PEx VERSUS: Ramon "El Presidente" Fernandez vs Robert "Big J" Jaworski !

PEx_SportsPEx_Sports Administrator PExer
[center-hidden]2qmgk6w.jpg 1826a8.jpg 2yosr4m.jpg[/center-hidden]

We have the best of the best going head-to-head, icons of Philippine basketball Ramon "El Presidente" Fernandez versus the Big J Robert Jaworski! These two are MVPs, Hall of Famers, included in the 25 Greatest Players in PBA History and were also teammates in the legendary Toyota powerhouse squad before being involved in a bitter feud. El Presidente can play all five positions on the court and is known for his dribbling skills, amazing passing ability and was virtually unstoppable in the post. Plus, he has a trademark one-handed running shot, the elegant shot. The Big J on the other hand, is the PBA's all-time leader in assists and was the first point guard to achieve 1,000 offensive and 2,000 defensive rebounds. Also, "the Living Legend" introduced the role of the playing coach.

Between these two titans of Philippine basketball, who do you think is the better basketball player?

Image source: Rogue Magazine and hoopedia.nba.com

Who do you think is the better basketball player?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 Jovitus Primus PExer
    The Big J. Lahing Ginebra eh! :glee:
  • talent wise... Mon Fernandez
    heart.... Robert Jaworski!

heart over talent perhaps? ... :love:
  • calvinabuevacalvinabueva Member PExer
    Post unrelated to the thread topic
  • mikoy747mikoy747 We are the LOVE generation ✭✭
    El Presidente!

@calvinabueva big time off topic post tsk tsk!
  • TTLTTL train hard, fight easy. ✭✭✭
    Jaworski. di ko kasi naabutan si El Presidente maglaro eh. :D

classic Jawo. kahit lay up na walang bantay lagi nakaumang ang siko. :lol:
  • popskypopsky Itatawid, ihahatid kita.. ✭✭
    Kanina pa ako hindi makapag-decide dito, hirap eh.

Ok, I'll vote for Jawo. Just comparing the his MVP year to Mon's MVP years.
  • renaissance11renaissance11 for the better ✭✭✭
    pati sa pex grabe talaga ka popular si big j

but i have to go with el presidente, talent wise ang layo eh, pati sa accomplishments

pero kung heart ang usapan it's jawo, handang manakit ito manalo lang, si fernandez naman handang masuhulan matalo lang :lol:

personally i don't think jawo is a top 5 (or even top 10) pba player of all time in terms of talent, pero he is the number 1 player the pba has produced in terms of impact, what is the evidence? he even became a senator
  • aipex42aipex42 Artistically Infected ✭✭✭
    pagdating sa senado kay jawo ako...englisero!!! :D

paehong di ko naabutan kalakasan ng 2 to eh..
  • darkwinddarkwind Pilipinas PExer
    Talent-wise, Don Ramon.

Impact: Big J
  • MajorPainMajorPain Member PExer
    I would choose Ramon Fernandez since the topic is about who is the better basketball player.

Sonny Jaworski was great indeed pero i feel na he is a bit overrated because of him over extending his career. IMHO, he should have retired sometime during the early 90s and just concentrated on a coaching career. Who the heck plays professional basketball at the age of 50:?: .. Eto din yung time na kamote ang lineup ng Ginebra.. Mukesh Advani? .. Benet Palad? And hinding-hindi ko makalimutan yung pagdraft nya kay Dudut.. naka abot pa talaga sa active roster at paminsan minsan nilalagay pa sa starting five. :lol:
  • VirtusoXXXVirtusoXXX North Pole ✭✭✭
    MajorPain wrote: »
    I would choose Ramon Fernandez since the topic is about who is th ter basketball player.

Sonny Jaworski was great indeed pero i feel na he is a bit overrated because of him over extending his career. IMHO, he should have retired sometime during the early 90s and just concentrated on a coaching career. Who the heck plays professional basketball at the age of 50:?: .. Eto din yung time na kamote ang lineup ng Ginebra.. Mukesh Advani? .. Benet Palad? And hinding-hindi ko makalimutan yung pagdraft nya kay Dudut.. naka abot pa talaga sa active roster at paminsan minsan nilalagay pa sa starting five. :lol:

I choose Idol Jawo Pasimuno ng NSD sa PBA

Who the heck plays professional basketball at the age of 50:? Yun nga 50 na pero kaya pang lumaro ng Basketball

Eto din yung time na kamote ang lineup ng Ginebra.. Mukesh Advani? .. Benet Palad? hahaha kasi di pa sya under ng SMC kaya yung budget talagang maliit lang kaya ganyan ang line-up :rotflmao:
  • MajorPainMajorPain Member PExer
    VirtusoXXX wrote: »
    I choose Idol Jawo Pasimuno ng NSD sa PBA

Who the heck plays professional basketball at the age of 50:? Yun nga 50 na pero kaya pang lumaro ng Basketball

Eto din yung time na kamote ang lineup ng Ginebra.. Mukesh Advani? .. Benet Palad? hahaha kasi di pa sya under ng SMC kaya yung budget talagang maliit lang kaya ganyan ang line-up :rotflmao:
    Actually, ang kaya niya nalang eh tumakbo, maniko at mampatid at that time.. pero to say na he was competitive during those say last 5-7 years of his playing years is insane. Biruin mo, 2 slots na kaagad ang nasayang. Slot ni Jawo at slot ni Dudut. :lol:

The thing is, everyone knows it pero no one had the guts to say it to the Big J. :D

Baka nga kung hindi pa ginawang playing assistant coach si Allan Caidic eh umabot pa ng 60yrs old si Jawo sa PBA. :lol:
  • repush-akashrepush-akash the end is near ✭✭✭
    jawo die hard ako!
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 ✭✭✭✭
    I voted on the premise of talent alone, since the topic is who's the better player. So i choose Fernandez.
  • repush-akashrepush-akash the end is near ✭✭✭
    Jess24 wrote: »
    I voted on the premise of talent alone, since the topic is who's the better player. So i choose Fernandez.

basketball player as a whole? i answered jawo. pero being a basketball player hindi lang dapat talent. dapat andyan din ang attitude at devotion to the sport as a whole. hindi din naman napagiiwanan si tatang jawo sa talent he can't boast crowns or individual awards kaya lamang na lamang jan si el presidente sa aspetong yan., sa attitude dyan medyo sablay si tatang jawo, being human as he is, mainitin, uber physical, BUT that was because OF HIM being TOO PASSIONATE AND DEVOTED TO basketball as a sport. kaya kung totality as a basketball player. sa akin hands down jawo ang panalo. pero kung mali man ang pag interpret ko kung ano ba ang aspects o totality dapat ng isang player. accepted ko naman na mas magaling si fernandez.
  • Jess24Jess24 1225 ✭✭✭✭
    basketball player as a whole? i answered jawo. pero being a basketball player hindi lang dapat talent. dapat andyan din ang attitude at devotion to the sport as a whole. hindi din naman napagiiwanan si tatang jawo sa talent he can't boast crowns or individual awards kaya lamang na lamang jan si el presidente sa aspetong yan., sa attitude dyan medyo sablay si tatang jawo, being human as he is, mainitin, uber physical, BUT that was because OF HIM being TOO PASSIONATE AND DEVOTED TO basketball as a sport. kaya kung totality as a basketball player. sa akin hands down jawo ang panalo. pero kung mali man ang pag interpret ko kung ano ba ang aspects o totality dapat ng isang player. accepted ko naman na mas magaling si fernandez.

to each his own.
  • renaissance11renaissance11 for the better ✭✭✭
    ilang beses ba nag champion ang isa't isa, kasi kung iyong nagbebenta ng laro ang basehan kaya mas magaling si jawo kay fernandez, that will be unfair, malamang hindi naman buong career ni fernandez magbebenta siya ng laro

talent no doubt it's fernandez, up to this day napapaisip ako bakit naging mahal na mahal ng tao si jawo, gusto ba ng masa iyong nanakit o talagang ramdam nila ang puso ni jawo, kasi madaming namang player na never say die ang attitude, kahit hindi ginebra ang team nila

pba naman ang tanong, siguro kung may micaa, baka i may consider jawo
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    talent wise... Mon Fernandez
    heart.... Robert Jaworski!

heart over talent perhaps? ... :love:

Heart? sino ba may pinakamaraming championship sa dalawa?
  • whiplashwhiplash Member PExer
    mon fernandez, there's no doubt in my mind. i voted based on achievements and actual basketball skills.

i will definitely vote for jaworksi kung "who's the better bruiser" ang question. :glee:
  • miron_langmiron_lang Member PExer
    As a Basketball Player its Ramon Fernandez and its not even debatable.

As an Impact player its Jaworksi, He's more popular and he had greater contribution to the PBA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file