Home PEx Sports Sports Zone

Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez IV

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
December 8 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas
Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez will embark on a three-city international media tour, beginning Monday in Beverly Hills, Calif. to officially announce Pacquiao-Marquez 4. Pacquiao and Marquez, who have won world titles in 12 weight divisions between them, will collide on December 8 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Joining Pacquiao and Marquez on the tour will be their respective trainers, Freddie Roach and Ignacio “Nacho” Beristain, and promoters Bob Arum, Todd duBoef and Fernando Beltran.

Promoted by Top Rank in association with MP Promotions, Zanfer Promotions, Marquez Boxing, Tecate and MGM Grand, Pacquiao-Marquez 4 will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View.

The Big Apple will serve as the other site for the U.S. portion of the Pacquiao-Marquez IV media tour on Wednesday, September 19 with a morning news conference and the media tour will conclude on Friday in Mexico City, where Pacquiao and Marquez will meet with tens of thousands of Marquez fans at the final press conference, which will be open to the public.

thoughts?

Comments

• keehlnatekeehlnate PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    fearless forecast: Marquez will win via decision.
  • ValorianValorian PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    meh, masyado ng distracted si pacquiao sa kung ano ano, jack of all trade, master of none na ang peg..hindi na din ako masosorpresa kung manalo si marquez dito..pansin ko pag napapanood ko laban nya vs marquez e hirap sya noon, paano pa kaya ngayon?
  • KARTOGKARTOG PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    This is one fight where I feel Pacquiao will lose badly.

Marquez has his style all figured out.

The only reason Marquez couldn't get the judges' nod is because he isn't the offensive force that Morales is.

Now that the Mexican warrior has the sentiments of the whole boxing public on his side as a result of perceived bias against him in their previous fights, he can still afford to just fight his natural game and when the smoke clears the judges will award him the W even if the fourth match is as close as the other ones. As Roach said, they'll be four rounds down when the first round starts on December 8.
  • KARTOGKARTOG PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Not to mention the whole disappointment of still not seeing the megafight with Floyd happen, even at this late stage of Manny's career.

It may seem a little mean, but I am somewhat expecting this fight will tank in terms of pay-per-view buys and gate receipts.

Manny has underwhelmed in his last four fights, and most observers get the impression he is only going to lessen his legacy by fighting on in spite of, some think, diminishing skills.

I think the December date was the best schedule to fight Floyd. And by the looks of it, Arum has locked on Marquez for the date and apparently forever unmade this one megafight that the whole world has been waiting for.
  • not the fight the people want to see.
  • ImpenneteriImpenneteri PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    not interested.
    hindi ko nakikita yung boxing pride ng mga mexicano kay pacquiao, pera pera na lang e..kung may pride siya bilang boksingero, pinatulan na nya si mayweather at hindi na inintindi ang hatiaan sa kita, siguro naman kung natalo nya yun, hahataw ang endorsements nya, dun na lang sya bumawi
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    KARTOG wrote: »
    This is one fight where I feel Pacquiao will lose badly.

Marquez has his style all figured out.

The only reason Marquez couldn't get the judges' nod is because he isn't the offensive force that Morales is.

Now that the Mexican warrior has the sentiments of the whole boxing public on his side as a result of perceived bias against him in their previous fights, he can still afford to just fight his natural game and when the smoke clears the judges will award him the W even if the fourth match is as close as the other ones. As Roach said, they'll be four rounds down when the first round starts on December 8.

Agree. At this late stage, I can't imagine Pac being motivated in training. Perhaps, Roach would find a way to make Pac interested - to prove himself that he's really better than Marquez. But he had at least two chances to prove that already in the past - and yet, Marquez seems to know what buttons to push.

I felt the only person that can bring the old fire in Pacquiao back is Floyd. Not just because of the money involved but it will also prove to everyone who's really the best in the world. If Pac wins via a KO against JMM, would people's views change on him? But a victory against Floyd would change all that - there won't be any doubters anymore and the lingering question as to who's better will finally be resolved.

I don't like it. I really feel Manny will lose this one. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Gide0nGide0n PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    At this point, parang wala ng pakialam si Pacquiao kung matalo o masira man ang legacy nya sa boxing. Talagang pera na lang ang habol ni Manny ngayon.
  • renaissance11renaissance11 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i still believe in manny... after all these years, ilang beses na niya tayo pinasaya, even the last fight talo naman niya si bradley convincingly, so hindi pa muna ako sasali sa bandwagon of doubt
    mukhang magkakaron pa ng:
    Pacquiao-Marquez V
    ^parang iphone 5 lang ang dating
  • Sinisira ni Arum ang career ni Pacquiao. Wala na yata pakialam si Pacquiao sa legacy niya. Kaya madami nagagalit now kay Manny sa mga boxing forums kasi parang naging alipin lang siya ni greedy Bob Arum. Hinde maganda yung last 4 fights niya. Hinde na matutuloy yang Mayweather and Pacquiao fight na yan. And kung matuloy man eh pareho ng matanda sina FMJ and MP.
  • for_one_for_one_ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Pwede paki gawa na rin ng thread na Pacquiao-Marquez V, VI, VII, and so on. Mukhang ganun ang mangyayari na namn eh.
  • PExkyPExky PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    What I think Filipinos should do is boycott Manny's fight this time around. Not because I hate Manny and his recent decisions. We need to do this because we love Manny. If people continue to watch his not so good fights, he and Bob will think that it is alright to dish out these kind of fights. We must let them know that we need more substance/quality than this.
    ^
    dapat matagal ng ginawa yan simula nung nag fail yung negotiations ng Mayweather fight. Wala na ding magagawa yan ngayon baka last fight na to ni Manny eh dahil may eleksyon next year.
  • PorkChop :o)PorkChop :o) PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i've been an avid manny pacquiao supporter even had a chance to watch him live in vegas.. lahat ng laban nya binili ko sa PPV .. pero this time.. I think i'll pass

di na kasi sya yung pacman na hinangaan ko.. nawala na yung pinoy pride na dala-dala nya..

parang pera-pera na lang talaga .. pareho na sila ni arum mukhang pera.

saka isa pa.. ano pang motivation nya para labanan si marquez wala na..
    mas gutom sa panalo si marquez.. mukhang sa puntong yon pa lang.. tagilid sya dito...

i'd rather na last game nya si MW pero baka dito mapupuruhan na sya.

wag sana sya magaya sa mga great boxers na mayaman nga gulay naman.
  • PorkChop :o)PorkChop :o) PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nalason na masyado ni arum at Koncz ang utak ni pacman.. sayang!
  • Gide0n wrote: »
    At this point, parang wala ng pakialam si Pacquiao kung matalo o masira man ang legacy nya sa boxing. Talagang pera na lang ang habol ni Manny ngayon.

tama ka dyan bro noong una kailangan nyang magsumikap para sumikat at yumaman ngayong sikat na sya d na niya kailangang magsumikap dahil sikat na sya at mayaman na pero para sa akin pacquiao pa rin ang mananalo at mas delikado c marquez sa laban na ito abangan nyo.:rotflmao:
  • agree ako sa mga post dito. anyway, hndi na ako magpost dahil im done with boxing. ufc na lang at basketball lol.