FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Can someone shed a light on the ending of Illustrado by Miguel Syjuco. I'm lost

i don't think i get the end completely.

if my understanding is correct, the protagonist goes back to his gramps. he will not find TBA since Salvador burned it?

one part i particularly didn't get in the end is the scene in the beach house in search of Dulcinea.
and what happens to Miguel and Sadie?

Comments

• jielunjielun Green. Cross. PExer
    Me too, couldnt make out what really happened. I hope someone who know replies here. I even had to ask a friend to read the book so he can tell me what the ending really was, at least the way he saw it. I tried Google, but all I get are the raging reviews.
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber HEALTH.FREAK.WANNABE. PExer
    Off topic: for some strange reason, this book made me want to have sex. I don't know why.

And yes, count me in. I, too, don't get it. :confused3:

:rpflag:
    Or is it specifically, to have esx inside a car which is stranded in the middle of a flooded road? :rotflmao:
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber HEALTH.FREAK.WANNABE. PExer
    ^Oh, yeah! That's it! Pang-Gener na libro 'to. :grinroll:

:rpflag:
    In fairness nung binabasa ko yung scene na yun, na feel ko ring lumulusong ako sa baha, at napapalibutan ng polluted na tubig na galing kanal na konektado naman sa mga poso negro, LOLz. Siyempre, kung nafeel ko yung tubig nafeel ko rin ang pagbleep ni bleep sa bleep ni Miguel, na parang ako yung nasa lugar nya. Hahaha.
    ^ UP. Sana may magreply sa tanong ni TS.
  • coolbabescoolbabes Member PExer
    I don't get this as well. I have report on this. Huhuhu! What do i saay hahaha!
    Just be honest on your book report. Considering na maraming nalalabuan sa libro, maaaring ganito talaga yung intention ni Syjuco so that the ending may be interpreted in a variety of ways.
  • ScribblerGeekScribblerGeek Hitchhiker PExer
    ^May magandang discussions nito sa Goodreads. Here's the link, maybe it can shed some light.

Ilustrado
    by Miguel Syjuco
    ^ upping this thread!
    So, it's Miguel who died and not Crispin.
  • inviinvi Member ✭✭✭
    I didn't get it. Ok sana premise but the flow (abrupt switching of sequence from past to present) had me lost and gave me a headache. Sayang.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file