Home PEx Family and Society Buhay Pinoy

MC Riders of the Philippines

There are different views and opinions in choosing motorcycles as your primary vehicle whether going to work or to any other place you want to visit. First reason I heard that its fuel efficient, with the rising cost of the fuel; it’s a no brainer to own one. Second probably is the traffic condition, one can simply zip thru the traffic and can still be on time. There are other positive reasons to own a motorcycle but as for me, safety is my primary concern why I chose not to own one.

continue reading...

Comments

• F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Let's just say that in any accident, whether it your fault or not, a motorcyclist will never win. :glee: Law of momentum/Newton's 2nd. Unless you're Masked Rider Black. Wearing helmet may save you, but I've seen an accident where the fire hydrant pierced through his helmet (he was going so fast when he hit a bump).
  • Papichulo168Papichulo168 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^
    Oooh, now I'm scared of riding my bike now.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Well good for you, buttercups. :) I don't give two shakes if you ride your bike you follow anything I said on the internet. I'm just saying my two bits.
  • hermeowninihermeownini PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    use electric bicycle na lang na sometimes pwede mag-shift to normal peddling sometimes. i never hit my head pa while riding my bike (as in bisikleta huh) but i suppose the helmet will not aid you in serious collision. there are also odds the rider could get impaled like what happened to ric segreto and pauly carbone (in car).
  • xctrekkerxctrekker PEx Rookie ⭐
    BuhayDaan wrote: »
    There are different views and opinions in choosing motorcycles as your primary vehicle whether going to work or to any other place you want to visit. First reason I heard that its fuel efficient, with the rising cost of the fuel; it’s a no brainer to own one. Second probably is the traffic condition, one can simply zip thru the traffic and can still be on time. There are other positive reasons to own a motorcycle but as for me, safety is my primary concern why I chose not to own one.

continue reading...

Yup, sobrang no-brainer kaya any Tom, **** & Harry na may P2,000 pang downpayment, nagkaka-MC agad. Kahit walang alam sa tamang bike handling skills & traffic rules.

If you go to an MC riding school they will teach you NOT to zip or weave through traffic- for your own good. Pinoys think having MCs gives them the privilege to go through any gap. You're actually supposed to occupy your own imaginary box/space on the road- aligned with the rest of the traffic.

Passing a line of cars is never safe. May magbukas lang pinto, tingnan ko lang kung saan ka pulutin.
  • cyberfunkcyberfunk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It's either you have no choice but own an MC because it's the only one you can afford and it's more efficient for your work or like in my case you have a passion for it. I travel with our cage with my family and I set my self free with my MC. Helmet is optional to me and you really have to scare yourself sometimes.

Iba magpatakbo ng motor ang may sariling kotse.
  • Vit@min_C[email protected]_C PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    newbie mc driver = wild driver
    veteran mc driver = safe driver
    educated mc driver = slow-safe driver
    pa pogi mc driver = fast, stupid driver
    male-late mc driver = another reckless driver
    lasing driver = racer driver
    --
    Normally, pag well modified mc, mga reckless driver ang owner. Compared sa mga naka mc na pure stock yung parts, na pang service lang talaga nila.
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    TS havent you gone to subforum Pitstop? I have made a pretty good thread about motorcycle drivers there few years ago. Try to read it. :glee:
  • You're actually supposed to occupy your own imaginary box/space on the road- aligned with the rest of the traffic.

Yeah right. A motorcyclist own space on the road, napansin mo ba gaano karami ang nakamotor na nasa unahan sa stoplight? Ironic na kahit alam ng ibang cagers yan di rin naman nila nirerespeto ang space na yan.

The only reason why car drivers, seasoned experienced ones, do not weave thru traffic is because they wont fit and if they do they would get trapped as other cars surely wont give way - resulting to an episode of bribery.

I have no problems with riders as long as they use signal lights properly to let me know where they wanted to go. If traffics not moving, ok lang sumingit sila sa tabi. They are actually doing us cagers a favor by not eating up bigger space. In fact, i purposely give space for them on my right side and up front - just so they go on their way and not add to the volume.
    If you go to an MC riding school they will teach you NOT to zip or weave through traffic- for your own good

Not true. They will teach you when and how to do that properly and safely.
  • Ice BurnIce Burn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kala ko bagong food product ng Mcdo. :lol:
  • boy_banoboy_bano PEx Rookie ⭐
    true that. not to discredit my cage but i really miss my old skut. can't wait to buy a new one..
  • xctrekker wrote: »
    Yup, sobrang no-brainer kaya any Tom, **** & Harry na may P2,000 pang downpayment, nagkaka-MC agad. Kahit walang alam sa tamang bike handling skills & traffic rules.

If you go to an MC riding school they will teach you NOT to zip or weave through traffic- for your own good. Pinoys think having MCs gives them the privilege to go through any gap. You're actually supposed to occupy your own imaginary box/space on the road- aligned with the rest of the traffic.

Passing a line of cars is never safe. May magbukas lang pinto, tingnan ko lang kung saan ka pulutin.

exactly....
  • Not true. They will teach you when and how to do that properly and safely.

pati rin po ba *** mag counter flow at gamitin *** side walk? meron po bang safe way to do it?
  • xctrekkerxctrekker PEx Rookie ⭐

Not true. They will teach you when and how to do that properly and safely.

What they taught us was how to safely overtake and avoid obstacles/ obstructions. But the antics that we see MC riders do today- snaking & weaving at high speed or when traffic is snarled is a no-no. Commonwealth Ave is a good example.

Well maybe they changed the lessons in riding schools today, I don't know. But I can assure you it wasn't like that during my time. I'll stick to what I learned- I feel safer using them.
  • shox920shox920 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Normally, pag well modified mc, mga reckless driver ang owner. Compared sa mga naka mc na pure stock yung parts, na pang service lang talaga nila.

Hindi naman siguro lahat brod... like mine, upgraded ang block, carb, stage 2 cams, port and polish head... pero minsan talaga, may times na ang tingin ko sa commonwealth and roxas blvd ay Carmona race track

pero bilang miyembro ng MCPF at ng KRCP... nangingibabaw ang safe MC driving... siyempre may mga stickers ako ng mga yan na nakadikit sa rear fender ng bike ko... sana nagets niyo ako
  • Vit@min_C[email protected]_C PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Advantage talaga pag member ka ng mc club, nagiging disiplinado.since may mga rules at regulations na sinusunod bago ka makapasok. :)

not sure, pero mas madaming talagang pasaway na mc drivers kesa matino. :)
  • caffeine_kittiecaffeine_kittie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hindi lahat ng modified mc reckless na ang rider. nasa rider pa rin kung disiplinado sya or hindi ;)
    meron din stock na kaskasero, pilit nakikipaghabulan sa kargadong mc :bop:
    shox920 wrote: »
    Hindi naman siguro lahat brod... like mine, upgraded ang block, carb, stage 2 cams, port and polish head... pero minsan talaga, may times na ang tingin ko sa commonwealth and roxas blvd ay Carmona race track

pero bilang miyembro ng MCPF at ng KRCP... nangingibabaw ang safe MC driving... siyempre may mga stickers ako ng mga yan na nakadikit sa rear fender ng bike ko... sana nagets niyo ako
    *okay*
    pag member ka ng club, may pinanghahawakan ka ding grupo at ayaw mong lahatin kayo kung may isang lalabag sa riding rules. sa mc groups kasi tinuturo din ang tamang speed at road safety.
    Advantage talaga pag member ka ng mc club, nagiging disiplinado.since may mga rules at regulations na sinusunod bago ka makapasok. :)

not sure, pero mas madaming talagang pasaway na mc drivers kesa matino. :)
    totoo yan vit. c *okay*
    lalo na pag active ang isang mc group, bawat isa kasi concern sa safety ng miyembro.

napakaraming pasaway talaga sa daan, hindi naman kailangan humarurot eh, wala namang pot of gold sa dulo ng highway kung makikipag-unahan. hindi rin tuloy masisi ang cage drivers kung bakit nagagalit sila sa mga mc na biglang sisingit at susulpot sa harap nila.

DISIPLINA AT RESPETO lang ang kailangan kapag binabaybay ang daan *okay*
  • xctrekker wrote: »
    What they taught us was how to safely overtake and avoid obstacles/ obstructions. But the antics that we see MC riders do today- snaking & weaving at high speed or when traffic is snarled is a no-no. Commonwealth Ave is a good example.

Well maybe they changed the lessons in riding schools today, I don't know. But I can assure you it wasn't like that during my time. I'll stick to what I learned- I feel safer using them.

Noticed the words when, how, properly and safely?
    I didnt say theyll teach you how to ride like crazy.