Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Franklin & Bash

mykel14mykel14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
franklin-and-bash-poster.jpg?w=300&h=400

I was so sure this has an existing thread already. Checked 19 pages of this sub-forum and the TV Series Thread Guide to no avail.

Overview from Wikipedia:

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]Jared Franklin and Peter Bash are two streetwise plaintiffs' attorneys. After defeating Damien Karp of the prestigious law firm Infeld Daniels they are recruited by senior partner Stanton Infeld to breathe new life into the ailing firm. Assisting Franklin and Bash is Carmen Phillips, an ex-convict out on parole who assists with background investigations on cases, and Pindar Singh, a brilliant, agoraphobic attorney.

In agreeing to work for Infeld Daniels, Franklin and Bash were guaranteed that they would still be taking on the same kind of cases as before, only with the backing of a major law firm. Over the course of their cases Franklin and Bash, through their courtroom antics, prove to be effective advocates for their clients, much to the chagrin of Damien Karp and his ex-girlfriend Hanna Linden.[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]

One of the original trailers:

[CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
Now on its second season! :bounce:

Comments

• mykel14mykel14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    My friends keep on comparing this with Suits. I like both shows. This one's the lighter of the two shows of the legal and procedural genre.

Anybody else watching the show? Your thoughts?
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I thought there was a thread too. Looked at database, wala nga.

I follow both shows. This shouldn't be compared to Suits just because it features two male lawyers. This is more of a comedy talaga, and it's 'coolness' is more of a party type of cool. (Well, they have parties almost every night. :D ) Suits' 'coolness' is more suave, very evident in Harvey and the music used in the show. Franklin and Bash is more about getting justice in a non-stereotypical way, as they are very creative. Suits is more straightforward when it comes to the law, but Harvey is just so awesome that he wins in awesome ways too. Suits is way better, but this is very entertaining and is worth watching too. :)
    Agreed. I don't understand my friends. :lol: Those watching F&B do not like Suits, while those following the latter do not watch F&B. Bahala sila. :laugh:
    ---

Anyway, the reason why I was looking for the non-existing thread was to ask about Peter's 'girlfriend' - the hot cop he's dating in the first two episodes. What happened to her/them? Nagulat na lang ako when Peter had another girl this episode. Weren't they dating? And more importantly, when is she coming back? :hiya: :glee:
    OO NGA NO? I actually forgot about her, but yeah. Kung wala siya dito, pwedeng recurring lang kasi, but he shouldn't have sung (sang?) to that girl. Huh.
    Maybe he's gonna get back with the district attorney. MEH.
    Wala, biglang nawala si cop girl. Labo.
    But I love this show. Always look forward to watching it.
    It's as if they don't have a major plot this season, no? I don't mind keeping this light. That's why I'm watching this anyway. Damien and Hanna are redeeming themselves in previous episodes. Nice. *okay*
    Yes! Same here. It's one of my 'light' watches. :D
    No new episode this week.
    Aaaaaaand... they're back! :bounce:
  • honey4evrhoney4evr PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ is it just me or heather locklear is just plain annoying as the new pseudo villain here? wala syang scare factor (ala-jessica of suits). naiinis lang talaga ko sa kanya. para sa isang boss, hindi sya nakaka-command ng respect. just plain disgust over her blackmailing strategy.
    You're not alone. Not feeling her. Trying hard to be an interesting villain, but failing. This is minor but... I'm also bothered by the way she speaks - I think it's because of the botox, but I'm really just assuming.

I like the new house, great setting. And I'm curious about the doctor.
    Me too! CaRaMBa described her perfectly. She's trying way too hard. But she toned down a bit in the second episode.
  • bitwisebitwise PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Is that the guy from Saved by the Bell?
    i thought, i was just the one who didn't like her. oh, well... i'll give her a chance. or pag di ko pa rin sya ma-feel, i'll just focus on the other characters and ignore her na lang. :lol:

haven't watched this season's 2nd episode so, let's see...
    bitwise wrote: »
    Is that the guy from Saved by the Bell?

Yep, it's him.
    honey4evr wrote: »
    i thought, i was just the one who didn't like her. oh, well... i'll give her a chance. or pag di ko pa rin sya ma-feel, i'll just focus on the other characters and ignore her na lang. :lol:

haven't watched this season's 2nd episode so, let's see...

Yeah, I can tolerate her because the others are interesting pa din...
    2nd episode is better and i heather's character changed to something tolerable. hindi na sya nakakainis. :lol:
    Medyo disturbing that he can talk about his mother that way... :D
    It'd be cool if they got Rob Lowe for the season finale. :lol: