Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

Kailangan natin ng malaking halaga.

Kailangan natin ng malaking halaga para magamot ang kapamilya mo, ganyan ang sinasabi ng doctor.

Diba, pwede naman nilang gamutin na kahit wala pa ang malaking halaga, bayaran na lang kapag okay na?

Panu kung walang pera, mamamatay ang pasyente?

Comments

• business is business nga e.. hindi naman charity ang hospital.. yan ang realidad ng buhay!!
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Parang...pautang naman ng pagkain, babayaran na lang namen ho kayo pag mayaman na kame.

Mama pasakay babayaran na lang ho namen kayo pagnagkapera na kame.

In fact, liability sa kanila yon, pag ayos na, magsnesneak out the hospital. :glee:

It's sad to say, but doctor's/nurse's gotta eat too,

No Such Thing as Free Lunch aka Don't Get Sick aka I Don't Pay Taxes So That You Can Abuse the System
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sad fact of life, but still a fact that is why you have to prepare for it. :)
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but may batas na bawal humingi ng deposit ang hospital bago gamutin ang isang maysakit diba?

Anyway, sa business point of view, tama naman ang mga hospital, they're not charitable institutions. But, it's humane ba na tanggihan, for example ang nag-aagaw buhay na na gamutin dahil walang pera?

The best way, as much as possible sa public hospitals na lang magpagamot kapag walang panggastos.
    ^Depends on the level of acuity. That's why there are triaging areas.

If obviously someone's gonna die without immediate medical care that's illegal.

But in my experience, every single goddamned body think they are priority :glee:,

People Are Selfish aka I Cry For Chronic Pain Meds When Someone Is Obviously Dying Next To Me
  • ^ I see. But how can we draw the line of "someone's gonna die"? Minutes na lang ba ang itatagal ng buhay or hours? Is there any difference between heart attack and burst appendix?
    It's called 'medical training and experience.' :glee: Well you can't tell it's a heart attack simply by symptoms. Chest pain on a person who's 40 and younger w/o history is more than likely NOT (unless 99.9% of the time in my experience caused by drugs specifically cocaine). Burst appendix is not always easily diagnosed without imaging (ultrasound or CT). Although if and when you triage them (obviously you take their vitals and get some history) it shows more than likely that's what's going on. People always rush to emergency and say sh!t "I think my shoulder is dislocated" at the same time take a swig of soda.

That's why you need triaging. Nurses are not stupid to let someone who's got a heart rate of 140 with a systolic of 75 stay in the waiting room for long. Unless she wants to lose her license. :glee:

So don't worry about "drawing the difference" because most likely you won't understand and it's not necessarily your job. And this is what people usually don't understand---they think that their complaints always SUPERSEDE someone else's. Either from ignorance or just selfishness. The same kind of problem you see with people who fail at health because they think they're smarter than their own doctors (won't take their medicines or won't follow medical advice).

Everyone today is a goddamn diagnostician,

Web MD
  • Imagine you are a hospital-owner here in the philippines. Now a 60 year old man walks into your Emergency room with signs of stroke. With the help of his last earned money, Head Ct scan is done revealing bleeding inside his skull which seems to be expanding. He needs brain surgery immediately but you know it will probably cost him his salary for the next 50 years. The nearest public hospital that can do brain surgery is 8 hours away. The man will die within few hours without surgery. Will you allow the surgery in your hospital knowing that it will cause hundreds of thousands which will not be paid? Now imagine that will happen every other month? What will you do?

then after 1 hour a patient with appendicitis comes. This will cost considerably less than the first case and possibly surgery can wait and he can be transferred to the public hospital 50 miles away. The patient doesnt have a single dime. You know that mortality and morbidity will be lessen if antibiotics or even dextrose for hydration is given to the patient ASAP before transfer. He also needs ambulance plus gas plus manpower so that he can be transferred. Everything will probably cost more or less 1000 pesos. Being a good citizen, will you give dextrose, antibiotics prior to transfer and your ambulance with gas and your nurses to bring him to another hospital? But you also know a poor patient with no dime at all with appendicitis knocking at your emergency room is not rare. Probably you will encounter such patient every month. What will you do? Be a good samaritan or file bankruptcy?
  • bakit ganon? sa ibang bansa libre ang paospital at pa-doctor. tulad sa Canada wala kang gagastusin sa surgery at sa pag-stay mo sa ospital. pati na ang blood work, xray, ct scan etc walang bayad. wala akong alam na private hospital sa Canada. pati rin sa maraming bansa sa Europe ay libre din ang paospital at pa-doctor kasama na lahat ng procedures.

mukhang napag-iiwanan na ang Pilipinas when it comes to univesal health care
  • Ikumpara ba ang canada sa pinas :lol:
  • bakit ganon? sa ibang bansa libre ang paospital at pa-doctor. tulad sa Canada wala kang gagastusin sa surgery at sa pag-stay mo sa ospital. pati na ang blood work, xray, ct scan etc walang bayad. wala akong alam na private hospital sa Canada. pati rin sa maraming bansa sa Europe ay libre din ang paospital at pa-doctor kasama na lahat ng procedures.

well, definitely, we spend less than 5% on healthcare.

of course, we have made a lot of progress, and that's amazing for the sort of budget we have.
  • Ikumpara ba ang canada sa pinas :lol:
    that's fine. nothing wrong with comparing to good systems.

it's definitely better than comparing our system to America's, that's not really a good model to follow. :lol:
  • ... He also needs ambulance plus gas plus manpower so that he can be transferred. Everything will probably cost more or less 1000 pesos. Being a good citizen, will you give dextrose, antibiotics prior to transfer and your ambulance with gas and your nurses to bring him to another hospital? But you also know a poor patient with no dime at all with appendicitis knocking at your emergency room is not rare...
    precisely reasons why proper government resources for health are needed.

di talaga mababayaran ng mahihirap yang mga ganyan.

not to mention checkups and other preventative measures that can vastly decrease costs in the long run.

Hindi naman libre ang hospital or kung magppagamot ka sa ibang bansa kinaltasan na yan bawat sahod nila.
  • Kray0n wrote: »
    that's fine. nothing wrong with comparing to good systems.

it's definitely better than comparing our system to America's, that's not really a good model to follow. :lol:

Ha ha ha ha......may tama ka.
  • Hase wrote: »
    Hindi naman libre ang hospital or kung magppagamot ka sa ibang bansa kinaltasan na yan bawat sahod nila.

that's true lahat ng mga mamayang kumikita ay kinakaltasan sa bawat sahod nila para matustusan ang unviersal health care. kaya nga pati ang mga panhandlers at mga jobless ay libre ang pao-ospital at pa-doctor nila. pwede rin namang gawin sa Pilipinas iyan. mahigit na doble ang population ng Pinas sa Canada. Kayang kaya nilang tustusan ang free health care nla. I'm sure Pilipinas can do that too.
  • kensamorkensamor PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    that's true lahat ng mga mamayang kumikita ay kinakaltasan sa bawat sahod nila para matustusan ang unviersal health care. kaya nga pati ang mga panhandlers at mga jobless ay libre ang pao-ospital at pa-doctor nila. pwede rin namang gawin sa Pilipinas iyan. mahigit na doble ang population ng Pinas sa Canada. Kayang kaya nilang tustusan ang free health care nla. I'm sure Pilipinas can do that too.

That's only possible if everyone is paying their taxes. They can do that basta yung hindi nag-file ng TAMANG tax hindi libre.
  • NeoDynNeoDyn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    bakit ganon? sa ibang bansa libre ang paospital at pa-doctor. tulad sa Canada wala kang gagastusin sa surgery at sa pag-stay mo sa ospital. pati na ang blood work, xray, ct scan etc walang bayad. wala akong alam na private hospital sa Canada. pati rin sa maraming bansa sa Europe ay libre din ang paospital at pa-doctor kasama na lahat ng procedures.

@machindi libre ang paospital at doctor dito sa lugar ko,600€uro (almost 30 thousand pesos )per month ang bayad sa health insurance,50% lang binabayaran ko dito at ang kalahati ang company na pinapasukan ko..kapag unemployed naman,ang taxpayers ang nagbabayad..kapag sa pamilya,damay ng bread winner ang health insurance ng family.
  • that's true lahat ng mga mamayang kumikita ay kinakaltasan sa bawat sahod nila para matustusan ang unviersal health care. kaya nga pati ang mga panhandlers at mga jobless ay libre ang pao-ospital at pa-doctor nila. pwede rin namang gawin sa Pilipinas iyan. mahigit na doble ang population ng Pinas sa Canada. Kayang kaya nilang tustusan ang free health care nla. I'm sure Pilipinas can do that too.

Wala na sigurong sasahurin ang ordinaryong manggagawa dahil sa dami ng kinakaltas sa sweldo. At malamang sasamantalahin lang ng mga iskwater yan.

There's pwede and then there's pwede. Theoretical versus practical. Theoretically Pinoys can send a man on the moon.

Double ang population ng Canada; more than double din ang avg. income. (By more than double I mean triple double :glee:)

Then there's efficient tax system,

Most Pinoys Pay Indirect/Consumption Taxes Not Income Tax