To The Beautiful You (Hana Kimi, Korean Version)

kha55imkha55im Researcher PExer
tothebeautifulyouminhosulli_zps6158bf96.jpg

Starring SHINee's Choi MinHo as Kang ****-joon and f(x)'s Sulli as Goo Jae-hee

The series centers on Goo Jae-hee (Sulli), a Korean girl who lives in the United States. One day, she sees a track and field competition on TV, and becomes inspired by a gold medalist high jump competitor, Kang ****-joon (Minho). She begins to idolize the young athlete but **** Joon suffers an accident that could potentially end his career. Therefore, to see ****-joon jump again, Jae-hee disguises herself as a boy and attends the same school as ****-joon. (c/o wikipedia)

320px-To_The_Beautiful_You-poster_zps74c4cf0e.jpg

to-the-beautiful-you-group-2_zps3af804cf.jpg

20120801_tothebeautifulyou_poster_1_zps5916ea9d.jpg

Screen-Shot-2012-07-24-at-74252-PM_zpse47ce1f7.png

Main cast

fxsullitothebeautifulyoupresscon18_zpsfa8709d3.jpg

Sulli Choi as Goo Jae-hee (Mizuki Ashiya) - She disguises herself as a male and transfers to ****-joon’s school to help him high jump again. Her english name is Jay.

****-Joon-To-The-Beautiful-You-ep-1-to-the-beautiful-you-31837382-1024-576_zpsdaf99078.jpg

Choi Minho as Kang ****-joon (Izumi Sano) - Kang Chan-hee as young Kang ****-joon. He is a high jump gold medalist, who gives up high jumping after being injured.

TTBY01-00087_zpsef426bd1.jpg

Lee Hyun Woo as Cha Eun-gyeol (Shuichi Nakatsu) - He is charming soccer player and with his talents, good looks, and positive attitude, he receives a lot of love from girls. However, in reality, he’s an innocent boy who hasn’t been in love yet.

Comments

• jennilinejenniline Member PExer
    you love minho too?

hope this drama will succeed here in philippines. please request the mod to imerge my thread into this. but i think it's better to put ABS-CBN's To The Beautiful You (Hana Kimi). from now on i'll visit here and spazz about drama.
  • kha55imkha55im Researcher PExer
    jenniline wrote: »
    you love minho too?

hope this drama will succeed here in philippines. please request the mod to imerge my thread into this. but i think it's better to put ABS-CBN's To The Beautiful You (Hana Kimi). from now on i'll visit here and spazz about drama.

Yes, I love MinHo, too :) And it is sad not to see him again in another SM Town concert. This time in Indonesia :(

But yes, I also wish this drama will become popular here.

How do I go about putting ABS-CBN's in this thread? Can I do that?
    SHINee visits Minho and f(x)’s Sulli on the set of ‘To the Beautiful You’

tumblr_maq7gvHsck1rw6isfo1_500_zpsa927baaa.jpg

SHINee recently visited the set of ‘To the Beautiful You‘ to show their support for fellow member Minho and labelmate f(x)‘s Sulli and shared a friendly snapshot.

The photo shows SHINee smiling at the camera with co-stars Minho and Sulli and showing their V signs. Fans were especially pleased to see the close friendship between the members. An insider also revealed that before Jonghyun even got out of the vehicle upon arrival onto the set, he began to call in a loud voice, “Minho yah~”, showing how much he missed his member. Sulli was also visited by her group, f(x), last week as well.

A representative revealed, “Sulli and Minho who currently have busy schedules are very thankful for the support of SHINee and f(x) who came all the way to visit them. The two of them have continued to film with more energy after SHINee and f(x) arrived.”

source: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/09/shinee-visits-minho-and-fxs-sulli-on-the-set-of-to-the-beautiful-you
    kha55im wrote: »
    SHINee visits Minho and f(x)’s Sulli on the set of ‘To the Beautiful You’

i don't know where to contact the mod.
  • PoachedPigPoachedPig Pig and Pink :3 PExer
    Sino ba na acquire ng rights ng To the Beautiful You? Maganda sana kung sa ABS-CBN to ipalabas...

Ang tagal pa ng thursday, can't wait for episode 13 nah :blushing:
    PoachedPig wrote: »
    Sino ba na acquire ng rights ng To the Beautiful You? Maganda sana kung sa ABS-CBN to ipalabas...

Hello! Welcome dito :) According to tweets, ABS-CB bought the rights :)
    PoachedPig wrote: »

nasalistahan ng ABS-CBN ang TTBY, baka next year na ipalabas since marami pang nakahelera ng drama.
    nasalistahan ng ABS-CBN ang TTBY, baka next year na ipalabas since marami pang nakahelera ng drama.

Hopefully maka visit dito si Minho and Sulli to promote the drama. Fighting! :lol:
    Hopefully maka visit dito si Minho and Sulli to promote the drama. Fighting! :lol:

sana mainterview rin sila :love:
  • #1 critic#1 critic Member PExer
    This show is so angsty. Why do K-dramas always have to be so angsty?
    #1 critic wrote: »
    This show is so angsty. Why do K-dramas always have to be so angsty?

first of all, it's a comic base. kang taejoon started angsty but his personality improves in each episode.
  • jeanicaaajeanicaaa Member PExer
    Gosh, this is exciting! Good thing ABS got this :) Another good choice
    jeanicaaa wrote: »
    Gosh, this is exciting! Good thing ABS got this :) Another good choice

Agree! It's been a while that ABS has been showing feel good kdramas :)
    sana mainterview rin sila :love:

I'd like that :) And a mini-concert please. :lol:
    The drama is gaining popularity overseas despite of the ratings in South Korea.

On September 23, according to an official (representative) they had talks with Japan broadcast channels and they already agreed and having rights to air the drama in their country and also contract underway for China , Taiwan and other Asian countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines,Thailand and
    Vietnam as well for having rights to air in their respective countries. They are getting more inquiries from several countries for the drama.

[email protected] foreseen channels of airing TTBY in Asian countries:

In Japan, it's fuji tv because hana kimi japanese version was aired in that channel.

In Taiwan, i think it's gtv because hana kimi taiwan was aired there

in china, i thinks it's cts because of hana kimi taiwan was aired there.

In Philippines, i think it's abs-cbn (confirmed), because i read somewhere about upcoming asian dramas in their country. also hana kimi taiwan was aired there.
    The drama is gaining popularity overseas despite of the ratings in South Korea.

On September 23, according to an official (representative) they had talks with Japan broadcast channels and they already agreed and having rights to air the drama in their country and also contract underway for China , Taiwan and other Asian countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines,Thailand and
    Vietnam as well for having rights to air in their respective countries. They are getting more inquiries from several countries for the drama.

[email protected] foreseen channels of airing TTBY in Asian countries:

In Japan, it's fuji tv because hana kimi japanese version was aired in that channel.

In Taiwan, i think it's gtv because hana kimi taiwan was aired there

in china, i thinks it's cts because of hana kimi taiwan was aired there.

In Philippines, i think it's abs-cbn (confirmed), because i read somewhere about upcoming asian dramas in their country. also hana kimi taiwan was aired there.

Personally, I don't care about the ratings of this drama in Korea. I have once watched one episode in livestream and most of the viewers watch thru their ipads. I am not so sure how the ratings go about in Korea. Counted ba yung nanonood sa kani kanilang ipads? :lol:

Of course most of the teenage girls in Korea would prefer watching ttby in their own private room kesa sa sala with their parents. :lol: Eh kug kiligin at andun sina Mama at Papa? :lol:

Oh well papel, bring it here in Philippines and other Asian countries, we will see then. #yabangko :naughty:
    Personally, I don't care about the ratings of this drama in Korea. I have once watched one episode in livestream and most of the viewers watch thru their ipads. I am not so sure how the ratings go about in Korea. Counted ba yung nanonood sa kani kanilang ipads? :lol:

Of course most of the teenage girls in Korea would prefer watching ttby in their own private room kesa sa sala with their parents. :lol: Eh kug kiligin at andun sina Mama at Papa? :lol:

Oh well papel, bring it here in Philippines and other Asian countries, we will see then. #yabangko :naughty:

nagrereasearch ako sa korean portals like naver, even koreans don't understand why it has low ratings since they are watching it. but i think the massive online watching and live streaming really hurts the rating. kaya nga pagpinalabas na dito sa pilipinas gusto ko mapanood ulit ;)
    402646_459221674100612_300710914_n.jpg

insert ko lang OTP natin <3

Ang kyut kyut talaga nila. :love: Everytime I watch ttby, I really see a different Minho from the Minho we watch in concerts, guestings. Sa drama kasi he is so serious but when he is onstage especially with the rest of SHINee, dun lumalabas talaga pagiging second to the yougest nya :) He is such a kid on stage.
    nagrereasearch ako sa korean portals like naver, even koreans don't understand why it has low ratings since they are watching it. but i think the massive online watching and live streaming really hurts the rating. kaya nga pagpinalabas na dito sa pilipinas gusto ko mapanood ulit ;)

Okay lang yan :) Feeling ko kahit mataas pa ratings nito, they won't get extended. I must admit wini-wish ko talaga na ma extend kaso madami na din fans si Minho at SHINee that are complaining kasi he has been missing in SHINes's performances. Isa na ako dun. :lol:

It is down to its last 4 episodes :mecry: Nalulungkot talaga ako. Then wala pang duet yung MinSul for the OST. Unfair! :grrr:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file