Bacolod is top liveable PI city....

djaynitordjaynitor Cheap Executive Orderly PExer
Life must really SUCK in PI if Marikina, Makati and Manila were in the TOP FIVE.... :glee:

Read the rest:

http://ikwaderno.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/top-20-liveable-philippine-cities-of-2012/

--sent from my iPhone 8

Comments

• Bigot3AtBalbasBigot3AtBalbas Kiss me and I'll be PExer
    Akala ko sa australia city :glee:
  • JameauxJameaux Half-man half-magician PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nung umuwi ako ng Bacolod nababagalan ako sa kilos ng mga tao. Parang ambagal ng oras lagi. Napaka-laid back. Masarap mamuhay dito kung ikaw yung taong kuntento na sa kinikita mo. :glee:
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising Please do not use prohibited words in your user title to avoid sanctions. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Proud na lumaki sa Marikina. :)
  • paenggoypaenggoy Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Best to look at actual indicators compared to a standard, e.g., nutritional levels, number of LEOs per 10,000 civilians, PHP amounts per capita for public health care, etc.
  • starczamorastarczamora Sissie DaToic PEx Moderator
    As if "culture" would make a city livable. :rolleyes:
  • einhandereinhander thank god for the atheist PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    In the list, #5 ang Manila...so yeah...pass
  • ImpenneteriImpenneteri  PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I've been in Manila only once, if some people there think that Mindanao is a war torn island and wala masyadong improvements. I've always think of Manila as Gotham City without Batman and Robin and obviously a much more inept policemen. :glee:

May nakapuntang taga Manila dito sa amin (municipality) which was work related and she was surprised na malawak ang daan sa amin akala nya pang habal2x lang ang daan or yung kinorupt na daan. :glee:

Diba ang Marikina ang poor man's version of Venice?
  • judge_ojojudge_ojo Member PExer
    Culture matters if you're a tourist. lol. I can't believe QC made it to top 5. I live here in QC and I can say that life here is very very stressful. Ang hirap mag-commute!!!
  • epoymananahoepoymananaho Taho Tyrant PEx Rookie ⭐
    manila #5?
    The study just lost its credibility....
  • Para s'akin bakasyunan lang ang Bacolod.

Ok naman siguro tumira dun, kung maganda ang business mo or trabaho mo. Kaso ang init lagi sa Bacolod.
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Making Manila a liveable city makes that study questionable. The factors are weighted too much on "culture" and infrastructure" but other factors such as "safety", "commute time", "sense of community", clean environment, etc, are not included.
  • manila #5?
    The study just lost its credibility....

baka sa Makati BCD lang yung area of study. LOL
  • DavidHernandezDavidHernandez Cul?",2,"25f06952c1c5c4ae5807a0cf93a36c903sf:\jBwHJ^WO~SYUA7j$NfArG&><1
    I've been to Bacolod before. It's a nice city but I wonder why it topped the list. Perhaps the person who said so was a retiree.
  • ^Yeah, Bacolod was/is nice. Because you only went there to watch Football.
  • DavidHernandezDavidHernandez Cul?",2,"25f06952c1c5c4ae5807a0cf93a36c903sf:\jBwHJ^WO~SYUA7j$NfArG&><1
    ^Yeah, Bacolod was/is nice. Because you only went there to watch Football.
    But I went around the city while I was there. And of course, I had work.

Food was great in Bacolod but I don't think that was enough to put the City of Smiles on top.
  • romantic_guy08romantic_guy08 Captain, S.S. Love Boat PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    A 2008 issue of Money Sense magazine also listed Bacolod as the Best place to live.

http://moneysense.com.ph/editors-note/best-places-to-live/
  • einhandereinhander thank god for the atheist PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    livable pala manila ha, halika at lumakad ka mag isa sa isang iskinita sa tondo ng madaling araw. tignan natin kung "livable" pa rin kalagayan mo tapos mong matubo sa tagiliran.
  • EdithBEdithB Member PExer
    It's from an internet site with no credentials listed. Not to be taken seriously.
  • dreamerscapedreamerscape Member PExer
    The study is based on a lot of things. Some significant and applicable. Some probably not. Why cities like Manila are included is because it has been evaluated apart from the neighboring cities and not the whole metro. Take into consideration that earning opportunities in Manila are abundant, good paying and have a wide range of variety. So that can explain why that city is liveable.

Don't bash on the researchers. They only gathered data, tallied them and this result came out.

With regard to credibility, I wonder when will we trust credibility. When we like the result? When our city is on top?
  • boy_banoboy_bano Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    spent a few of my summers here. panalo bacolod.

kahit ano tumutubo. kahit maliit na lot lang ng sugar cane buhay ka na. andito (as far as i can remember) mga planta ng tanduay, san miguel, coca-cola atbp. so may sure buyer na.

kung hindi nursing ang dominant na course dito, maritime yata para sa mga aspiring seaman.

laid back mga tao dito pero alam mong may kaya. sa gabi panalo rin mo2 at yung sa caltex(?) sa may harap ng robinsons. kinis ng mga chicks at sobraaannggg lambing

sobrang laid back at livable la nga yung iba nawawalan ng ambisyon..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file