Home PEx Lifestyle Style and Fashion
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

Zara versus Forever 21 versus Topshop/Topman versus Uniqlo

Wazzup guys? :wave:

I noticed that there are more international shops that are opening here in the Philippines, including the big labels Zara, Forever 21, Topshop/Topman, and the latest Uniqlo. (H&M has yet to open here, pero chismis daw SM din ang nakakuha daw ng deal. :lol:)

Anyway, I would like you guys to state your fave among the four big brands and tell us why do you love that particular brand.

Game? :)

Comments

• gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    wazzup?

really?

I really don't care much for any of the brands that you've mentioned and drooled as they are not well crafted.

The only reason why people are buying it because it has style and affordable. Each brand has it's own distinct styling and fit but most if not all cater to a young and active demographic.
  • AdictuscanAdictuscan PEx Rookie ⭐
    H&M is pure crap. Uniqlo on the other hand is way more decent in terms of quality though somewhat limited in variety. Most of my clothes are from Uniqlo; I especially like their boxer briefs. Forever 21? I'd rather buy from Penshoppe. :lol:
  • loc0loc0 PExer
    Uniqlo has good quality. I've had these for half a year, wearing them at least once a week and they're holding up pretty well.
  • +1 for good quality in Uniqlo. I've been wearing their S-001 jeans in constant rotation for several years now.

Topman is crap, as I've said many, many times already.
  • partyaddictpartyaddict PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Most of my clothes are from these brands, except for F21Men, where nothing fits me (sizes are too big, even the S).

Yes quality is crap, but this is fast fashion, it's just management of expectations. Most lurkers here would have these brands as well 'cept for the very small percentage that can afford brands on a higher tier (and to those people, why bother posting on this thread? stick to the OT huh)

Uniqlo, best in quality out of these. Great basics. Topman and H&M I like most style-wise and coz sizes are varied (their bottoms hold up well). Construction and sewing for most of their stuff are crap though :) Zara, quality wise, in between Uniqlo and Topman/H&M, I like their styles, though their sizes still run a bit big for me (their 38s still a tad loose).

Personal streetwear closet mix : Uniqlo/Topman/Zara/H&M/Bench/Oxygen/Muji with a smattering other HK/SG brands.
    Actually wearing a Uniqlo cardi/Topman checks/5cm chinos combo today. Sapatos SM driving shoes hahahaha sana di halata.
    brianpex wrote: »
    +1 for good quality in Uniqlo. I've been wearing their S-001 jeans in constant rotation for several years now.

Topman is crap, as I've said many, many times already.

Love Uniqlo's S-001 jeans! I'm wearing a black one now whose pocket already has a hole from my wallet's metal logo but other than that, it's pretty much okay at 3 years old. It's season-end sale soon so I can get t-shirts for like 200 php for pasalubong. :D

Zara has some nice items but the sales staff here are too snotty for their own good. I'd rather go to Bershka which is also owned by the company that owns Zara.
  • What about Mango HE?
  • How much are Uniqlo's S-001?
    manilamike wrote: »
    What about Mango HE?

At least for local stock (meaning Rockwell), it's Zara - esque quality-wise though less trendy and I think sizes run bigger (more like F21 than Topman -- if you're too lean or short, good luck).
    How much are Uniqlo's S-001?

Here, regular price is around 2,300 php. I'd assume it'd be much higher in MOA.
  • Zara is #1 in the world, H&M is #2, Uniqlo is #3, Topman is #4 and Gap is #5.

This is based on Uniqlo's data (in terms of earnings) that they presented to applicants when they were recruiting for staffs here in the PH. They want to be #1 come 2020.

The Top #4 mentioned above are my personal favorites too and yeah I only shop at those brands. :D
  • K.I.L.L.K.I.L.L. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mmm... Out of the choices, I like Zara for the choices but I haven't gone to Uniqlo's local shop yet to check out their selection here. I agree that it is a good thing that these all in one shops have been opening here. You forgot to add marks & spencer, banana republic, debenhams and massimo dutti. Marks & Spencer is the veteran all-in-one clothing store. I've been buying there since I was a little kid :lol:
  • gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    ^ they are like the Gap of UK, right? (too lazy to research. lol)
  • F21, Topshop/Topman, H&M and Zara are really fast fashion outlets that rip off designers' collections. They can copy something off the runway and get it in stores in under 2 weeks.

Uniqlo partners with designers (+J with Jil Sander, UU with Jun Takahashi/ Undercover) and artists rather than ripping them off.
  • ^ to be fair, H&M also collaborates with high-end designers (Marni, Versace, CDG, etc.). Yun lang, according to some, they're just pretty much slapping their own tags on regular H&M pieces than actually collaborating on 'em.
  • daveyyy wrote: »
    ^ to be fair, H&M also collaborates with high-end designers (Marni, Versace, CDG, etc.). Yun lang, according to some, they're just pretty much slapping their own tags on regular H&M pieces than actually collaborating on 'em.

I suspect it's more of an, "if you can't beat them, join them" thing going on for the designers. But thanks for the correction.
  • ehnaehna PExer
    maybe due to age na rin, i prefer zara than forever21... parang im too old to wear f21s... :D
  • I started wearing Uniqlo just last month and have come to love the stuff I bought there (while in HK). I also like Zara but have not bought from them in a while. I appreciate Topman at one point (mainly their clothes good enough for corporate) but never really fancied their style outside of that line. No offense but it's kinda bordering on gay fashion. Or maybe I'm just not so much of a fashionista.

I love the boxer briefs I got from Uniqlo which was the air-thingie type. Very nice material and verrrry comfy. The shirt I got from them also looked really good. But just to be a bit of a snob, I'd probably get new Uniqlo stuff when I visit HK again, not from the shop here in Manila. :)

F21... I never plan to go anywhere near. Just because.
    ~ ^^ On Uniqlo, curious lang, how come? :) stocks and selections, merchandising, everything else looks mostly the same (though there are some basics there -- like the soft cardis for men na didnt find here -- siguro seasonal) ... 2 random differences lang, HK Uniqlo - mas ramdam ko the sale bins (yey! Love those!) and SG Uniqlo - better looking Pinoy staff haha (Ion I think haha)
  • SG Uniqlo - better looking Pinoy staff haha (Ion I think haha)

Almost every shop at Ion has Pinoy/Pinay sales staff these days.