Home PEx Lifestyle Style and Fashion
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

how to preserve/prolong the scent of your perfume/cologne on your body...

Kasi I bought a cologne last time and I have been applying it on my body (particularly on my neck, right after bathing) but the smell does take long for only 1.5-2 hours approximately.. Well imported & branded naman siya so definitely hindi siya cheap/low-quality kind. But I guess there's something wrong or there's something I'm missing with the way I apply it...

So do you guys have any tips on how to apply properly the perfume/cologne & prolong its scent on your body? :)

Comments

• Hello. :wave:

I suggest that you apply it on your clothes. That way, the scent will stick to the clothes longer.

Another way is the spray-delay-walk away method. You spray some of the cologne/perfume away from you, stand for one-two seconds and walk right into the area that you've sprayed into. (Got this from the defunct Bravo show, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy)

Hope this helps. :)
  • I suggest applying it directly to your body, since perfume lasts longer on your skin than clothes...sa cloth kasi natutuyo.

So before buying perfume check nyo muna if maganda amoy nito after you apply it (5-10 mins) dapat mag blend sya sa natural mong amoy...may perfume kasi na kahit anong bango pag nahalo sa pawis e bumabaho...yung iba naman maganda reaction sa sweat.

What i do is apply a thin layer of oil in some points tapos duon ko inaaply yung pabango.

iponmuna
  • spray it on your pulse points: inside the wrist, behind the ears, at the temples, behind the knees, the back of the neck, the cleavage area.

they say applying vaseline petroleum jelly (or any other brand. overhyped lang vaseline lol) on your pulse points before applying cologne/perfume helps.

well it depends na din sa concentration ng perfume and yung acidity ng body mo. i believe it's just a matter of finding the right perfume for you.
  • pantone #000pantone #000 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^+1. Spray on your pulse points. :)
  • spray it on your pulse points: inside the wrist, behind the ears, at the temples, behind the knees, the back of the neck, the cleavage area.

they say applying vaseline petroleum jelly (or any other brand. overhyped lang vaseline lol) on your pulse points before applying cologne/perfume helps.

well it depends na din sa concentration ng perfume and yung acidity ng body mo. i believe it's just a matter of finding the right perfume for you.

I agree with this 100%.. additionally, (if you're a girl) you can spray some perfume on a cotton ball and insert it inside your bra :)

hope this helps :) - your S.I.S. in style
  • Try to avoid as much as possible sweating. Don't do things that can actually trigger that, because from what I remember on my Chemistry class, these esters (functional group of perfumes) when mixed with sweat creates a chemical reaction that makes you stink.

By the way, ang cool nung tip wherein you spray then walk!
  • gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    pulse points. some colognes does carry dye in it and stains clothes. You don't want that if you're wearing a $200 dress shirt.

Most colognes do not last long, you should do your research about the longevity of the scent of it. The generic ones- the $40-80 ones last for a good two hours.

If you want to prolong the scent, stay in a cool place.
  • i agree on not putting cologne on clothes. it can ruin your clothes.

If you want your scent to last longer, consider getting eau de parfum versions of the scent you use. They last longer than eau de cologne or eau de toilette.