COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

I think I may be paying too much for my Water Bill

I live in a low-rise condo with my own utility submeters. I receive my Meralco bill just fine, but my water bill is provided for by the owner himself.

There are three of us sharing a studio, with my roommates doing their laundry there. I didn't mind my water bill before, I actually thought it was pretty cheap. But my friend and I got to compare our billing statements and we realized we may not be paying for our fair share.

Here's my current water bill:
Present Reading: July 11, 2012 = 2.3
Previous Reading: June 11, 2012 = 1.7
Difference = .6
Rate = 478.79

Total Water Bill = PHP 287.27

I decided to check the Manila Water tariff rates (I live in Mandaluyong). I'd fall under Consuming 10 cu.m. or less, right? Then my rate should have been 58.73/conn. Which would mean I should be paying PHP 35.238. Or am I wrong? How is it really computed? The rates I've been seeing in my past water bills are always in the range of 200 to 400.

Also, can someone teach me how to read the water submeter? Because if I'm being really cheated here, I want to confirm with my own eyes so I can confront the admin.

Please help, guys.

Comments

• yodgeeyodgee Member PExer
    sir yung 35.28 sa lifeline consumer yun at hindi living sa apartment or condo. hindi kayo kasama sa discount.

kahit hindi nyo gamitin yung water mag fafall pa rin kayo sa minimum rate ng maynilad.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/112535/manila-water-maynilad-bare-new-rates-for-2012
  • jasperjuganjasperjugan Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    meron ngang episode si Ted Failon regarding dyan - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151072496728425&set=a.130510528424.98977.121204928424&type=1

specially on hidden charges, like the ones for projects never started yet
  • pano ba mag compute pag naka submeter?
    yung landlord namin sinisingil kami ng 150 pesos per head eh, di naman nya sinabi na ganun ang singilan pero may submeter daw kami, di lang daw sya marunong mang compute
  • pinay_paypinay_pay Member PExer
    hi,my tenant is facing the same prob. Her water bill is higher than usual. It is a submeter of the entire water meter in the low rise condo. I provide her the bill (which is also given to us by the condo assoc). Even I was confused why the bill is really high. When we compared it to ours, guess what?? it is around P68/cubic meter while ours(where we live) is around P8/cubic meter . So we also complained to condo assoc why there's a huge difference. It is because their water connection is INDUSTRIAL. We have known that ALL new condos are always connected by Manila water with category of industrial and not residential, sabi nila this is a requirement for all condo. Then what condominiums do is just convert it to RESIDENTIAL connection later pag naka move in na lahat and everything is settled. SO I am guessing that is your case. To lessen my tenant's frustration, I agreed to just free the cable charge connection(since I am the one paying for it and she pays me). So para na ding nahati/nalibre yung water bill nya. Will charge her normal rate pag naconvert na which is curerntly in progress. It would be better to ask the condo admin/assoc and confirm if industrial nga.
  • pinay_paypinay_pay Member PExer
    pano ba mag compute pag naka submeter?
    yung landlord namin sinisingil kami ng 150 pesos per head eh, di naman nya sinabi na ganun ang singilan pero may submeter daw kami, di lang daw sya marunong mang compute

madali lang po yan, ask her to show you the water bill. deduct your sub meter's cubic meter to her water bills cubic meter then yun anf consumption nyo. So dapat monitored nyo din per month ilan ang inandar ng sub meter nyo para makuha nyo ang diff. tapos yung water bill ex. P900 divide mo yan sa total cubic meter ex. 17 (not real stat ha, hindi ganito presyuhan ngayon). so P900/17cubic meter =52. so lalabas P52 per cubic meter. tapos yung 52 itimes mo naman sa sub meter consumption mo. ex. last reading is 12, tapos this month is 15 so my 3 cubic meter consumption ka. so 3x52 =156 yung sayo. kanya yung P744(900-156). correct me if wrong pero ganyan ang computation ko sa tenants ko :D
  • pinay_pay wrote: »
    madali lang po yan, ask her to show you the water bill. deduct your sub meter's cubic meter to her water bills cubic meter then yun anf consumption nyo. So dapat monitored nyo din per month ilan ang inandar ng sub meter nyo para makuha nyo ang diff. tapos yung water bill ex. P900 divide mo yan sa total cubic meter ex. 17 (not real stat ha, hindi ganito presyuhan ngayon). so P900/17cubic meter =52. so lalabas P52 per cubic meter. tapos yung 52 itimes mo naman sa sub meter consumption mo. ex. last reading is 12, tapos this month is 15 so my 3 cubic meter consumption ka. so 3x52 =156 yung sayo. kanya yung P744(900-156). correct me if wrong pero ganyan ang computation ko sa tenants ko :D

thank you.

try ko compute pag dating ng water bill namin
  • yodgeeyodgee Member PExer
    sa akin naman me computer shop ako sa harap ng bahay walang CR yung shop. hindi kami gumagamit ng water sa shop. nagtaka ako naging industrial yung bill namin. ang sabi ng maynilad since isang lot lang daw yun di na daw residential yun. ang point ko lang naman bakit ako sisingilin eh di naman ako gumagamit ng tubig nila for my business.
  • gentle_toucheegentle_touchee Member PExer
    pinay_pay wrote: »
    hi,my tenant is facing the same prob. Her water bill is higher than usual. It is a submeter of the entire water meter in the low rise condo. I provide her the bill (which is also given to us by the condo assoc). Even I was confused why the bill is really high. When we compared it to ours, guess what?? it is around P68/cubic meter while ours(where we live) is around P8/cubic meter . So we also complained to condo assoc why there's a huge difference. It is because their water connection is INDUSTRIAL. We have known that ALL new condos are always connected by Manila water with category of industrial and not residential, sabi nila this is a requirement for all condo. Then what condominiums do is just convert it to RESIDENTIAL connection later pag naka move in na lahat and everything is settled. SO I am guessing that is your case. To lessen my tenant's frustration, I agreed to just free the cable charge connection(since I am the one paying for it and she pays me). So para na ding nahati/nalibre yung water bill nya. Will charge her normal rate pag naconvert na which is curerntly in progress. It would be better to ask the condo admin/assoc and confirm if industrial nga.

Hi,

We are facing the same problem. Is this still the price of water per cubic in a condo nowadays?
  • rutherandsammyrutherandsammy Member PExer
    Is there like an official bill for those using submeter or is it the same with Maynilad bill? Because our landlord is just giving us our monthly bill using a piece of 1/4 pad paper with just her writings on it. I'm just living with my wife and kid so it's just the three of us there but our last bill reached 477 pesos. I know how to compute it already but I want to know if the water consumed that she's putting is legit or if something's going on already. HOW CAN I VALIDATE IF SHE'S CHARGING CORRECTLY BASED ON OUR ACTUAL USAGE?
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    in your situation, you really don't have a right to complain.

the land lord is doing his/ her best to properly divide your share of the water bill as much he/ she can.

all he cares about is mabayaran ang utang ninyo every month and hindi kayo maputulan ng metro.

most likely, pag one of you are behind with the payment, sya pa ang nag aabuno.

wala ka talagang makukuhag resibo. the important thin is, she pays the bill ever month for you.
  • aboutStuffaboutStuff Member PExer
    Is there like an official bill for those using submeter or is it the same with Maynilad bill? Because our landlord is just giving us our monthly bill using a piece of 1/4 pad paper with just her writings on it. I'm just living with my wife and kid so it's just the three of us there but our last bill reached 477 pesos. I know how to compute it already but I want to know if the water consumed that she's putting is legit or if something's going on already. HOW CAN I VALIDATE IF SHE'S CHARGING CORRECTLY BASED ON OUR ACTUAL USAGE?

We're having the same issue with our landlord. By any chance sa Teachers village din po ba kayo?

Before kami lumipat we were paying at most P150 pero two months ago, sa first week namen before dumating yung bill, with a consumption of around 3 cu.m., P150 yung pinagbayad samen. The next full month naman, for a consumption of 9cu.m. we had to pay around P350. Matitiis pa namen yun at that point pero yung recent notice ng bill is biglang mahigit P600 na (not sure how many cu.m. coz di pa dumadating yung notice, tinext lang).

Anyway, after calculating the rates na handwritten dun sa small piece of bond paper na labeled as Notice of Billing, I checked it against the updated tariff ng Manila Water and deduced na classified under business ata yung binabayaran namin. So I requested the owner to attach a photocopy ng actuall bill ng mother meter para mabusisi. From the get-go kasi we were adamant na sana bigyan muna kami ng copy before kami magbayad. Nagagree naman ang owner after namen tawagan pero itong Notice of Billing lang din yung binigay na handwritten sa papel. At least the photocopy should corroborate yung nakasulat sa papel para walang doubts whatsoever coz trust is fine pero regarding fiscal matters, mabuti na yung may official document.

I'm not throwing accusations on the landlord regarding overcharging or anything like that. I just want to have it on record na tama yung binabayaran namen by double checking with Manila Water the status nung bill namen. Kasi di naman ata makatarungan na for commercial use yung binabayaran naming tubig eh residential naman yung rinentahan namen dito. If and when mabasa na namin yung bill at maconfirm na commercial nga bayad dito, at least we can engage the owner to take appropriate action sa Manila water to convert our billing to residential. In that way, mas permanent yung solution as in it's good for future tenants as well. Win-win ika nga.

in your situation, you really don't have a right to complain.

the land lord is doing his/ her best to properly divide your share of the water bill as much he/ she can.

all he cares about is mabayaran ang utang ninyo every month and hindi kayo maputulan ng metro.

most likely, pag one of you are behind with the payment, sya pa ang nag aabuno.

wala ka talagang makukuhag resibo. the important thin is, she pays the bill ever month for you.

Of course we understand the point of view of the owner pero saying na wala kaming right magcomplain is going too far. Without complaining how could we ever spot areas of improvement which, when discussed and ironed out, would be beneficial to all parties? Both sides have their circumstances but they should be afforded to practice their right when they feel something is out of the norms. At the very least let us air out our grievance kahit dito lang sa forum. We are, after all, looking for some solution and not asking for a sermon of sorts.
  • HappyFairy83HappyFairy83 Member PExer
    pinay_pay wrote: »

Hi Mam, using ur sample computation, pano po kung bagong kabit ang submeter? San po kukunin ang difference (the example was 3 cu.meter) kung wala pa pong last reading na pwdeng pagbasehan? Thanks po
  • Pahelp naman po. Nagrerent po ako.sabi po ng landlady ko ay 78 pesos per cubic daw po ang babayaran ko sa tubig. Masyado po bang mataas? Natataasan po kc ako.pano po ba pagcompute? Aug21 po ako nagstart. 1387 po ang reading nung nagstart *** sa haus. ***** po 1405 na ang nsa meter.sa sept.16 po magrereading *** landlady ko.pls help po.
  • jrlo89jrlo89 Member PExer
    i have the same problem but mine was way to high!! yung bill namin last jun 12 is na sa 7k, but now *** bill namin inabot na ng 13k eh wala naman nabago sa routine ng pag gamit namin ng tubig kasi usually ang bill namin is 6k to 7k lang talaga inaabot pero ***** lang sya umabot ng 13k nag tataka kami kung nag kamali lang *** katiwala ng building mag read or dinaya na nya kami pa help naman mag bigay ng idea kung ano maganda sabihin thank you
  • LiaraLiara Member PExer
    Hi sir jasper...baka matulungan nyo akoh im liara ..water bill po namin is 372.36 dalawang bahy po kame 13 cu.m nakalagay sa notebook ng reading nya ..

17 po usage namin ,, paano po kaya ang proseso ng paghati nila ..
  • LiaraLiara Member PExer
    Hello mam fairy kame po isa lang ang tinitingnAn na ,,hati kame sa tubig 2 bahay ..paano po hatiin yun
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ask to have a submeter.
  • Yes, this is a very common issue of water bill. You better ask for a submeter, that might help you.
  • Dito naman sa Building namin Craig St. Sampaloc Manila ay P93 per cubic meter which is ang mahal. Naka consume kame ng 12 c.m. Total P1,116 bat Kaya ang mahal ng SUB-METER ??? 
  • GenQGenQ PExer
    is this thread still alive? was wondering as well. it never really bothered me before but since the new owners of the apartment building (the building has a submeter) is fixing our water bill to a minimum of 200 pesos per tenant/unit. 

i live alone. i don't use that much water. i don't even do the laundry here. and historically, my water is always somewhere between 130 to 150. i don't think this is fair. other tenants would o their laundry almost every single day. am i being made to shoulder the water consumption of the other tenants? 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file