COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Gusto ba ng atheist patanggal ang word na "GOD" sa Philippine Constitution?

Kung kayo ang presidente ng Pilipinas ngayon babaguhin mo ba ang saligang batas para lamang dito?

Comments

• Bigot3AtBalbasBigot3AtBalbas Kiss me and I'll be PExer
    muhamad ang ipapalit ko dyan :lol:
  • AteoAteo Non est Deus. Fac cum eo. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I will give any Gods who want to stay in the Constitution to move a mountain within 1 year. ... Even a small mountain, like Smoky Mountain. If not, they are scratched off the Constitution. We will be purely secular as we always say in Constitutions anyway.
  • pienopieno CITIZENWARRIOR.COM PExer
    Battle Hymn of the Republic ng US, tinugtog pagbisita ng Pope.
    Glory Glory Alleluia!
    Kasi hindi porke Republika ibig sabihin na nun, katulad natin sina Ateo na tagapagsilbi ng Jihad. Walang bumoto sa Atheism bilang DEFAULT belief. WALA. hahahaha
    Pieno, that was before the Court of Kentucky indicated it wants the Pope to answer some questions in court. Vatican lawyers argued that the pope cannot be summoned because he is sovereign. Yeah, yeah, yeah. But the court was ominously noncommittal. The next time the pope steps on US soil, nobody is sure if there will officers of the Court of Kentucky serving warrants. Even the White House could not shield the pope is a warrant is served. If I were him, he should limit his travels, particularly because there are other cases filed at the World Court. You know how these courts operate. They are quiet while waiting for opportunity to serve warrant.
  • gingerbread2011gingerbread2011 Member PExer
    Ateo wrote: »
    I will give any Gods who want to stay in the Constitution to move a mountain within 1 year. ... Even a small mountain, like Smoky Mountain. If not, they are scratched off the Constitution. We will be purely secular as we always say in Constitutions anyway.

Are you saying that secularism is atheism?

If the constitution is purely secular why the one you hate the most is written in our Constitution?

And he is always acknowledge
  • stifbendstifbend Member PExer
    Sure, I would. Even if I was religious
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    Kung lalagyan ng "Jesus" ang constitution, masisiyahan ba kayong mga believers?

Kung lalagyan ng "Roman Catholic Church" ang constitution, masisiyahan ba kayong mga catholics?

That's an honest question.
  • tonton wrote: »
    Kung lalagyan ng "Jesus" ang constitution, masisiyahan ba kayong mga believers?

Kung lalagyan ng "Roman Catholic Church" ang constitution, masisiyahan ba kayong mga catholics?

That's an honest question.

The problem is before you were born God is recognized in Philippine Constitution up to this very moment.
  • jihadwatchjihadwatch Banned by Admin PExer
    80ism.jpg
    Maglalagay sila ng gigantic number 80 sa labas ng mga gusali ng gobyerno.
  • jihadwatch wrote: »
    http://imageshack.us/a/img546/3472/80ism.jpg
    Maglalagay sila ng gigantic number 80 sa labas ng mga gusali ng gobyerno.

hahaha They need to remove all things which not conforms on their belief. One is removing the god on constitution.
  • crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    This thread is hilarious! LOLz
  • Kung kayo ang presidente ng Pilipinas ngayon babaguhin mo ba ang saligang batas para lamang dito?

first of all, the president doesn't have the power to change the Constitution. second of all, the word God isn't even mentioned in our Constitution except for that entry in the preamble which is technically not part of our Constitution. now, to address the question. i think our constitution is very clear on the separation of church and state. if i were a legislator (not a president, for crying out loud!) i will create bills that will further strengthen the divide between church and state. cong. palatino had the same in mind but unfortunately, the influential cbcp shot it down even before his bill could hurdle first reading.
  • first of all, the president doesn't have the power to change the Constitution. second of all, the word God isn't even mentioned in our Constitution except for that entry in the preamble which is technically not part of our Constitution. now, to address the question. i think our constitution is very clear on the separation of church and state. if i were a legislator (not a president, for crying out loud!) i will create bills that will further strengthen the divide between church and state. cong. palatino had the same in mind but unfortunately, the influential cbcp shot it down even before his bill could hurdle first reading.

He has the power to amend constitution together with the legislators as far as i know. So what is the importance of Preamble?

Even if it is not part of the constitution how come every president when he takes his oath the last words he utter is "So help me God" ?
    first of all, the president doesn't have the power to change the Constitution. second of all, the word God isn't even mentioned in our Constitution except for that entry in the preamble which is technically not part of our Constitution. now, to address the question. i think our constitution is very clear on the separation of church and state. if i were a legislator (not a president, for crying out loud!) i will create bills that will further strengthen the divide between church and state. cong. palatino had the same in mind but unfortunately, the influential cbcp shot it down even before his bill could hurdle first reading.

Of course, Manubol is correct. GOD is not in our Constitution. He/She could be in the Preamble, in the coin, in the presidential oath BUT NOT in the Constitution. End of the story. This thread has no cause. Mod, pwede na pong isara.
  • Preamble acts as the introduction of the 1935 Constitution of the Philippines.

1935 Constitution amended

CONSTITUTION OF THE
    REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES

Preamble

The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence, in order to establish a government that shall embody their ideals, conserve and develop the patrimony of the nation, promote the general welfare, and secure to themselves and their posterity the blessings of independence under a regime of justice, liberty, and democracy, do ordain and promulgate this Constitution.

http://www.gov.ph/the-philippine-constitutions/1935-constitution-ammended/
  • kuroihikarikuroihikari Moderator PExer
    President has no role at all at amending the constitution. The Congress first decide whether it's a ConCon or ConCom, convene whatever they decide on, generate the constitution, then hold a plebiscite. No President whatsoever.
    President has no role at all at amending the constitution. The Congress first decide whether it's a ConCon or ConCom, convene whatever they decide on, generate the constitution, then hold a plebiscite. No President whatsoever.

Amen. So, with that resolved, all we need is just a little housekeeping. Let us close this thread and archive it under "Ouch!".
  • I second demonyo. close this thread. but for gingerbread's enlightenment, let's refer him/her to Sections 1 and 2, Article XVII of our Constitution. Look 'em up, ginger. any college student who has taken up consti (or any high IQ high school student for that matter) knows that constitutional revisions/amendments may be effected only in any of the three ways, namely: by constitutional convention, by congress, upon the vote of 3/4 of all its members , and directly through the people by means of initiative and referendum, in the case of amendments, as congress may provide. as mod kuroi has stated, the president is not a part of this constitutional process.

President's oath includes the phrase "So help me God" but only because the president taking the oath is a believer. If he is an atheist, he is not required to take the oath but merely to AFFIRM. this rule is the same in court. If you are a believer, you take the oath. If you are an atheist, you simply "affirm" the so-called AFFIRMATION (without the phrase so help me god) . it's not called OATH OR AFFIRMATION for nothing. it tends to both believers and non-believers. now, where were we? aye.. close this thread....
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    The problem is before you were born God is recognized in Philippine Constitution up to this very moment.

Ang labo ng sagot mo.
  • President has no role at all at amending the constitution. The Congress first decide whether it's a ConCon or ConCom, convene whatever they decide on, generate the constitution, then hold a plebiscite. No President whatsoever.

How about Marcos when he declare the martial law and turn the constitution in a dictatorship form of goverment?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file