially in the Philippines."[2]
    Loyola Meralco Sparks

On August 19, 2011, it was reported that Younghusband and his brother would be joining Loyola Meralco Sparks on three year deals after the national club championship was over.[3]

On October 15, 2011, Younghusband made his debut for Loyola in the 2011–12 United Football Cup and fired a tournament-high seven goals in a 15–1 demolition of newcomer Team Socceroo FC.[4]

At the 2011–12 United Football Cup final, Loyola lost against the Philippine Air Force 2–0, although he won the Golden Boot Award with 25 goals in his 7 games.

Younghusband made his league debut in a 3–2 win against Green Archers United against whom he scored a brace. Younghusband then went on to score the opening goal against Stallion but Loyola succumbed to a 4–1 defeat and Younghusband himself was sent off in the 79th minute.[5] Younghusband missed the match against Global but scored the second goal against Kaya in a 2–0 victory. On February 19, Younghusband scored his first league hat-trick plus two more goals in a 14–0 thrashing of Philippine Navy.[6] After the United Football League resumed after the AFC Challenge Cup, Younghusband scored a goal in a 5–0 win over Manila Nomads.[7] He then scored two goals against Philippine Air Force in a match which appeared to be heading to a 3–1 win to Loyola after 90 minutes, but Loyola gave away two goals in the last minute of added time and the match ended 3–3.[8] Younghusband scored a goal in another 3–2 win over Green Archers United. He then continued his goalscoring form by scoring another hat-trick against Stallion and one against Kaya and afterwards scoring five goals in a 10–1 win over Philippine Navy. Loyola, however, went winless in their last three matches and lost out on the title race to Global with whom they drew with 1–1 on the last day of the season.[9] Younghusband scored 23 league goals and 49 goals overall for Loyola in his first season.

In the 2012 Singapore Cup, Younghusband scored the opening goal in a 3–1 victory over Burmese outfit Kanbawza which gave Loyola an advantage for the second leg.[10][11]
    International career

Early in 2005, the Philippine Football Federation was alerted to Younghusband's eligibility by an anonymous gamer who allegedly found out about their lineage via playing Football Manager.[12] He and his older brother, James, were eventually called up to the Southeast Asian nation's football squad, amidst much fanfare.

He played for the Philippines Under-23 national squad in the 2005 Southeast Asian Games. Younghusband scored two goals in the Philippines 4–2 loss to Malaysia. He was part of the seniors Philippine national team. Younghusband participated in the ASEAN Football Championship and scored 6 goals in 4 appearances and ended up top scorer in the qualifiers.

During the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup Phil scored two goals against 2008 champion India in a 2–0 win, making it the first win by the Philippines against India ever. Younghusband scored again in a match against former champions Tajikistan that ended 2–1 to the Philippines, enabling the country to reach the semi-finals for the first time. The Philippines were matched against 2010 runners-up Turkmenistan in the semi-finals. Younghusband opened the scoring early on, but Turkmenistan eventually struck back twice, winning the match 2–1. Because of this, the Philippines were relegated to a battle for third place against Palestine. The match eventually ended in a 4–3 win for them with two goals from Phil Younghusband. He eventually won the golden boot award after scoring 6 goals in the whole tournament. The third place finish marked the best achievement for the Philippines since the years of the Far Eastern Games.[13]
    International goals

• 070912.jpg

Rising Stars - Phil Younghusband

07-Sep-2012
    http://www.affsuzukicup.com/index.html
    (Click here to watch our recent interview with Phil Younghusband)

Continuing our series on the young stars who could light up the 2012 AFF Suzuki Cup, we look at striker Phil Younghusband who will be looking to fire the Philippines to another strong showing this year after their run to the semi-finals two years ago.

In early 2010, Phil Younghusband's football career appeared to be at a crossroads.

The problem for the Anglo-Filipino forward was not his own form but his lack of competitive action in the Philippines.

Having spent over a decade in the youth development system at Chelsea, Younghusband had been released by the English giants two years earlier and had moved to his mother's homeland to explore his professional opportunities there.

However, the job prospects for the urbane youngster were in modelling rather than in football, which had little real traction among Filipino sports fans far more obsessed with basketball and the boxing exploits of Manny Pacquiao.

So while his modelling and media career took off, Younghusband's involvement in football appeared to be at a standstill as he was overlooked by the national team, the Azkals, for the handful of matches that they got to play.

Frustrated by the lack of football opportunities in the Philippines, he and his elder brother, Azkals midfielder James, had been working on their own youth development programme in order to maintain their interest in the game. But at that point, Phil received a recall by the Azkals for the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup.

"I started up the training academy because I wanted to still be involved in football and I wanted to remain in the Philippines. So I created a job for myself, running a football school so that I could coach kids and pass on the knowledge that I had learned as a footballer at Chelsea," says the 25-year-old.

"I had not been involved with the national team for a while and I wasn't very happy with the politics at the Philippines Football Federation. But there had been a change of management there and the new management spoke to me about their plans for the future which sounded good. I was enthusiastic and so I re-joined the team."

Younghusband's decision proved to be a fateful one. The Azkals shone at the AFF Suzuki Cup as they beat defending champions Vietnam and reached the semi-finals for the first time which generated huge interest in the team and the sport back home.

Two years on from the team's exploits in the 2010 tournament, the Younghusbands have become household names in the Philippines as they balance their many footballing interests which include playing for the national team and local semi-professional side Loyola Meralco Sparks as well as their continued involvement with the Younghusband Football Academy, which is now officially associated with their former club, Chelsea.

"You could say that my football career is back on track," quips Younghusband.

The Philippines' success in 2010 came as a complete surprise to everyone involved with the sport in the country, given their poor record in previous editions of the Asean Football Championship when they had played 21 matches and won just once while losing on 19 occasions.

"I think that our main aim was to try to finish in the top three in our group so that we would not have to qualify for the 2012 tournament," says Younghusband.

"We did not want to finish at the bottom but we were in a tough group with Vietnam and Singapore and we thought that it would be those two teams that would qualify for the semi-finals while we battled with Myanmar for third place. But we got a draw against Singapore and a win against Vietnam and that changed our expectations from then on."

Younghusband made his mark by scoring in a memorable 2-0 win against defending champions Vietnam in Hanoi.

"That was one of the best moments for me personally because that result changed football in the Philippines," he recalls.

"Seeing that they were the defending champions, securing a 2-0 win was an amazing feeling and I'm sure that will always be remembered as the point when Filipino football changed."

Despite losing 2-0 on aggregate to Indonesia in the semi-finals, the performance of the Azkals won plenty of admirers and helped to give the sport a huge kickstart in the Philippines.

"I think that we showed over the two games in Indonesia that we had heart and that we wanted to win for our country. I think that was what everyone loved the most," says Younghusband.

Buoyed by their success at the Suzuki Cup, the Azkals have been involved in a lot more competitive action over the past couple of years. They successfully qualified for this year's AFC Challenge Cup and made a huge impression in Nepal by reaching the semi-finals and eventually finishing third after wins against India, Tajikistan and Palestine.

Younghusband was one of the keys to the Philippines' success in Kathmandu, finishing as the tournament's leading scorer with six goals. His fine goalscoring form can be attributed to his new position in the Azkals formation.

"At the last Suzuki Cup, I was playing deeper and I was probably getting on the ball more, linking up play and assisting and scoring some goals," he explains.

"I feel that I'm naturally more of a deeper forward who is able to drop off and receive the ball. But coach Michael Weiss wants me to play up top so I'm not getting the ball as much but now I'm trying to make runs on goal and working myself into threatening positions.

"I've had to adapt my game for the team but it seems to be working as I've scored 25 goals in 35 international games and that's not a bad record!"

And from the situation two years ago when he hardly any competitive matches to play in, Younghusband now finds himself with a glut of football action in the build-up to this year's AFF Suzuki Cup.

"Before the last Suzuki Cup, we hardly ever played any international friendlies but after our success there, we seem to be playing on every date possible," he says.

"We have quite a few training camps before the Suzuki Cup so it's been very busy for us. It feels like we're full time and it's very difficult to schedule anything outside of the national team."
  • WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2010
    Azkals: No longer whipping boys of ASEAN Football
    Mabuhay, Pilipinas!

http://www.wanderlustabouttown.com/2010/12/azkals-no-longer-whipping-boys-of-asean.html

Capture1.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG
  • 2009 Cosmo Centerfold: Phil Younghusband See the half-British heartthrob play the part of a sexy prisoner in behind-the-scenes pics of his Centerfold shoot!
    Posted on September 21, 2009 01:00 am by Cheekie Albay

cb_philgallery_main.jpg

• Fil-Brit model ecstatic to meet David Beckham
    July 12, 2010, 11:01am

http://www.mb.com.ph/content/entertainment

Phil-Younghusband_0.jpg
  • Phil Younghusband endorsements:

SilverSwan Soy Sauce

Aronamin Goldhttp://www.gadgetsmagazine.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Phil-and-James-with-Aronamin-tablets-470x313.jpg[/img]

VitWaterPower
    banner3%2528lo-res%2529.jpg

Century Tuna
    Angel%2BLocsin%2Band%2BPhil%2BYounghusband.jpg

Kenny Rogers
    watch?v=dUvgBGPGLng

Hush Puppies
    watch?v=duqwwVU_lVg
    Phil+Younghusband+HUsh+Puppies-01.jpg.jpg

Collezione C2
    m_sr_collhusbunds.jpg

American Express Blue Card
    60884bf2-d5cd-45ea-b07f-9dd678583720

Black Berry

Samsung Galaxy Note II
    blogger-image-439066250.jpg
  • Clear Shampoo
    clear_younghusband1.jpg
    tumblr_m64n9xhohh1r1di4mo2_400.jpg

Master Facial Wash
  • CLEAR DREAM MATCH II

c9fdb258e88d11e2bfdf22000aa80117_7.jpg
  • afbc5e08e7c011e2a31922000a1fbcdc_7.jpg
    printstermnl #smartmusic
  • Philip Younghusband ‏@PhilYHusband 9m
    Hush puppies shoot #bts with my new friend martha @hushpuppiesph http://instagram.com/p/bf5CvPsTRR/

84e2cd56e7a811e2a1b122000a1f9702_7.jpg
  • rexona_1318.jpg?w=890&h=723
    http://kellymisa.com/2013/07/08/meet...anca-gonzalez/

Meet Rexona’s Ultimate Doers: Phil Younghusband and Bianca Gonzalez
    Posted on July 8, 2013 by kellymisa

Phil Younghusband and Bianca Gonzalez are no strangers to the public eye. We know these two from their many achievements, and we look up to them when we need to be inspired. The two definitely know how to DO: MORE–or in other words, be open to possibilities, keep busy, seek adventure, go the extra mile and push limits. They seem to know how to do more things in a day, without compromising quality of work. They are the best at what they do, and they’re showing no signs of waning.

Last June 27th, at the Enderun Tent, REXONA recognized Bianca Gonzalez and Phil Younghusband for being the Ultimate Doers. This means the two embody the brand’s lifestyle and serve as perfect examples to what it means to DO MORE.

Rexona couldn’t have chosen better endorsers. I’ve known Bianca since I began modelling. We both started out at the same time, and worked many times doing magazine editorials or fashion shows. She’s incredibly smart and already back then, sought to inform and make a difference through her blog and later on television and social media sites. She also loves to travel, and makes time to explore one exotic country after the other, doing of course, her signature cartwheel at every landmark. Today, nothing has changed, only, in a bigger scale, Bianca is making a difference. She has become a TV and media personality who uses her celebrity position to empower the youth and promote education. She is a social advocate and proactive citizen, and was named one of 2012′s Young Global Shapers by the World Economic Forum. On top of all this, she is to headline the Unilever Personal Care Teen Week, appealing to the youth about the importance of inner confidence and the ability to DO MORE.

Phil, on the other hand, I was only able to meet at the Unilever PC Summit a few months ago. He is such a pleasant, likeable guy, always with a smile on his face. Every Filipino knows who he is, not only because of his billboards all over the metro, but because he previously played with the prestigious Chelsea FC, the Philippine Azkals and the Loyola Meralco Sparks Football Club. He also co-founded the Younghusband Football Academy, where he coaches. With a level 2 UEFA coaching badge under his belt, Phil hopes to promote and develop young Filipinos’ skill and passion for football, ultimately spreading a deeper appreciation for the sport in the country. He embodies the Rexona philosophy through his efforts of training and supporting aspiring athletes–something the brand also advocates through his own initiatives.

“For years, Rexona has supported the development of sports in the youth. One example was the Youth Excellence through Sports or Y.E.S. program launched two months ago,” says Mar Corazo, Rexona Brand Manager. More importantly, however, Rexona invites all individuals to kick-start an active lifestyle by joining the annual Rexona Run On October 20. Corazo says, “It doesn’t matter whether you’re a regular runner or a first-timer, it is a perfect opportunity to get out there and challenge yourself by doing something new. With Rexona, you can always feel confident knowing you’re protected throughout the day, no matter what it is you’re doing.”
  • Latest Campaign for Hush Puppies.

998692_563158700392650_1417245862_n.jpg
  • Gatorade endorser...

337_zpsd0c66ae8.jpg
  • August 2013 issue of Menshealth...photos credit to @HappyB...

image_zpsf781269f.jpeg

image1_zps5ad2c56a.jpeg

image2_zps6ccff9e1.jpeg

941168_10151473639677337_1135525872_n.jpg