Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

About 96.3 Easy Rock's future

badofiladabadofilada PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Guys, ano sa tingin nyo pagni-reformat talaga ang 96.3 Easy Rock from a lite rock to a CHR station in the future, to compete Magic 89.9, RX 93.1, Mellow 947 and 99.5 RT as a sister supplement of the overdosing masa stations, named 90.7 Love Radio and YES! FM 101.1. With retaining jocks, named Justin Taylor and Samantha, baka ang main voice-over na dyan ay si Justin Taylor, hindi na yung babae (i think si Samantha yon, baka maging secondary voice-over na sya nito), ano na sa tingin nyo?

Comments

• Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    I'm actually surprised they lasted this long with this format. This was never the forte of the FJE Group, particularly since two of their radio stations occupy the top 2 slots in the ratings game in the FM band. I expect them to reformat and work their way on establishing dominance by having all three of their FM radio stations in the Top 3...

I just hope a new radio station opens in the future carrying the Classic / Mellow Rock format to allow viable options for listeners. Even offices don't know what station to tune into now with lack of options. EZ Rock remains to the primary option appropriate for the office setting. Home Radio is a distant second while other options include Crossover 105.1 and Radio High 105.9.
  • James Ty IIIJames Ty III PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The only difference I see with Easy Rock with the old 96.3 WRock is the fact that in the former, they have included plugs and ads that you normally hear on DZRH, YES FM and Love Radio.

By the way, DZRH also has its own jingle where they mention "Naglilingkod sa Pagbabalita" in the lyrics.
  • mel414mel414 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Just reviving an old thread.

Itong 96.3 eh pina-"sosyal" na version ng Love Radio, since the medium of the DJs in doing their adlibs is English- may konting Taglish din naman. But until now, I am trying to find out kung ano yung "light rock" sa playlist nila.

And another reason why its a glorified-pinasosyal-Love radio clone is because of the playlist. They keep on playing the same thing over and over and over again. Kung ano yung narinig mo kahapon, yun din ngayon. Tatak MBC talaga.

Missing the old wRock so much. Lalo na yung segment nila Paul and Cherry.
    Ngayon, kung ano ang mga ballads at love songs na meron ang Yes at Love, eh tinambak rito sa 96.3. Imagine listening to a 3-song Air Supply sweep. Torture.

Oh, and they even have this plug regarding an AC Nielsen survey, that they are the most listened to FM station in private vehicles and PUVs. I just don't know if its actually true.
    Many jeep, taxi and bus drivers listen to Easy Rock kasi kitang-kita sa programming at music na it's like Love Radio and YES FM. Ilang mga DJs nila came from both stations.
  • Happy 6th by the way to 96.3 Easy Rock! I hope this station could widen up its playlist in the future.
  • I was thinking about that too...

I hope that they will do another reformat, from lite rock to Adult Contemporary, competing with some stations like Jam, or Mellow, or even UNTV 's 1075, but they will retain their name, and the hosts, they should upgrade too, how about taking less time talking on the air, or lessen the commercials they air. And I've thought that, how about incorporating some songs that were never heard on 96.3. I know thre are a lot of songs that are lite rock in format, they just do not air it oftenly.

I expect that they will upgrade further in the future, my dad and I love this station. Best of luck for their future.
  • Yeah, i 'd expect that. There are many lite rock or AC songs to choose from, they just don't play it very often.
    I was thinking about that too...

I hope that they will do another reformat, from lite rock to Adult Contemporary, competing with some stations like Jam, or Mellow, or even UNTV 's 1075, but they will retain their name, and the hosts, they should upgrade too, how about taking less time talking on the air, or lessen the commercials they air. And I've thought that, how about incorporating some songs that were never heard on 96.3. I know thre are a lot of songs that are lite rock in format, they just do not air it oftenly.

I expect that they will upgrade further in the future, my dad and I love this station. Best of luck for their future.

That is also one thing I want for the station. When they were still wRock, they had a very diverse music library, less commercials, and less talk from the DJs, with the exception of Paul and Cherry's segment every Friday, cause it's really a talk show format, na may sense.

Ok naman ang Easy Rock when they started, sa totoo lang. Pero nung unti-unti na siyang nakikilala, pinakialaman ni MBC yung playlist nila, to have it patterned after Yes and Love. And not to mention, the DJs who talk about random stuff that no one cares about. The result? Hearing the same songs over and over again, and not to mention the commercial overload. Tatak-MBC talaga. Even the plugs of MBC Milyones, Star City, etc, na maririnig mo lang dati sa Yes at Love eh nasa kanila na din. It's like a pinasosyal version of Yes and Love, because most of their DJs who came from those stations, are now with 96.3, using English as their medium.

May mga nilalabas pa din naman silang mga "new" songs on their playlist, kaya lang after a while, uulit-ulitin na naman, which makes me wonder. Did the old management of wRock decide to take along their library with them, or pinaubaya na lang nila sa MBC?

When they adopted the Friday Classics program from wRock, I was expecting na mala-wRock din ang mapapakinggan ko, pero ganun pa din. Like what I said in my other post, imagine listening to a 3-song sweep from Air Supply or MLTR. Pardon the term, sobrang binaboy talaga ng MBC yang 96.3
  • yes, even the music library ng WRock ay kinuha nila bago bilhin ng MBC. Yung mga kanta ng Easy Rock, galing pala sa Love at Yes, na pinapatugtog naman pag Sundays. Haggang ngayon nakikinig parin ako sa station nila, despite na marami na daw negative reviews. Aabangan ko yung decision nila na i-reformat ang station nila. Pansin ko lang ay pabawas na ng pabawas yung mga nakikinig nung na-incorporate yung bagong station ng UNTV last year.

The sad thing is, we cannot do about it, di tayo pwedeng makialam sa gagawin ng MBC. Tapos may nakita ako sa FB page nila na may gagawing "requests" mula naman sa mga listeners na maglagay ng song list sa spotify tapos ilalagay nila on air yung mga songs mo. I'll wait about dyan sa bagong gagawin ng 96.3
    mel414 wrote: »
    That is also one thing I want for the station. When they were still wRock, they had a very diverse music library, less commercials, and less talk from the DJs, with the exception of Paul and Cherry's segment every Friday, cause it's really a talk show format, na may sense.

Ok naman ang Easy Rock when they started, sa totoo lang. Pero nung unti-unti na siyang nakikilala, pinakialaman ni MBC yung playlist nila, to have it patterned after Yes and Love. And not to mention, the DJs who talk about random stuff that no one cares about. The result? Hearing the same songs over and over again, and not to mention the commercial overload. Tatak-MBC talaga. Even the plugs of MBC Milyones, Star City, etc, na maririnig mo lang dati sa Yes at Love eh nasa kanila na din. It's like a pinasosyal version of Yes and Love, because most of their DJs who came from those stations, are now with 96.3, using English as their medium.

May mga nilalabas pa din naman silang mga "new" songs on their playlist, kaya lang after a while, uulit-ulitin na naman, which makes me wonder. Did the old management of wRock decide to take along their library with them, or pinaubaya na lang nila sa MBC?

When they adopted the Friday Classics program from wRock, I was expecting na mala-wRock din ang mapapakinggan ko, pero ganun pa din. Like what I said in my other post, imagine listening to a 3-song sweep from Air Supply or MLTR. Pardon the term, sobrang binaboy talaga ng MBC yang 96.3

That's sad. Pang-masa stations are the ones that sell. Kaya nga Easy Rock is going the way of its sister stations dahil nga sa malakas sa mga advertisers ang mga sappy songs.
  • rubberr_duckyrubberr_ducky PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Sa araw araw na commute ko ay toss up between 90.7 and 96.3 naririnig ko sa radop ni manong. Sana nga lang bumalik yung dating collection ng mga kanta ng Lite Rock. Yung mga bandang 90's na mas okay pakinggan. Lalo na pag triple play or three of a kind.
  • Sikat rin ang Love Radio at Easy Rock dito sa Baguio. Ang mga taxi dun ay naka-tune in sa mga stations na yan, regardless na nagkaroon na ng bad influence ang Love Radio at maraming haters ang Easy Rock
    Sikat rin ang Love Radio at Easy Rock dito sa Baguio. Ang mga taxi dun ay naka-tune in sa mga stations na yan, regardless na nagkaroon na ng bad influence ang Love Radio at maraming haters ang Easy Rock

I did a bit of research, and it turns out there is still an existing wRock station, 96.3 Cebu. As per Wikipedia, sila lang daw ang hindi ginalaw ng MBC. Their Bacolod station is already inactive, while their Davao station has been rebranded, although it is still owned by ACWS (the parent company of the old wRock) Anyway, this is the Cebu station's site, with live streaming:

http://963wrock.com/

And ironically, there is also an Easy Rock station in Cebu, dati siyang Yes FM. Siyempre different frequencies.

As per Wikipedia ulit, most of the provincial radio stations of Easy Rock eh mga dating Yes at Love stations, so technically, kay MBC pa din. At meron namang mga nagstart out as Easy Rock, then ginawa na lang Yes or Love. Marahil hindi nagrate o konti lang advertisers. Search niyo lang sa Wikipedia: Easy Rock Network
    Drivers get attracted to Easy Rock kasi they know it plays the same songs as Love Radio and YES FM. Kulang na lang, idagdag si Joe Taruc ng DZRH bilang newscaster doon.
  • Yes, Maalala ko, narinig ko na yun nung nasa Cebu ako. Di ko alam anong manyayari pag binili uli ng parent company ng WRock ang Easy Rock at ibalik nila uli sa original na state. Medyo, irrational nga yung iniisip ko, pero who knows. Baka manyari yun in the future.
  • In terms of programming, sumusunod na ang Easy Rock nowadays dahil 'di na masyadong na-lelate ang start and end ng bawat program, like Friday Classics. Inabot dati ito ng around 10:30 pm in terms of dismissal, pero ngayon, wala pang 7:00 pm, finished na ito. Ganun din sa ibang mga shows gaya ng Remember Someone Today on Mondays. This was implemented pa a few weeks back since May 22.
  • Bakit kaya maaga silang natatapos...

More time ata sa music pag gabi...
  • Sadly, many listeners call this station as the new pang masa station despite its name. If there would be a thread about Worst radio stations, this station would most likely end up in the thread.

What would actually happen if ACWS buys back the 96.3 frequency from MBC...
    I mentioned in my post that 96.3 has aired a plug saying that they are the number 2 most listened to radio station in private cars and PUVs, as per AC Nielsen, when it comes to easy listening radio stations

Guess what? Now, Love Radio also has the same plug, for the same AC Nielsen survey, saying that they are number one most listened to overall, also in cars and PUVs. I wouldn't be surprise kung maglabas din ng ganito ang Yes.

Looks like MBC really wants to dominate the radio scene. I recall when some DJs of Love transferred to Yes, and vice versa around 2 years ago. May ginawang branding campaign pala ang MBC that time:

"Radyo? Dalawa lang yan. Kundi Love, eh di Yes. Kundi Yes, eh di Love"

So since Love is number 1, Yes is number 2, is it safe to say that Easy Rock is now number 3?
    Malabo na'ng mabalik pa ito sa ACWS. I will be ok with 96.3, provided that they:

1. Hire new DJ's, who are NOT from Love, Yes, Hot, or any of their affiliates. Meaning, their new DJ's should not have come from a masa station
    1a. I would like them to have DJ's who talk less, or if ever they talk, yung may substance at sense naman.

2. Lessen the commercials, especially the ones from ACS (Pride, Shield, Unique), their Aliwan Fiesta and Star City plugs, and their MBC Milyones or whatever promo plug. Please, itambak na lang yan sa Love at Yes. Nakaka-bad-trip eh

3. Stop using Friday Classics program title, because that is originally from wRock

4. Refrain from playing the same song over and over and over again. Just like what I said, an Air Supply or MLTR song sweep is not exactly pleasant to the ears.
    4a. Give their song library a complete make over

5. Air a program similar to Lite Rock Favorites of the Week- yung program dati nila Paul at Cherry.

At yung isa ko pang ayoko talaga, yung bago mag-commercial eh pinapatugtog yung kanilang jingle: Slow down and fall in love, Easyy Rooock
    Oh, and pag-nag-aadlib yung mga jocks, eh naririnig ko yung background music na mala Lazy Song ni Bruno Mars.