COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

What is the meaning and purpose of life based from an atheist view?

your input's please ;)

Comments

• pinoybettylafeapinoybettylafea you are pathetic! PExer
    enjoy life, spread my seeds, and whatever happens in the next life i'll accept it (if there's such thing as next life)...period
  • PgUpPgUp Member PExer
    Actions speak louder than words. I have never seen a more insecure intellect completely dependent on the opinions and public display of support from other people than atheists.

The spiritual got an advantage since they have already attained harmony and peace without the need for somebody's approval.

If atheists had been right, I guess they would not even be here in this forum like a pack of wolves depending on one another for mere survival. Hahaha.
    PgUp wrote: »
    Actions speak louder than words. I have never seen a more insecure intellect completely dependent on the opinions and public display of support from other people than atheists.

The spiritual got an advantage since they have already attained harmony and peace without the need for somebody's approval.

If atheists had been right, I guess they would not even be here in this forum like a pack of wolves depending on one another for mere survival. Hahaha.

the question is why are you here too? actions speak louder than words right?
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer

Because you are easy prey.
    tonton wrote: »
    Because you are easy prey.

as if anyone cares about your fairy tale god LOL!
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Most atheists are not interested in religious discussions. My atheist friend only has a fuzzy knowledge about Jesus and he would be bored to death if I mention anything about Jesus. The atheists in this board are here because they like to discuss religion. Perhaps, they find analyzing the Bible as an intellectual exercise. Perhaps, they are newly declared atheists and are enjoying the camaraderie of fellow atheists. Perhaps, they are advocates for issues like human rights, equality, etc., and find it socially important to belittle and disempower religion. Perhaps, they are just having fun here.
  • nwfirstrangernwfirstranger Member PExer

Don't you have to get Jeezas' approval? Diba yun ang point ng religion nio? To get on with this life and get to heaven and praise Jeezas for the rest of eternity?
    Ateo wrote: »
    Most atheists are not interested in religious discussions. My atheist friend only has a fuzzy knowledge about Jesus and he would be bored to death if I mention anything about Jesus. The atheists in this board are here because they like to discuss religion. Perhaps, they find analyzing the Bible as an intellectual exercise. Perhaps, they are newly declared atheists and are enjoying the camaraderie of fellow atheists. Perhaps, they are advocates for issues like human rights, equality, etc., and find it socially important to belittle and disempower religion. Perhaps, they are just having fun here.

Ateo, we should fight superstition. And what is more superstitious than believing that Jeeeezas is in a small metal box at the box of the altar.
  • kekeng_haponkekeng_hapon Member PExer

Harmony and peace from other's approval? Duh! It's not more on spiritual, social approval is everyday's need of weak individuals. Like you.
  • SmartDessaSmartDessa Things divide;Christ unites PExer
    The atheists in this board are here because they like to discuss religion. Perhaps, they find analyzing the Bible as an intellectual exercise. Perhaps, they are newly declared atheists and are enjoying the camaraderie of fellow atheists. Perhaps, they are advocates for issues like human rights, equality, etc., and find it socially important to belittle and disempower religion. Perhaps, they are just having fun here.

so is this the purpose of your life?
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    enjoy life, spread my seeds, and whatever happens in the next life i'll accept it (if there's such thing as next life)...period

he he .... is there a next life for a pure atheist? an atheist does not the slightest concept of anything supernatural.

when you did, you just rot.

OnT: make the best out of one's lifetime.
  • theventheven Atheist! PEx Rookie ⭐
    (Human) life has no meaning...

just like with anyone in the Animal Kingdom, we just happened to evolve along with insects, plants and other animals...

we started as simple cell, to bacteria, fungi, fish and eventually human beings.
    in fact, our raw materials came from the sun!

it just so happened that we (human beings) are the most intelligent and most emotional animals on planet earth...

And these 2 advanced features of human being (intelligence and emotion) invented the philosophical "meaning of our life".

;)
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    *okay*agree*okay*
    for some, religion is a philosophy exaggerated with myths.
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    SmartDessa wrote: »
    so is this the purpose of your life?

Life has different purpose for various individuals. Each one should find and decide what is meaningful for him or her. For some, life's meaning is in his family -- a loving wife, beautiful kids. Others find meaning in their profession -- medicine, computer science, etc. Yet others find meaning in social causes -- militancy, advocacy, empowerment. Others find meaning in service -- police, nursing, teaching. Others in making money -- entrepreneurship, business and investments.

Life's meaning is in what makes one happy, engaged, and challenged. It is in the use of one's strengths and capabilities to better oneself and fellow humans. Life's meaning is leaving this earth a better one than when one found it.

For the secular, for the atheist, the above are among the few of the boundless possible meanings of life.

For the Christian, life's meaning is much less constricted. Life is about worshipping Jesus as the Lord and Savior, with all his heart, his mind, and his spirit; from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep; from when he accepted Jesus to the day he dies. And to what end? Well, ultimately, in order to go to heaven... and .... be in the bosom of Jesus in order to worship Him again for ever and ever, till the end of eternity.
    For the Christian, life's meaning is much less constricted. Life is about worshipping Jesus as the Lord and Savior, with all his heart, his mind, and his spirit; from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep; from when he accepted Jesus to the day he dies. And to what end? Well, ultimately, in order to go to heaven... and .... be in the bosom of Jesus in order to worship Him again for ever and ever, till the end of eternity.

Ang masaklap pa dyan may mga xtian na naniniwala na your deeds are useless and that faith alone matters. They spend their life worshiping and turning arrogant thinking they are already saved (like babajames), and basking in their false glory. For them prayer counts as a good deed. Probably the most disgusting variety of xtians on earth.
    Life has different purpose for various individuals. Each one should find and decide what is meaningful for him or her. For some, life's meaning is in his family -- a loving wife, beautiful kids. Others find meaning in their profession -- medicine, computer science, etc. Yet others find meaning in social causes -- militancy, advocacy, empowerment. Others find meaning in service -- police, nursing, teaching. Others in making money -- entrepreneurship, business and investments.

Life's meaning is in what makes one happy, engaged, and challenged. It is in the use of one's strengths and capabilities to better oneself and fellow humans. Life's meaning is leaving this earth a better one than when one found it.

For the secular, for the atheist, the above are among the few of the boundless possible meanings of life.

very good Ateo,

you answered well about life's purpose of man in the secular view, and even further correctly answered the purpose of a christian life.

yesterday, me and some of the newly baptized christians assembled together to pursue a short message about the "Mystery of Christian Life".
    what's the difference bewteen non-believers and believers?

sadly, most christians have lost the reason why they were created and chosen by God.
    Most christians, like any normal atheist, have the same, good, purposes. family, career, money.

The Lord said, stock up treasures in heaven and not on earth where moths and rust consume.
    This is what makes a christian different from non-believers, non-believers strive and promote their welfare here on earth, even though we all agree that everything on earth will perish. Christians have Christ stored in them, that the more Christ they have, the promise of eternity is given as a reward.

In man's perspective, the purpose of life is life itself, to live and stay living
    In God's persepctive, the purpose why He created man is for man to express Him, one attribute of which is eternality. and this is for His glory.

I hope that you are content with something you live for that eventually and inevitably will end.
  • theventheven Atheist! PEx Rookie ⭐
    do horses, dogs, plants, ants, bacteria..asked "what is the meaning of life?"

NO

because they are not as intelligent & emotional like us...
    do living things want to die?

by this we can assume that the purpose of living things, is to stay alive.
    Animals don't need a saviour. They survive off the earth without damaging it, and they fulfill their life's purpose naturally, as intended by their creator. Meanwhile, we have this creature called "Christians" who have wreaked havoc all over the earth and at the same time thinking they are the best creatures guided by Casper the friendly ghost despite being hopelessly divided among themselves.
    ^why single-out christians?
    it is man who wreaks havoc all over the world.

and this is good, for how can the Lord recover a world that is not wreaked?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file