Call Center Job in US

I found out from a friend that certain BPOs or Call Center Companies send employees to the U.S. Others for conferences, etc. but they also help some employees to work there. I work for a multinational BPO and I am hoping to go to the U.S. According to what I read here, it is really possible.

What other multinational call center companies send their employees to U.S.?
«1

Comments

  • KopeLandKopeLand Member PExer
    First of all, in my opinion, malaki ang difference between a Call Center company and a "real" BPO company. A Call Center only offers a inbound/outbound call services, while a "real" BPO company, offers different kinds of services such as hiring, consulting, software development, call center services of course, and etc. I highlighted the word "real" BPO company because I know that a lot of purely Call Center companies in the Philippines already consider themselves a BPO company.

    So with that, kung sa call center ka, mostly ang chance mo na mapadala outside the country is kung kailangan mo lang ng training, which is more or less 1 - 3 weeks lang.

    But if you are working on a "real" BPO company, depende sa position mo and on the kind of service you are doing, mas malaki ang chance na ma-assign ka offsite sa mga clients. Examples are yung mga System Analyst or developer that would sometime needs to work closely with the clients. Ito yung sinasabi dyan sa article about lateral transfer. But again, kung sa real BPO ka nga nag wo-work, but you are only doing call center services, medyo mahihirapan ka unless they send you for training.
  • tazjhaietazjhaie Member PExer
    possible if you are on a managerial or higher position...
  • kapopoy2010kapopoy2010 You get out what you put in PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    tazjhaie wrote: »
    possible if you are on a managerial or higher position...

    Not necessarily. You can have a specialist position and need US training. If you get enough training, they might keep you abroad.
  • Thanks for this.
  • KopeLand wrote: »
    First of all, in my opinion, malaki ang difference between a Call Center company and a "real" BPO company. A Call Center only offers a inbound/outbound call services, while a "real" BPO company, offers different kinds of services such as hiring, consulting, software development, call center services of course, and etc. I highlighted the word "real" BPO company because I know that a lot of purely Call Center companies in the Philippines already consider themselves a BPO company.

    So with that, kung sa call center ka, mostly ang chance mo na mapadala outside the country is kung kailangan mo lang ng training, which is more or less 1 - 3 weeks lang.

    But if you are working on a "real" BPO company, depende sa position mo and on the kind of service you are doing, mas malaki ang chance na ma-assign ka offsite sa mga clients. Examples are yung mga System Analyst or developer that would sometime needs to work closely with the clients. Ito yung sinasabi dyan sa article about lateral transfer. But again, kung sa real BPO ka nga nag wo-work, but you are only doing call center services, medyo mahihirapan ka unless they send you for training.

    Thank you for this.
  • pit bullpit bull Fafable PExer
    Nun 2005, after hiring... New Employee and English Training for 2 weeks, then lipad na kami to US for a 3-month training. 3 kami nun. Engineering account kami nun, Level 1 agent. Majority sa division namin pinapadala abroad for training... may isa pa samin around the world in 2 years to attend meetings, TL lang yun. Yung mga manager samin ang di pinapadala. Strict na di pwede mag trabaho dun lalo kung ang visa is B1/B2 lang... kung work kase, dapat working visa ang papakuha sayo.
  • snoopy888snoopy888 Member PExer
    I worked in an a-lister call center before and wala akong narinig about this. I guess it depends on the account and the level of difficulty and technicality nung account. I concur with kopeland na more or less if you're doing real BPO works than the simple inbound/outbound call, you are more likely to be sent outside for training or relocation.
  • knorrknorr 8anned by Abmin PExer
    marami akong alam na call center agent sa India ang punta :lol:
  • pit bull wrote: »
    Nun 2005, after hiring... New Employee and English Training for 2 weeks, then lipad na kami to US for a 3-month training. 3 kami nun. Engineering account kami nun, Level 1 agent. Majority sa division namin pinapadala abroad for training... may isa pa samin around the world in 2 years to attend meetings, TL lang yun. Yung mga manager samin ang di pinapadala. Strict na di pwede mag trabaho dun lalo kung ang visa is B1/B2 lang... kung work kase, dapat working visa ang papakuha sayo.

    Wow ang galing naman. May I ask kung anong company 'to?
  • storbo1229storbo1229 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    while there's nothing wrong in looking for call center companies that send their guys in the US, baka madismaya ka lang if you applied for that job, get accepted tapos hindi ka pala ipapadala for a business trip. i have been on that shoes. basta don't expect too much coz it hurts when you're waiting for that "moment" tapos di dumating hehe..
  • storbo1229 wrote: »
    while there's nothing wrong in looking for call center companies that send their guys in the US, baka madismaya ka lang if you applied for that job, get accepted tapos hindi ka pala ipapadala for a business trip. i have been on that shoes. basta don't expect too much coz it hurts when you're waiting for that "moment" tapos di dumating hehe..

    Yeah, I have been through that before...hindi business trip but a promotion. Kaya lumipat ako ng ibang company.
  • KopeLandKopeLand Member PExer
    you said you are working on a multinational company? anong company ba yan?
    remember, usually yung mga pinapadala abroad are those who are really doing great on their job as a reward. And dapat ang hanapin mong work ay yung tugma sa course na natapos mo. And mag gain ka ng experience and excel. Madami kse ngayong mga, for example tapos ng engineering but nag tya tyaga sa mga call center.
  • snoopy888snoopy888 Member PExer
    KopeLand wrote: »
    you said you are working on a multinational company? anong company ba yan?
    remember, usually yung mga pinapadala abroad are those who are really doing great on their job as a reward.

    I agree. These companies won't waste money and effort in sending you abroad kung wala naman silang nakikitang potential sayo in succeeding and contributing success to the company.
  • knorr wrote: »
    marami akong alam na call center agent sa India ang punta :lol:

    Ako rin may mga kilala :lol: Pero ayoko sumama sa kanila. :rotflmao:
  • guantanamero99guantanamero99 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    pit bull wrote: »
    Nun 2005, after hiring... New Employee and English Training for 2 weeks, then lipad na kami to US for a 3-month training. 3 kami nun. Engineering account kami nun, Level 1 agent. Majority sa division namin pinapadala abroad for training... may isa pa samin around the world in 2 years to attend meetings, TL lang yun. Yung mga manager samin ang di pinapadala. Strict na di pwede mag trabaho dun lalo kung ang visa is B1/B2 lang... kung work kase, dapat working visa ang papakuha sayo.

    Talk to an immigration lawyer. According to the article in the first post, there are ways to stay LEGALLY.
  • kissperinkissperin Member PExer
    knorr wrote: »
    marami akong alam na call center agent sa India ang punta :lol:

    LOL! sobrang natawa ko. may kumagat ba na pinoy?
  • chlaechlae Member PExer
    this is interesting.
  • rizza32rizza32 Member PExer
    I'm not sure about the US jobs but perhaps because I've heard from friends in call centers that some are sent to Singapore and other Asian countries to work there. So maybe it's possible to sent and work in the US as a call center agent.
  • superhumblesuperhumble The Devil PExer
    rizza32 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the US jobs but perhaps because I've heard from friends in call centers that some are sent to Singapore and other Asian countries to work there. So maybe it's possible to sent and work in the US as a call center agent.

    Yes, it IS true. I know of SIX former colleagues who were sent to the USA. All at the expense of the company. Now they are all green card holders there. Name of company? Hewlett-Packard

    I could have been one of them. But I had just gotten married.

    Don't ask how the marriage worked. That's off-topic na....

    :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
  • ofumamamiaofumamamia Member PExer
    While there are call center companies who offer this kind of opportunity, it is better to look for other options if you want to go to the U.S. There are many immigration lawyers who can assist you into the best way to get to U.S. legally. Although you have to spend money, your chances are higher rather than wait for a certain company to send you to U.S.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file