Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - Male Celebrities

Richard Yap (best known as Papa Chen and/or Sir Chief)

Kanina pa ako naghahanap ng thread about Sir Chief pero wala akong makita kaya gagawa na lang ako.

According to Wikipedia, the 45-year old actoris a Filipino-Chinese actor and businessman, best known for his role as "Papa Chen" in My Binondo Girl and in the 2012 Philippine television drama Be Careful With My Heart as "Sir Chief".

May napanood akong interview sa kanya before, sabi niya branch manager lang daw siya pero sa Twitter profile niya ang nakalagay ay Businessman. Chief nga siya. Pa-humble? :naughty:

Nga pala, may posts Ate ko tungkol kay Sir Chief, share ko lang:
Richard Yap for Beverly Hills Polo Club leather collections and Daddies on C-Lium

552433_463673377010203_1665891684_n.jpg

Comments

• oh yes! finally!

A thread for Mr. Richard Yap!

Thanks! Thanks!

I am sure the Sis/Bros of the BCWMH thread will be visiting too!
  • enola2007 wrote: »
    oh yes! finally!

A thread for Mr. Richard Yap!

Thanks! Thanks!

I am sure the Sis/Bros of the BCWMH thread will be visiting too!

present, ma'am!!!
    pa-check ng attendance :D

i-welcome ko na din ang sarili ko sa thread na ito :lol:

o mga sis/bro ... alam nyo na! bahay din natin ito kaya post na po tayo ... dalhin natin dito yung daldalan natin sa Maya's Cafe ...

GV & KBL dito *okay*
  • Richard Yap stays humble despite fame

By Glaiza Jarloc

Friday, July 6, 2012

RICHARD Yap still considers himself unpopular despite his appearances in "My Binondo Girl" and "Walang Hanggan," two of ABS-CBN's hit primetime series.

During the grand press launch of "Be Careful With My Heart," Richard's first lead role on television with Jodi Sta. Maria, the happy husband and father of two was received warmly by the entertainment press.

The Cebuano actor, who became popular in his role as "Papa Chen" to Kim Chui's character in "My Binondo Girl," said he was surprised by the big breaks he is getting and support he receives from the fans.

"It is a bit surprising for someone who just started acting last year. It is a very big break and it is a very big responsibility that has been given to me by ABS-CBN and I am very thankful for the trust. I want to show them I'm responsible enough to bring the show together and give the audience a good program," he said.

In "Be Careful With My Heart," Yap will play the role of Richard Lim, the owner and president of the company that bears his family name.

In the series, if his character could close big business deals in the boardroom, it is the total opposite with his kids. He's yet to pave a good father-son/daughter relationship after losing his wife, Vina.

At some point, Maya (Jodi's character) will enter the picture and the new nanny will help him get closer to his children and eventually fall in love again.

Richard said he hopes to deliver and surpass what is expected of him in the new series.

"It is very flattering for people to consider me (good or a heartthrob). As I've said before, I don't let it go to my head, it is just a title," he said.

Although a lot of people adores him, idolizes him and keen to have at least one photograph with him, Richard said he is still a normal guy.

He still works as a manager in a furniture company and do business on the side.

"I don't think of myself as popular. In fact, I still do the same things I do. I still go to work from taping and I still go wherever I want to go. I don't think I'm someone different from what I was before," he said.

"My family? They are all very supportive but sometimes they make fun of me, especially my kids," he added.

Richard said it helps in the business that he's seen on television regularly.

"People want to meet you. People want to take pictures with you. Those who didn't want to see you before, they want to see you now. Those who weren't your relatives, they want to be your relatives now," he jokingly said.

"Be Careful with My Heart" premiers this Monday, before "It's Showtime" on ABS-CBN. (Sunnex)

Source: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/entertainment/2012/07/06/richard-yap-stays-humble-despite-fame-230539
  • badasschickbadasschick PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    So far, puro serious businessmen ang characters niya, pero parang ang kenkoy niya in real life based on his Twitter!
  • So far, puro serious businessmen ang characters niya, pero parang ang kenkoy niya in real life based on his Twitter!

kinda' noticed that too Sis!!

until now I can't get over the the UNDASet na hirit nya!! :bop::bop:

and even during interviews...every opportunity that he can crack and make quips... winner talaga!

deadly combination nga eh!

drop dead gorgeous + terrific sense of humor = totally irresistible AKA Richard Yap!!!

nothing's more endearing than a man who can laugh and make fun of himself! cool dude talaga!!
  • Salamat sa pagdalaw mga, sis! ;)

Feeling ko rin may may pagka-kengkoy si... Sir Chief. Parang nakakailang siyang tawagin na Richard Yap. :lol:
  • sweetyCsweetyC PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Attendance lang...

PRESENT! :D

Mukhang mga regular rin sa Maya's Cafe ang mapapadpad dito :lol:
  • Good vibes!!

Everything Richard Yap!

http://vimeo.com/user10384625/videos
  • Morgen Bro/Sis...napadaan na rin dito....Richard Yap rocks....
  • Hi, guys! :)

Have you guys watched Papa Chen's new commercial? It's a pasta named Amigo Segurado.

My sister wrote about it so I'll just share her blog's link: Richard Yap for Amigo Segurado Spaghetti and Macaroni
  • I've seen that commercial. I got curious with the product. I'd like to try it. :D
  • here's another TVC of Richard
  • Naalala ko yan! Nag-post kasi si sister dear ng blog entry para riyan. Closet Richard Yap fan yun eh. :naughty: [Love you, sis!]

Parang Maya dela Rosa lang kasi ang peg ni sister, comparing our father dear with Papa Chen. Ito yung blog entry niya: Daddies on C-Lium
  • TiNyCuTiETiNyCuTiE PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    wow! at gumawa pa talaga kayo ng thread kay ser chief!*okay*

good job! hahaha.

tayo-tayo din pala dine?:bashful:
  • Oo naman. Siyempre dapat meron siyang sariling thread. We're hoping to see him more in the future eh. :D

May bagong pics si Richard Yap for Beverly Hills Polo Club.
    281591_468805919830282_573813578_n.jpg

10257_467703616607179_1364877946_n.jpg

527841_465533223490885_1432536681_n.jpg
  • more pics!

Richard_Yap_pic.jpg

AtAlex.jpg

155328_531049660257672_139004505_n.jpg
  • PaPi2010PaPi2010 Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Bida%2BKapamilya.png

Be Careful With My Heart Extended Until Mid-2013
    Posted on November 29, 2012

Jodi Sta. Maria and Richard Yap both feel blessed with how 2012 turned their careers around through their undisputed no.1 daytime TV program “Be Careful With My Heart,” which was recently announced to be extended until middle of 2013.

Jodi-and-Richard1.jpg

“Our show became the greatest gift we got this year,” said Jodi. “The privilege given to us to be a source of inspiration to many is already a very nice gift. I think it’s not only the audience who gets inspired by our characters because we, ourselves, learn so much from them.”

“The success of ‘Be Careful With My Heart’ is such a blessing. I would say that we are blessed to have everything feel-good in the show,” shared Richard. “And we’re really thankful for the support of the fans and we assure them that we’ll do our best to make you happy everyday.”

Meanwhile, when asked about their plans for Christmas, Jodi and Richard will said that they will spend it with their families.

“Christmas will be spent with my loved ones. I’m planning to cook for noche buena for my family,” said Jodi. “We are also going out of the country for a vacation. That’s my Christmas/New Year treat for them.”

“I plan to spend as much time as I can with my wife and kids this Holiday season to make up for all the times I haven’t been able to be with them due to my taping schedule,” said Richard.

Don’t miss “Be Careful With My Heart,” everyday, 11:15am, before “It’s Showtime” on ABS-CBN’s Prime-Tanghali. Also, don’t miss “Be Careful With My Heart Sabado Rewind” every Saturday, 10:30 am, before “It’s Showtime.”

For more updates, log on to www.abs-cbn.com, follow @becarefulheart on Twitter; and ‘like’ the show’s official Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/becarefulwithmyheartofficial.
  • PaPi2010PaPi2010 Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Richard Yap for Amigo Segurado Spaghetti & Macaroni
    :yum: