COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Magkano Rapat ang Kailangang Buwanang Sahod Para Mamuhay ng Payak, Maginhawang Buhay sa 'Pinas?

How much monthly Income needed to have a basic but comfortable life in Philippines?

Hello to all,

New to the forum,so please bear with my questions:bashful: I dont even know if this is the right thread or my existing ng ibang thread somewhere?

Curious lang ako, and I wanted your thoughts about this. Magkano sa palagay nyo ang kailangan na income ng isang family(of 4,for example) to be able to support a comfortable way of living?

Lets put it this way, "comfortable" means all the basic needs are met: food ,shelter,clothings, and lets add education. Plus na rin yung occasional "luxuries" like dining out,shopping,and recreation!

And lets say,they can still put aside a savings for "rainy days" or emergency fund?

I would like to have an idea,kasi sooner or later,my family might decide to live permanently sa pinas. So ,at least ,may alam na po ako of the cost of living in the Phils.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• coppernicuscoppernicus Member PExer
    Compute your current expenses i suggest pero kung wala ganito..

House rent ba kayo o you own it?
    Public or private school ang mga bata? Depende pa ito sa school na plano nyo
    Own a car or public transport?
    With helper/s o wala?

Pero gusto mong madalian 100k will be safe :-)
  • bankerIIbankerII Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    maraming variables
    but primarily WHERE do you want to relocate?
    ;)
  • EnosEnos cat * | awk '{print $0}' PExer
    Lets put it this way, "comfortable" means all the basic needs are met: food ,shelter,clothings, and lets add education. Plus na rin yung occasional "luxuries" like dining out,shopping,and recreation!

100k nga siguro as another poster said

tatlo kami magkakapatid,
    dad was earning around 120 to 150
    mom was around 30 to 40
    (just estimating kase ayaw naman nila sabihin sakin yung sakto :lol:)

working na din ako ngayon,
    but back then nung dependent pa kami tatlo,
    it was very "comfortable"
    although sa province yun

rough guessing... (gross na to ha)
    50k is comfortable if you are single
    75-100k for married, wala pa kids
    100-150k for family of 4

:D
  • haliparottihaliparotti Member PExer
    Saken, 50k income ok na. 2 kids isang 6 isang 2. Nagrerent kame, monthly utilities, school nung anak ko.
  • KULASA AKOKULASA AKO Member PExer
    ^ I agree dito, kung isa lang anak mo and di kayo nagrerent, 40k is enough
  • bardagoolbardagool Member PExer
    ayus na 18,000php
  • BatotoyBiboBatotoyBibo My batotoy is bibo!=p PExer
    Materialistically, comfortable life to me means at least having the capacity to afford the following:

--a decent house in a decent community, (say amortized @ P40K/mo.)
    --a new car every 5 years (say amortized @ P20K/mo.)
    --at least one luxurious travel per year, local or abroad (P5K/mo.)
    --decent food on the table and occasional dining out (P25K/mo.)
    --with stocks investments & insurance (P20K/mo.)
    --kids' (1 or 2) education, fuel, shopping, recreations, sports, etc. (P40K/mo.)

Those would require a whopping P150K monthly net income! Di kasali dyan withholding tax. I barely earn half of that. I can't afford a comfortable life. :(
  • i think batotoybibo gave a good picture of how much it will take to have a "comfortable life." i have a household of 4 people. With my mortgage and other expenses, 150K is just enough to live "comfortably." I can't imagine how life will be if we have kids.
  • A friend told me that for you to have a "comfy lifestyle", dapat daw at least double yung salary mo sa age mo. So kung 25 ka, you should be earning at least 50k/month.
  • tennisacetennisace Der Kommissar PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "comfortable life" is all relative.

I know of a couple of people who make at least 200k/mo and they're whining about not being "comfy" enough. I also know of people who make 30-40k and they're "comfy" about it.

If you're one of those people who puts a premium on social validation and whose self-worth is valued by perceived status, I don't think any amount would amount to a "comfortable life".
  • tennisace wrote: »

I know of a couple of people who make at least 200k/mo and they're whining about not being "comfy" enough. I also know of people who make 30-40k and they're "comfy" about it.

If you're one of those people who puts a premium on social validation and whose self-worth is valued by perceived status, I don't think any amount would amount to a "comfortable life".

Agree with this. A good rule would be to automatically put away 10% of your monthly income. The rest is what you spend on basic needs.

Keep saving until you have at least a 3-5 months worth of your salary. From here, maybe you can shift some of the savings to capital for investment purposes.
  • Ducati_DiavelDucati_Diavel PEX Big Boss PExer
    You can save more if your family live in the province, and you are working here at Manila.
    tennisace wrote: »

true. if they see you having "comfortable life"
    you will have many relatives.
    :lol:
  • the_minionthe_minion Member PExer
    Just curious, and also planning for the future
    Say you own your own modest home (mana from parents), a small car (Toyota vios), are 6 in the house - two kids, the couple, one maid, and one labandera.

When I say average I mean:
    - Eat 3 meals a day
    - No out of town trips
    - Walang Cable ang Tv
    - Of course may internet at landline

How much is enough monthly to live under thos conditions? Should 15,000 a month be enough?
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Some assumptions:
    Internet + landline = P1,000/month
    Electricity 500 kwH per month (one air conditioner, 4 hrs a day, plus typical home appliances)
    Water 60 cubic meters per month

Also provide for these:
    Real estate taxes (if you don't pay this, you could lose your house)
    Car maintenance allowance P8.00 per kilometer travelled
    Car insurance
    Gasoline, assume 8 kilometers per liter consumption
  • Sun_SetSun_Set Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I don't think 15000 is enough.

Food for 6 [email protected] per person per day for30 days - 9k

Magkano na bayad sa maid at labandera? Sobrang baba na yung 1500 each - 3k

Internet/landline - 1k

Gas - 2k per month. Sobrang tipid na yan. 6kms lang yung office ko pero abot ng 3k monthly gas.

Eto pa lang 15k na. Wala pang electricity, tubig, baon ng bata if nag school, budget for emergency (di maiwasang magkasakit), not sure kung kasya 50 budget sa food the whole day, puro gulay siguro ito. Sa palagay ko minimum 100 ang food per person.

Di pa rin na consider car registration at maintenance and real estate tax.
    you cannot live without a maid and a labandera?
    :D
  • JagonJagon Don't listen to me PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I have 4 kids at home (0.2, 2,4 & six years old, 2 are pamankins) 2 yayas, and myself. wife is ofw
    no car, no metro manila house (but i have 2 big houses in the prov, inherited from parents)

Monthly expenses ko
    09.00k-rent house
    06.00k-yayas
    02.60k-electricity
    00.70k-water
    01.60k-phne&dsl
    12.00k-unforseen expenses, food & needs(soap, shampoo, etc)
    00.50k-gas (1 Solane 2 months)
    00.25k-bigas (1/2 kaban 2 months)
    01.00k-church offering
    01.00k-donate to poor
    02.50k-pamasahe (nagbabaon ako)
    07.00k-support kay mom and dad
    44.15k estimate expenses
    44.xxk net salary

tuition is covered by 13th month pay, and convertible leaves for the 1 kid.
    tuition of 1 pamankin shouldered by her mom.

wife's paying for our presell condo, 10 yrs to pay, 30k per month, and that's it.

no need to invest or to save, use every penny for what's important now.

we can live abounded or abased, living under God's graces and faith in Him
  • warchest18warchest18 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    What if your kids get sick? Where will you get money for hospitalization?
  • JagonJagon Don't listen to me PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    medicare+philhealth

kasama rin ito sa 12k est na unforseen exp.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file