New York vs Brooklyn

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL Weh, di nga? PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
neth_row, maybe we can have a poll here.

for fans and non-NYK and non-BKN fans here, who are you rooting for in the newest intra-state rivalry? who do you think will fare better?

i think BKN will do way better than NYK this season. i can't say they're going far and deep in the playoffs, but if NYK is the barometer, they are going to do better than their neighbors. new york is a mess compared to brooklyn.

as for rooting interests, i'm still kind of rooting for the knicks. i love jay-z and all but i like the knicks better. :lol:

Who are the kings of New York?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• MakaveliLivesMakaveliLives Brooklyn PExer
    Brooklyn Nets
    The Nets..Are Taking..Over!

Our starting lineup looks like this:

PG: Deron
    SG: JJ
    SF: Crash
    PF: Hump
    C: Lopez

Our 2nd stringers:

PG: CJ
    SG: MarShon
    SF: ?
    PF: Tele
    C: ?

Our 3rd stringers:

PG: Taylor
    SG: Stackhouse/Bogans
    SF: ?
    PF: Evans
    C: ?

Not to be a homer, pero halatang pinag-isipan ang lineup ng Nets.
  • LeBroomLeBroom Melo is NYC PExer
    New York Knicks
    I'll wait till we're done making moves before I join in on this conversation. Nice thread though. :)
    Brooklyn Nets
    LeBroom wrote: »
    I'll wait till we're done making moves before I join in on this conversation. Nice thread though. :)

You can just post about who you have right now. The Nets are not yet done. We're still looking for a back-up center who can defend and rebound. We're also looking for a serviceable 3.
    New York Knicks
    You can just post about who you have right now. The Nets are not yet done. We're still looking for a back-up center who can defend and rebound. We're also looking for a serviceable 3.

I just don't want to showboat an incomplete line-up, especially since the Lin situation hasn't been handled yet. No point in saying Lin/No Lin, too hard to tell. :)
  • anakniwolverineanakniwolverine Member PExer
    New York Knicks
    Awang-awa ako kina Kidd at sa Nets noong nasa swamp city pa sila. Imagine, conference champions kayo pero hindi napupuno ang home court.

Naalala ko noon, excited ako na lilipat na ang Nets sa Brooklyn. Sayang nga lang, di na inabutan ni Kidd.

2006_05_brooklynnetsnew.jpg

Kung noon mo itatanong yung tanong mo, siguradong Nets ako.

Pero sabi nga, bilog ang bola.

Who would have thought I'd be cheering for the Knicks?! I hated this team during Jordan's time.

Pero naiba tingin ko sa kanila because of Linsanity. Tapos, napunta pa sa kanila si Kidd.

Ngayon, di pa sure kung ano mangyayari kay Lin at sa Knicks.

Magandang rivalry ngayon ang Knicks & Nets.
    Brooklyn Nets
    I just don't want to showboat an incomplete line-up, especially since the Lin situation hasn't been handled yet. No point in saying Lin/No Lin, too hard to tell. :)

Who's showboating? You just need to post who you have right now. Put a question mark if not sure.

This way, we (and the non-fans) can compare what we have right now. We can continue the comparison as we go along.
    New York Knicks
    Okay, here it is.

PG: Lin?/Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
    SG:
    JR Smith/Shumpert/Jon Diebler (not sure if included in Portland deal)
    SF:
    Melo/Novak/James "The Flight" White/Copesanity
    PF:
    STAT/Kurt Thomas
    Center:
    Chandler/Camby

Notables:

1.) Lin's status
    2.) Shumpert injured till January
    3.) No BACK UP PF (aside from Kurt Thomas)

That's about it. :)
  • LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL Weh, di nga? PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Brooklyn Nets
    Notables:

1.) Lin's status
    2.) Shumpert injured till January
    3.) No BACK UP PF (aside from Kurt Thomas)

That's about it. :)
    these notables likely mean that the nets are taking over. :lol:

still, i find melo and amare an issue. carmelo is a power forward trapped in a small forward's body, while amare is vice versa. they should talk and decide once and for all to define their roles.
    New York Knicks
    ^
    Nets aren't taking over anything. :)

This is the first training camp that Amar'e and Melo will have. The issue I noticed last season wasn't really Amar'e vs Melo or their co-existence. It was the fact that the paint is TOO CLOGGED with Chandler and Amar'e in there.

Amar'e is at his best when playing the C position. I hope Woodson knows what to do. Hopefully Felton and Amar'e are utilized in the 2nd unit (STAT starts but sits early in the 1st qtr).
  • LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL Weh, di nga? PEx Expert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Brooklyn Nets
    Amar'e is at his best when playing the C position.
    but he is terrrrrrrrrrrrrriiibleeee defensively, and the C is loaded with chandler/camby. don't know how you can insert amare in there. he will be relegated to play power forward, which should be his natural position.

as for brooklyn, they're pretty much set with their starting lineup.

c - brook
    pf - teletovic
    sf - g. wallace
    sg - joe johnson
    pg - deron

i thought the nets had no pf yet but i read they have mirza teletovic. i have seen him play for caja laboral and i think he will do well as a stretch 4.

i shake my head at the 24 million thrown at kris humphries (he's not worth $12m/year) but i guess it's a luxury that the nets can afford to because of their sugar daddy. and it's not like new york is not guilty of massively overpaying players. let's face it, amare is not worth $100 million.
  • ImpenneteriImpenneteri  PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Battle of the overhypes or maybe only good in paper.
  • ceedeeceedee istambay sa Rio PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    only one word separates these two teams...

TEAMWORK

and most of us know who has the edge here...
  • ceedeeceedee istambay sa Rio PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    LOLOLOLOL wrote: »
    but he is terrrrrrrrrrrrrriiibleeee defensively, and the C is loaded with chandler/camby. don't know how you can insert amare in there. he will be relegated to play power forward, which should be his natural position.

that's the main reason why the Knicks lured chandler away from the mavs last season and getting camby this offseason is because of Amare's "defense"
    i shake my head at the 24 million thrown at kris humphries (he's not worth $12m/year) but i guess it's a luxury that the nets can afford to because of their sugar daddy. and it's not like new york is not guilty of massively overpaying players. let's face it, amare is not worth $100 million.

I see the signing of Kris Humpries as an insurance and like Brooks, he could be used as a trade bait for D-Ho (wherever he will be going this offseason). if not, that 12M/year could be a bargain if he plays well this season. remember, he is a consistent double-double threat.
    Brooklyn Nets
    LOLOLOLOL wrote: »

as for brooklyn, they're pretty much set with their starting lineup.

c - brook
    pf - teletovic
    sf - g. wallace
    sg - joe johnson
    pg - deron

i thought the nets had no pf yet but i read they have mirza teletovic. i have seen him play for caja laboral and i think he will do well as a stretch 4.

Hump will start at the 4. We can't have Lopez and Tele playing at the same time.

I think the overpay is a compromise because Hump wanted a longer contract. But here's the thing - Hump will be a very attractive expiring contract next season with his salary. Let's say that ATL wants to dump Josh Smith. We can trade Hump for Smith straight up because their salary matches.
    Brooklyn Nets
    ^
    Nets aren't taking over anything. :)

This is the first training camp that Amar'e and Melo will have. The issue I noticed last season wasn't really Amar'e vs Melo or their co-existence. It was the fact that the paint is TOO CLOGGED with Chandler and Amar'e in there.

Amar'e is at his best when playing the C position. I hope Woodson knows what to do. Hopefully Felton and Amar'e are utilized in the 2nd unit (STAT starts but sits early in the 1st qtr).

Unless you're an insider who knows that the team will sign more marquee names, you can't say that the Nets are not taking over anything. Come on man. At least recognize that RIGHT NOW, the Nets have a better line-up on paper. Sure, a lot of things can happen in training camp. But they're never a sure thing. I can say that Lopez will add 20 lbs of muscle but that's not a sure thing.

On paper, right now, the Nets are taking over New York. Even die-hard fans on P & T are acknowledging it. A lot of fans are calling for Dolan's head. The Nets starting line-up is better at the PG, SG, and C position. Yes, including the C position. Lopez averaged 19-8 plus 2 blocks I think over Chandler in their head to head match-up.

Oh, and don't get me started on the bench.

PS: I'd be more than happy to change my stance if and when the Knicks do something to push them ahead of the Nets on paper.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Both looking like 2nd round fodders IMO, but I think the Nets Lineup looks more complete. No bias here.
  • Pound4PoundPound4Pound Wala Akong Utang Na Loob PExer
    New York Knicks
    Both looking like 2nd round fodders IMO, but I think the Nets Lineup looks more complete. No bias here.

Ditto here.
  • deronwilliams08deronwilliams08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Lineups:

Chandler > Brook (Chandler is a better rebounder and defender, so I go with Tyson here)
    Amare ? Teletovic
    Melo > Crash
    Smith/Shump < Iso Joe
    Lin (or Felton if Lin becomes a Rocket)< Deron
  • KielDaManKielDaMan Unggoy na Panot PExer
    New York Knicks
    The Brooklyn Nets is still a new and an unproven team, it's hard to judge a team that hasn't even played a single second of a game together. We won't know how the new Nets will mesh and gel with each other in the game court, so I would have to pick the Knicks at this point, knowing what they can do.

Mga advantages ng Knicks IMO:
    - They have a better superstar IMO (Melo > Deron)
    - I prefer the experienced vets of the Knicks like Kidd, Chandler, Camby and notable role players like JRSmith, Novak, Shumpert, Felton over the likes of the young and unproven Brooks, Humphries, Teletovic, CJMiles
    - The Knicks' pride will be at their advantage since they will never bow down to the "new kids on the block".

But still, I don't see both these teams beating Miami or Boston in the playoffs.
    New York Knicks
    I won't give any credit that the "NETS ARE TAKING OVER RIGHT NOW". That's flat out false.

You're simply overrating your players. Come on, Brook Lopez? WTF has he done? Can he still play at the level he was 2 years ago? Btw, he was putting up EMPTY STATS. Playing for a losing team, anyone can get 20-10, and he didn't even get 10 rebounds I believe. Remember, even MIKE JAMES averaged 20 pts for a Toronto Raptors squad back in the days. Let's not underrate the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR PLEASE.

Teletubbies is unproven. And yet, because of Euro scouting reports and OPTIMISM as a NETS FAN, you all ready to hail him as the 2nd coming. Amar'e, when healthy, is still better than any PF the Nets have.

Gerald Wallace could never contain Carmelo Anthony. Sorry, anyone who thinks otherwise is an IDIOT. AnthoNY destroyed Luol Deng; a FAR BETTER defender and player than G-Wallace.

Obviously, Joe Johnson will rape any SG that the Knicks will have. But once Shumpert is back, I'm sure he can LIMIT Joe (not stop him, just limit/contain).

Deron Williams FCKING OWNS the whole PG rotation of the Knicks. Easily.

Bench?

CJ Watson, Marshon Brooks, R.Evans, Jerry Stackhouse, Tele/Hump, the fck are the Nets taking over? That's NOT A GREAT BENCH, wake up! Once again, overrating your players.

That's why I didn't want to post an incomplete line up. I know our bench isn't solid yet, but look at you, talking like your bench is VASTLY BETTER than the Knicks'.

I can't ****ING wait till we blow you guys out in your arena and in MSG. Maybe that'll shut up the cockiness you guys have.

Take note; I never started anything here. I never wanted to bash the Nets. But the arrogance is just too much now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file